Concord, MO Physical Therapy
Have you been recently injured or recently had surgery? Have you been living with joint pain and stiffness for years? You deserve to live in comfort and independence. Physical therapy in Concord, MO might be the best solution for you. Through physical therapy, you can increase your range of motion and overall physical functioning, manage and eliminate persisting pain, and reduce your chances of getting injured or needing more serious medical treatments in the future. You will work with a licensed medical professional called a physical therapist, who will give you a combination of exercises, hands-on treatment, and education that will make your life easier and more comfortable and help you return to the activities you used to do. Quality physical therapy administered at the right time can be the difference between a lifetime of pain and restricted mobility or a swift and strong recovery.
For top Concord, MO physical therapy services, come to Axes Physical Therapy. Axes Physical Therapy is made up of a team of licensed physical therapists and occupational therapists, each averaging more than 15 years of individual experience. Together with the help of our incredible support staff, we form a team that is knowledgeable, compassionate, and professional. We deliver patient-centered, informed care for every patient. To learn more about the Concord, MO physical therapy services we provide and to begin your recovery, contact us or schedule an appointment today.
Physical Therapy Uses
Physical therapy is a highly effective tool in managing your physical health and mobility. It can be successfully used to treat a range of injuries and disabilities, assist in recovery, improve mobility, and reduce pain. Anyone can benefit from physical therapy in Concord. Whether you’re an athlete, a grandparent or have been injured at work, physical therapy can benefit you and help you return to the activities you love.
We see patients for many different reasons who have many different goals. One use for physical therapy is in the treatment of acute injuries. When you’ve been in an accident and suffer an injury while working, playing a sport, working out, or doing other strenuous physical activity, you may benefit from Concord, MO physical therapy. Physical therapy is also beneficial to individuals with chronic pain and mobility restrictions or to those who experience age-related pain and mobility concerns.
When you work together with your physical therapist to develop a plan to achieve your goals, your health will be positively impacted. By making lifestyle modifications, exercising regularly, and even modifying your diet, physical therapy at Axes Physical Therapy can become an important part of your recovery and overall health journey.
Physical therapy can help with:
- Pain management: a reduced need for controlled substances like opioids
- Mobility: improved mobility and increased range of motion
- Recovery: a stronger, swifter recovery from injury, trauma, surgery, etc.
- Avoiding surgery: with physical therapy, you may be able to avoid surgery or additional surgeries
- Fall prevention: a reduced risk of falling
- Improved balance: increase your strength and stability
- Improved quality of life: especially in advanced age or if living with a disability
- Financial savings: reduce medical costs associated with surgeries and other medical treatments
- Improved overall physical health
Receiving Physical Therapy
Physical therapy treatment is individualized, and the course of treatment for each person is based on your personal desires and goals. Your physical therapist will take into account your goals and their diagnosis of your condition to formulate the best treatment plan for you. When you decide to seek Concord, MO physical therapy treatment, there are several things your physical therapist will do for you. They will:
- Examine and evaluate: The first time you see your physical therapist, they need to get a sense of your current condition. This will include a physical exam in addition to an individual consultation. For the physical exam, your therapist will might observe evaluate your mobility, your range of motion, posture, and strength. Also, your physical therapist will use hands-on evaluation techniques and ask you questions about your goals in physical therapy and activities that you’d like to return to.
- Diagnose and plan: Next, your physical therapist will talk with you about their assessment. They will propose a plan of care based on their diagnosis of your condition and will work with you to set short-term and long-term goals.
- Treat: Treatment will vary based on your condition and health status and will be designed by your physical therapist based on the evaluation they conduct. In Concord, MO physical therapy, treatment can include hands-on mobilization, exercises, functional activities, and passive treatments like heat or ice. As you improve, your treatment plan will be modified and advanced to ensure maximum recovery.
- Recommend and Communicate: You are an active participant in your recovery to determine what exercises you will complete at home, make changes to activities that you aren’t comfortable with, and get answers to your questions as they come up. We will work closely with your physician to track your progress in therapy and understand what actions to take.
St. Louis Area Physical Therapy | Axes Physical Therapy
Physical therapy can be used to return you to the activities you love to do and improve your quality of life whether you tore your ACL playing soccer, got hurt doing housework, or have been injured on the job. To begin your recovery today, receive physical therapy from Axes Physical Therapy – the Concord, MO physical therapists you can trust and count on. Our facilities are locally owned and operated by skilled physical therapists and occupational therapists who are leaders in their fields. Our number one goal is to use our expertise in physical therapy to get you moving better and experiencing less pain. Discover what Concord, MO physical therapy can do for you by contacting us or requesting an appointment today.