As St. Louis County moves back to more strict restrictions in the wake of COVID-19, we are confident in our protocols that have been in place since the start of the pandemic to keep our doors open.
Axes Physical Therapy is considered an essential business by the State of Missouri and the City of St. Louis. Therefore, we are allowed to remain open to ensure the service of SAFE physical and occupational therapy is available to you.
We are very closely monitoring the latest news and actions taken regarding COVID-19. The health and safety of our patients is our top priority – which is why we offer appointments safely in-clinic following the strict guidelines of the CDC or virtually through our telehealth platform. We have invested a tremendous amount of thought, time, and resources into doing things right. Our protocols were designed to maximize your safety.
Bottom line, if you are currently in treatment or considering treatment – don’t put your recovery on hold because of the pandemic. Movement is critical to physical, emotional and mental well-being. For those recovering from an injury, recent surgery or suffering from pain, our commitment to our patients and medical partners is to keep you safe during your recovery with us. Request an appointment today and let our team help you get back to doing the things you love to do.
In addition to county mandates, here are some additional steps we’re taking to keep our patients and staff safe:
- We’ve taken aggressive and strict efforts to ensure clinic cleanliness and sanitation. In compliance with CDC and WHO, we are activity enforcing proper cleaning techniques and use of designated cleaning chemicals to neutralize the Covid-19 virus.
- Take frequent hand washing and sanitization between patients very seriously. This is a standard we’ve always held ourselves to. We’re requiring our patients to uphold the same standard.
- All visitors and family members will be asked not to attend patient visits and will be confined to our waiting areas. Similarly, vendors and students/volunteers are also restricted.
- Mask wearing is mandatory in our facilities. Exceptions will be made for those exercising at a high intensity when socially distanced.
- We’ve implemented social distancing with the clinic setting.
- As always, our therapists are available to counsel and educate patients on their condition outside of physical attendance in therapy. We’ve always held to this standard and will continue to do so, whether over the phone or in a virtual environment.
All of us at Axes remain steadfast with our obligation to provide a safe healing environment for those of you in need of our services. We greatly appreciate each and every one of you and realize that we’re all (still) in this together, and that together we’ll come out stronger in the end.
The Owners and Staff of Axes Physical Therapy
Ownership team of Axes Physical Therapy (left to right): John Teepe, MPT, Ernie Goddard, PT, Derrick Wolk, MPT, CMPT, Bill Franzen, MSPT, Brian Freund, DPT, CMPT, TPS, MBA, Bruce Watson, MS, PT.