“CID’s mission is to teach children who are deaf and hard of hearing to listen, talk, read and succeed. We empower families and professionals in St. Louis and worldwide to help children reach their fullest potential.”
Central Institute for the Deaf
Axes is a small, locally owned and operated physical therapy company serving our communities in the Greater St. Louis area. We’re fortunate to be able to offer our services at 14 locations, with the mission to help as many people as possible. Our profession is all about helping others and giving back. Through the service of physical and occupational therapy, we give our patients’ their livelihoods, lifestyles, and abilities back.
Since giving back is the fundamental reason that our organization exists, it was important to the ownership and staff of Axes Physical Therapy to make sure that we are doing all that we can to give back to the communities we love. Each month, Axes partners with a local, staff nominated charitable organization to donate food, goods, clothes, and funds through our “Wear Jeans, Change Lives” initiative. Employees of Axes contribute to a St. Louis area charitable cause by automatic payroll deduction and get to wear jeans to work on Fridays. In the later months of 2021 and first quarter of 2022, The Axes Physical Therapy Foundation is honored to have given back to 501C3s such as Spirit of Discovery Park, U.S. Naval Sea Cadets, Landon’s League, Forest Park Forever, Boys and Girls Clubs of St. Louis, and in March ’22, we are supporting the Central Institute for the Deaf in St. Louis.
The Central Institute for the Deaf offers educational opportunities and resources for children and families as well as professionals (deaf education and general education teachers, speech-language pathologists, auditory-verbal therapists, audiologists, program administrators and others). CID is a school where children who are deaf and hard of hearing learn to listen, talk, read and succeed. We empower families and professionals in St. Louis and worldwide to help children reach their fullest potential.
CID’s value statements help to define their culture and inform their interactions with one another and with the children, families and professionals we serve. The CID’s five core values from their official site are are:
- REFLECTIVE INNOVATION
- We value innovation that contributes to student achievement and the advancement of our field. We achieve this through ongoing evaluation of self, program and organization. This reflective innovation is fueled by experience, intuition, creative thinking and evidenced-based best practices.
- COMMUNICATION AND COLLABORATION
- We value sharing and collaborating within and across departments and with families, community, universities and professionals who can help children who are deaf or hard of hearing achieve their fullest potential. We further recognize that both formal and informal communication between CID administration and staff – from the top down and the bottom up – are paramount to CID’s success as an organization.
- Every child, family, employee and professional’s voice is heard and respected at CID. We value fairness, tradition, diversity, manners and the needs of individuals, including the need for home and work balance.
- COMPASSIONATE INDIVIDUALIZED EDUCATION
- CID is dedicated to educating the whole child by adapting services to meet the individual needs of each child and family. We are committed to providing these services attentively and selflessly while remaining true to our mission.
- HIGH EXPECTATIONS
- All members of the CID family demand excellence from themselves, co-workers, students, families and the professionals we serve. We are committed to being a professional learning community and therefore a leader in the field. We achieve this through personal and professional accountability, honesty, continual self improvement/education and all the values stated above.
Thank you to our Axes patients, staff, friends, and clients for your continued support of our small business, assisting those in need, and contributing to our greatest mission – to give back. On behalf of the children and families who depend on CID, thank you for reading on and for your support – from awareness to donations – it’s all appreciated.
Helping you is what we do… and we love doing it.
Learn more about the Central Institute for the Deaf.