Axes Physical Therapy is once again pleased to announce more expansion and hiring within our organization. Since 2015 with two locations and the desire to change the physical therapy landscape in the Midwest, Axes has quickly become a place of great importance to patients and the caring employees who make up the team with 12 locations, and growth on the horizon. Staying true to our roots, Axes is a physical therapist owned and operated organization. We believe in empowering physical therapists to successfully run a business.
Based in the “Show-Me” state, Axes Physical Therapy employees embody the adventurous and lively spirit that led to St. Louis becoming the Gateway to the West. This same spirit is embodied in the culture as an organization, with every member of the team playing a critical role in our continued success and future growth. Due to upcoming growth and expansion, Axes Physical Therapy is looking for team-oriented, passionate, and enthusiastic folks to join our work family.
We currently have a need for Physical Therapists and Front Office Supervisors in three St. Louis area locations, O’Fallon, Farmington, and St. Peters, all due to growth and expansion. Full job descriptions below.
In O’Fallon, we are hiring a full-time working physical therapist. Our O’Fallon team is headed by Jennifer Urnikis, PT, Clinic Director. This location is known for it’s bright, positive, energetic atmosphere. Located near the intersection of 64/HWY K, Axes O’Fallon has quickly become a valuable resource for those living and working in St. Charles County. Apply here.
In Farmington, we are also hiring a full-time physical therapist. Our Farmington team, the largest of our 12 clinics, is headed by Derrick Wolk, MPT, CMPT, Clinic Director, Partner.Affectionately named the ‘The Farm,’ this clinic is well established and has been serving all of St. Francois County for 5 years. There is always a buzz of fun and good energy in this office, with a large emphasis on teamwork and comradery among the staff. Apply here.
In St. Peters, we are hiring a full-time Front Office Supervisor. Our St. Peters team is headed by Brian Freund, DPT, CMPT, TPS, MBA, Clinic Director, Partner. Conveniently located at Mexico Road and Mid-Rivers Drive, our physical therapy center in St. Peters, has become the go-to place for many neighbors, friends and family members who find themselves in need of physical therapy.. Front Office Supervisors ‘run the show’ – essentially driving organization and efficiency in the patient journey from first contact, evaluation, and discharge. They are leaders in the organization and their individual clinics, responsible for managing the day to day front office operations in a fast-paced outpatient physical therapy center. Apply here.
We are grateful to be able to say that each of these positions are added positions to our workforce to support our growing locations and patient base. The amount of community support we have received in our now almost 5 full years of operation has been astounding and humbling. We thank you – our communities, clients, patients, friends, family, and existing employees – for the exponential growth in our first 5 years as an organization.
Helping you is what we do… and we are honored to be able to do it.
Front Office Supervisor Job Description
Responsible for managing the day to day front office operations in a fast-paced outpatient physical therapy center. Function as a supportive resource for the clinical staff, with emphasis on the patient and client experience through effective and friendly communication, timely scheduling, and collection of patient information and insurance information. Oversee and perform insurance verification and authorization, collection and monitoring of patient balances, and communicate with director and billing/accounts receivable to ensure proper application of medical benefits.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform job duties in alignment with organizational core values
- Demonstrate client and patient centered in-person and over-the-phone interactions
- Oversee and take responsibility for timely and appropriate scheduling of new patients
- Ensure proper data entry in line with front office processes and procedures. Follow process outlined to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Gather insurance information and verify benefits for patients. Be able to communicate insurance information to patients to ensure comprehension
- Work with clinical team to schedule follow-up visits appropriately
- Follow up with existing and past patients to ensure scheduling frequency is maintained
- Assist in inventory management in the clinic, especially related to front office supplies/needs
- Be active participant in maintaining clinic appearance/cleanliness, especially the front office and waiting room workspace
- Assist patients with completion of necessary paperwork (as needed)
- Demonstrate client centered interactions when speaking with external customers, including physician offices, insurance providers, case managers
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong relationship building capabilities and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative and independent judgement in solving problems
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers verbally and in writing
- Able to work as a positive team member with peers and management
- Ability to maintain and ensure confidentiality of all patient/client information in accordance with company policy
- Understanding of EMR/Revenue Cycle Management systems
This position operated in a professional work environment. This role requires regular use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, copiers, scanners and fax machines.
Job Type: Full-time
Physical Therapist Job Description
The Physical Therapist is responsible for directing patient care along the care continuum. This involves the direct delivery of care as well as oversight of support staff to ensure an exceptional patient experience and outcome.
- Functions as a cooperative, active member of the health care team
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and physician related information.
- Assumes responsibility for continued professional growth and development, by participating in continuing education programs, and other appropriate learning experiences.
- Maintains safety and infection control standards: recognizes and reports inferior patient care and or safety hazards.
- Evaluates patients per physician order and administers appropriate treatments
- Responsible for timely completion and submission of all reports pertaining to evaluation, daily treatments and discharge. Ensure timely communication to all referral sources regarding their respective patients
- Maintains appropriate and accurate records
- Interprets and reports results of treatments
- Assigns and supervises appropriate tasks to support staff as needed
- Participates in the development and implementation of programs and services
- Practice Physical Therapy consistent with the American Physical Therapy Association Code of Ethics, and Standards of Practice
- Maintain a patient treatment schedule consistent with the needs of the facility and guidelines set forth by leadership
- Respects and understands the patient right to treatment and right to involvement in treatment decisions
- Participates in marketing the practice through relationship building with clients and article submission annually
We’re looking for a Physical Therapist with the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a diverse range of people.
- Ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from patients.
- Ability to act with integrity in regards to all matters of confidentiality.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative and independent judgment in solving problems.
- Willingness to practice Physical Therapy consistent with the American Physical Therapy Association Code of Ethics
Job Type: Full-time