St. Peters, MO Physical Therapy
You’ve suffered an injury, are recovering from surgery, or have been living with chronic back pain or joint stiffness for far too long. You need help regaining mobility and extinguishing the pain. Physical therapy in St. Peters, MO might be the best solution for you. Physical therapy is the medical profession focused on improving body function and movement, managing pain, and preventing further injury and disability. You will work with a licensed medical professional called a physical therapist, who will give you a combination of exercises, hands-on treatment, and education that will make your life easier and more comfortable and help you return to the activities you used to do. A proven physical therapy regimen prescribed by a qualified physical therapist can make a world of difference in advancing your recovery and restoring you body to its maximum abilities.
Axes Physical Therapy is a leading St. Peters, MO physical therapy provider. Our team of highly qualified, licensed physical and occupational therapists, along with our amazing office staff, provide a physical therapy experience centered around each patient. With most of our therapists having more than 15 years of experience, Axes Physical Therapy is able to provide informed care based on our knowledge, compassion, and professionalism. Contact us today to learn about Axes Physical Therapy, our qualifications, and how we can lead you to a life of comfort, strength, and mobility. Or request an appointment now to get started right away.
Physical Therapy Uses
Physical therapy is integral to achieving the mobility, strength, and stability you seek. Physical therapy helps with everything from treating injuries and disabilities, recovering from surgery and trauma, and improving mobility and physical functioning. You do not have to be a professional athlete to benefit from physical therapy in St. Peters. We treat all kinds of people of all ages and levels of physical ability.
We see patients for many different reasons who have many different goals. Some seek physical therapy to treat an acute injury. When you’ve been in an accident and suffer an injury while working, playing a sport, working out, or doing other strenuous physical activity, you may benefit from St. Peters, MO physical therapy. We also see physical therapy patients who have a chronic pain condition, have movement problems, or are experiencing pain or mobility concerns that come with advanced age.
When you partner with your physical therapist to develop and execute a physical therapy plan, physical therapy has significant benefits to your health. By making lifestyle modifications, exercising regularly, and even modifying your diet, physical therapy at Axes Physical Therapy can become an important part of your recovery and overall health journey.
Physical therapy can help with:
- Pain management: a reduced need for controlled substances like opioids
- Mobility: improved mobility and increased range of motion
- Recovery: a stronger, swifter recovery from injury, trauma, surgery, etc.
- Avoiding surgery: with physical therapy, you may be able to avoid surgery or additional surgeries
- Fall prevention: a reduced risk of falling
- Improved balance: increase your strength and stability
- Improved quality of life: especially in advanced age or if living with a disability
- Financial savings: reduce medical costs associated with surgeries and other medical treatments
- Improved overall physical health
Receiving Physical Therapy
The focus and course of treatment in physical therapy are unique and personalized to you and your goals. Your physical therapist will come up with a plan and suggest treatments based on a multitude of factors specific to your diagnosis and condition. When you decide to seek St. Peters, MO physical therapy treatment, there are several things your physical therapist will do for you. They will:
- Examine and evaluate: In your first appointment, your physical therapist will ask you questions and conduct a physical exam. This allows them to get a sense of your current condition and your needs. For the physical exam, your therapist will might observe evaluate your mobility, your range of motion, posture, and strength. Also, your physical therapist will use hands-on evaluation techniques and ask you questions about your goals in physical therapy and activities that you’d like to return to.
- Diagnose and plan: After your physical therapist has a good sense of your injury or condition, they will share and discuss your diagnosis and prognosis for recovery. They will share a proposed plan of care with you and set both short-term goals and long-term goals.
- Treat: Treatment will vary based on your condition and health status and will be designed by your physical therapist based on the evaluation they conduct. This stage of St. Peters, MO physical therapy varies widely from person to person based on their abilities and needs. You can expect a wide range of treatments which can include hands-on mobilization, stretches and exercises, functional activities, and passive treatments such as applying heat or ice. As you improve, your treatment plan will be modified and advanced to ensure maximum recovery.
- Recommend and Communicate: You are an active participant in your recovery to determine what exercises you will complete at home, make modifications to activities that you aren’t comfortable with, and get answers to your questions as they come up. We will work closely with your physician to track your progress in therapy and understand what actions to take.
St. Louis Area Physical Therapy | Axes Physical Therapy
Whether you sprained your ankle playing basketball, injured your back working in the yard, or you’re recovering from a work-related injury, physical therapy can get you back to the activities you love, improving your quality of life. To begin your recovery today, receive physical therapy from Axes Physical Therapy – the St. Peters, MO physical therapists you can trust and count on. We have several locations, all locally owned and operated by physical therapists and occupational therapists that lead their industry. Our number one goal is to use our expertise in physical therapy to get you moving better and experiencing less pain. Discover what St. Peters, MO physical therapy can do for you by contacting us or requesting an appointment today.