Wilbur Park, MO Physical Therapy
Have you been recently injured or recently had surgery? Have you been living with joint pain and stiffness for years? You deserve to live in comfort and independence. Physical therapy in Wilbur Park, MO might be the best solution for you. Through physical therapy, you can increase your range of motion and overall physical functioning, manage and eliminate persisting pain, and reduce your chances of getting injured or needing more serious medical treatments in the future. You will work with a licensed medical professional called a physical therapist, who will give you a combination of exercises, hands-on treatment, and education that will make your life easier and more comfortable and help you return to the activities you used to do. A proven physical therapy regimen prescribed by a qualified physical therapist can make a world of difference in advancing your recovery and restoring you body to its maximum abilities.
For top Wilbur Park, MO physical therapy services, come to Axes Physical Therapy. Our team of highly qualified, licensed physical and occupational therapists, along with our amazing office staff, provide a physical therapy experience centered around each patient. With most of our therapists having more than 15 years of experience, Axes Physical Therapy is able to provide informed care based on our knowledge, compassion, and professionalism. To learn more about the Wilbur Park, MO physical therapy services we provide and to begin your recovery, contact us or schedule an appointment today.
Physical Therapy Uses
Physical therapy is a highly effective tool in managing your physical health and mobility. It can be successfully used to treat a range of injuries and disabilities, assist in recovery, improve mobility, and reduce pain. You do not have to be a professional athlete to benefit from physical therapy in Wilbur Park. We treat all kinds of people of all ages and levels of physical ability.
We see patients for many different reasons who have many different goals. Some seek physical therapy to treat an acute injury. When you’ve been in an accident and suffer an injury while working, playing a sport, working out, or doing other strenuous physical activity, you may benefit from Wilbur Park, MO physical therapy. We also see physical therapy patients who have a chronic pain condition, have movement problems, or are experiencing pain or mobility concerns that come with advanced age.
When you work together with your physical therapist to develop a plan to achieve your goals, your health will be positively impacted. When used correctly and optimized by following all of your physical therapist’s recommendations, like regularly doing exercises, changing your diet, and other lifestyle modifications, physical therapy has significant benefits to your health. To enjoy the benefits of physical therapy, be sure to follow all of your physical therapist’s recommendations.
Physical therapy can help with:
- Pain management: a reduced need for controlled substances like opioids
- Mobility: improved mobility and increased range of motion
- Recovery: a stronger, swifter recovery from injury, trauma, surgery, etc.
- Avoiding surgery: with physical therapy, you may be able to avoid surgery or additional surgeries
- Fall prevention: a reduced risk of falling
- Improved balance: increase your strength and stability
- Improved quality of life: especially in advanced age or if living with a disability
- Financial savings: reduce medical costs associated with surgeries and other medical treatments
- Improved overall physical health
Receiving Physical Therapy
The focus and course of treatment in physical therapy are unique and personalized to you and your goals. Your physical therapist will take into account your goals and their diagnosis of your condition to formulate the best treatment plan for you. When you decide to seek Wilbur Park, MO physical therapy treatment, there are several things your physical therapist will do for you. They will:
- Examine and evaluate: In your first appointment, your physical therapist will ask you questions and conduct a physical exam. This allows them to get a sense of your current condition and your needs. For the physical exam, your therapist will might observe evaluate your mobility, your range of motion, posture, and strength. Also, your physical therapist will use hands-on evaluation techniques and ask you questions about your goals in physical therapy and activities that you’d like to return to.
- Diagnose and plan: After your physical therapist has a good sense of your injury or condition, they will share and discuss your diagnosis and prognosis for recovery. They will share a proposed plan of care with you and set both short-term goals and long-term goals.
- Treat: Treatment will vary based on your condition and health status and will be designed by your physical therapist based on the evaluation they conduct. In Wilbur Park, MO physical therapy, treatment can include hands-on mobilization, exercises, functional activities, and passive treatments like heat or ice. As you make progress, your treatment plan will be modified and advanced to ensure maximum recovery.
- Recommend and Communicate: You are an active participant in your recovery to determine what exercises you will complete at home, make changes to activities that you aren’t comfortable with, and get answers to your questions as they come up. We will work closely with your physician to determine the appropriate course of care based on your level of progression in therapy.
St. Louis Area Physical Therapy | Axes Physical Therapy
Physical therapy can be used to return you to the activities you love to do and improve your quality of life whether you tore your ACL playing soccer, got hurt doing housework, or have been injured on the job. To begin your recovery today, receive physical therapy from Axes Physical Therapy – the Wilbur Park, MO physical therapists you can trust and count on. Our facilities are locally owned and operated by skilled physical therapists and occupational therapists who are leaders in their fields. Our number one goal is to use our expertise in physical therapy to get you moving better and experiencing less pain. Discover what Wilbur Park, MO physical therapy can do for you by contacting us or requesting an appointment today.