South County, MO Physical Therapy
Have you been recently injured or recently had surgery? Have you been living with joint pain and stiffness for years? You deserve to live in comfort and independence.. Physical therapy in South County, MO might be the best solution for you. Physical therapy is the medical profession focused on improving body function and movement, managing pain, and preventing further injury and disability. You will work with a licensed medical professional called a physical therapist, who will give you a combination of exercises, hands-on treatment, and education that will make your life easier and more comfortable and help you return to the activities you used to do. Quality physical therapy administered at the right time can be the difference between a lifetime of pain and restricted mobility or a swift and strong recovery.
For top South County, MO physical therapy services, come to Axes Physical Therapy. Axes Physical Therapy is made up of a team of licensed physical therapists and occupational therapists, each averaging more than 15 years of individual experience. Together with the help of our incredible support staff, we form a team that is knowledgeable, compassionate, and professional. We deliver patient-centered, informed care for every patient. Contact us today to learn about Axes Physical Therapy, our qualifications, and how we can lead you to a life of comfort, strength, and mobility. Or request an appointment now to get started right away.
Physical Therapy Uses
Physical therapy is a highly effective tool in managing your physical health and mobility. It can be successfully used to treat a range of injuries and disabilities, assist in recovery, improve mobility, and recude pain. You do not have to be a professional athlete to benefit from physical therapy in South County. We treat all kinds of people of all ages and levels of physical ability.
We see patients for many different reasons who have many different goals. One use for physical therapy is in the treatment of acute injuries. When you’ve been in an accident and suffer an injury while working, playing a sport, working out, or doing other strenuous physical activity, you may benefit from South County, MO physical therapy. We also see physical therapy patients who have a chronic pain condition, have movement problems, or are experiencing pain or mobility concerns that come with advanced age.
When you partner with your physical therapist to develop and execute a physical therapy plan, physical therapy has significant benefits to your health. When used correctly and optimized by following all of your physical therapist’s recommendations, like regularly doing exercises, changing your diet, and other lifestyle modifications, physical therapy has significant benefits to your health. To enjoy the benefits of physical therapy, be sure to follow all of your physical therapist’s recommendations.
By participating in physical therapy, you can experience:
- Pain management: a reduced need for controlled substances like opioids
- Mobility: improved mobility and increased range of motion
- Recovery: a stronger, swifter recovery from injury, trauma, surgery, etc.
- Avoiding surgery: with physical therapy, you may be able to avoid surgery or additional surgeries
- Fall prevention: a reduced risk of falling
- Improved balance: increase your strength and stability
- Improved quality of life: especially in advanced age or if living with a disability
- Financial savings: reduce medical costs associated with surgeries and other medical treatments
- Improved overall physical health
Receiving Physical Therapy
Physical therapy treatment is individualized, and the course of treatment for each person is based on your personal desires and goals. Your physical therapist will come up with a plan and suggest treatments based on a multitude of factors specific to your diagnosis and condition. When you decide to seek South County, MO physical therapy treatment, there are several things your physical therapist will do for you. They will:
- Examine and evaluate: In your first appointment, your physical therapist will ask you questions and conduct a physical exam. This allows them to get a sense of your current condition and your needs. For the physical exam, your therapist will might observe evaluate your mobility, your range of motion, posture, and strength. Also, your physical therapist will use hands-on evaluation techniques, and ask you questions about your goals in physical therapy and activities that you’d like to return to.
- Diagnose and plan: After your physical therapist has a good sense of your injury or condition, they will share and discuss your diagnosis and prognosis for recovery. They will share a proposed plan of care with you and set both short-term goals and long term goals.
- Treat: Treatment will vary based on your condition and health status and will be designed by your physical therapist based on the evaluation they conduct. In South County, MO physical therapy, treatment can include hands-on mobilization, exercises, functional activities, and passive treatments like heat or ice. As you improve, your treatment plan will be modified and advanced to ensure maximum recovery.
- Recommend and Communicate: You are an active participant in your recovery to determine what exercises you will complete at home, make modifications to activities that you aren’t comfortable with, and get answers to your questions as they come up. We will work closely with your physician to track your progress in therapy and understand what actions to take.
St. Louis Area Physical Therapy | Axes Physical Therapy
Whether you sprained your ankle playing basketball, injured your back working in the yard, or you’re recovering from a work-related injury, physical therapy can get you back to the activities you love, improving your quality of life. To begin your recovery today, receive physical therapy from Axes Physical Therapy – the South County, MO physical therapists you can trust and count on. Our facilities are locally owned and operated by skilled physical therapists and occupational therapists who are leaders in their fields. Our number one goal is to use our expertise in physical therapy to get you moving better and experiencing less pain. Discover what South County, MO physical therapy can do for you by contacting us or requesting an appointment today.