South County, MO Physical Therapy
Have you been recently injured or recently had surgery? Have you been living with joint pain and stiffness for years? You deserve to live in comfort and independence. Physical therapy in South County, MO might be the best solution for you. Through physical therapy, you can increase your range of motion and overall physical functioning, manage and eliminate persisting pain, and reduce your chances of getting injured or needing more serious medical treatments in the future. Physical therapists are licensed medical professionals who, following a thorough evaluation and assessment of your condition, will prescribe exercises, conduct hands-on treatment, and provide education to their patients, improving the quality of life for many people. A proven physical therapy regimen prescribed by a qualified physical therapist can make a world of difference in advancing your recovery and restoring you body to its maximum abilities.
Axes Physical Therapy is a leading South County, MO physical therapy provider. Our team of highly qualified, licensed physical and occupational therapists, along with our amazing office staff, provide a physical therapy experience centered around each patient. With most of our therapists having more than 15 years of experience, Axes Physical Therapy is able to provide informed care based on our knowledge, compassion, and professionalism. Contact us today to learn about Axes Physical Therapy, our qualifications, and how we can lead you to a life of comfort, strength, and mobility. Or request an appointment now to get started right away.
Physical Therapy Uses
Physical therapy is integral to achieving the mobility, strength, and stability you seek. Physical therapy helps with everything from treating injuries and disabilities, recovering from surgery and trauma, and improving mobility and physical functioning. You do not have to be a professional athlete to benefit from physical therapy in South County. Whether you’re an athlete, a grandparent or have been injured at work, physical therapy can benefit you and help you return to the activities you love.
We see patients for many different reasons who have many different goals. Some seek physical therapy to treat an acute injury. When you’ve been in an accident and suffer an injury while working, playing a sport, working out, or doing other strenuous physical activity, you may benefit from South County, MO physical therapy. We also see physical therapy patients who have a chronic pain condition, have movement problems, or are experiencing pain or mobility concerns that come with advanced age.
When you partner with your physical therapist to develop and execute a physical therapy plan, physical therapy has significant benefits to your health. By making lifestyle modifications, exercising regularly, and even modifying your diet, physical therapy at Axes Physical Therapy can become an important part of your recovery and overall health journey.
Physical therapy can help with:
- Pain management: a reduced need for controlled substances like opioids
- Mobility: improved mobility and increased range of motion
- Recovery: a stronger, swifter recovery from injury, trauma, surgery, etc.
- Avoiding surgery: with physical therapy, you may be able to avoid surgery or additional surgeries
- Fall prevention: a reduced risk of falling
- Improved balance: increase your strength and stability
- Improved quality of life: especially in advanced age or if living with a disability
- Financial savings: reduce medical costs associated with surgeries and other medical treatments
- Improved overall physical health
Receiving Physical Therapy
The focus and course of treatment in physical therapy are unique and personalized to you and your goals. Your physical therapist will come up with a plan and suggest treatments based on a multitude of factors specific to your diagnosis and condition. When you decide to seek South County, MO physical therapy treatment, there are several things your physical therapist will do for you. They will:
- Examine and evaluate: The first time you see your physical therapist, they need to get a sense of your current condition. This will include a physical exam in addition to an individual consultation. For the physical exam, your therapist will might observe evaluate your mobility, your range of motion, posture, and strength. Also, your physical therapist will use hands-on evaluation techniques and ask you questions about your goals in physical therapy and activities that you’d like to return to.
- Diagnose and plan: After your physical therapist has a good sense of your injury or condition, they will share and discuss your diagnosis and prognosis for recovery. They will share a proposed plan of care with you and set both short-term goals and long-term goals.
- Treat: Treatment will vary based on your condition and health status and will be designed by your physical therapist based on the evaluation they conduct. In South County, MO physical therapy, treatment can include hands-on mobilization, exercises, functional activities, and passive treatments like heat or ice. As you make progress, your treatment plan will be modified and advanced to ensure maximum recovery.
- Recommend and Communicate: You are an active participant in your recovery to determine what exercises you will complete at home, make changes to activities that are causing pain, and get answers to your questions as they come up. We will work closely with your primary care doctor to determine the appropriate course of care based on your level of progression in therapy.
St. Louis Area Physical Therapy | Axes Physical Therapy
Physical therapy can be used to return you to the activities you love to do and improve your quality of life whether you tore your ACL playing soccer, got hurt doing housework, or have been injured on the job. To begin your recovery today, receive physical therapy from Axes Physical Therapy – the South County, MO physical therapists you can trust and count on. Our facilities are locally owned and operated by skilled physical therapists and occupational therapists who are leaders in their fields. Our number one goal is to use our expertise in physical therapy to get you moving better and experiencing less pain. Discover what South County, MO physical therapy can do for you by contacting us or requesting an appointment today.