Farmington, MO Physical Therapy
You’ve suffered an injury, are recovering from surgery, or have been living with chronic back pain or joint stiffness for far too long. You need help regaining mobility and extinguishing the pain. Physical therapy in Farmington, MO might be the best solution for you. Physical therapy is the medical profession focused on improving body function and movement, managing pain, and preventing further injury and disability. You will work with a licensed medical professional called a physical therapist, who will give you a combination of exercises, hands-on treatment, and education that will make your life easier and more comfortable and help you return to the activities you used to do. Quality physical therapy administered at the right time can be the difference between a lifetime of pain and restricted mobility or a swift and strong recovery.
For top Farmington, MO physical therapy services, come to Axes Physical Therapy. Our team of highly qualified, licensed physical and occupational therapists, along with our amazing office staff, provide a physical therapy experience centered around each patient. With most of our therapists having more than 15 years of experience, Axes Physical Therapy is able to provide informed care based on our knowledge, compassion, and professionalism. Contact us today to learn about Axes Physical Therapy, our qualifications, and how we can lead you to a life of comfort, strength, and mobility. Or request an appointment now to get started right away.
Physical Therapy Uses
Physical therapy is a highly effective tool in managing your physical health and mobility. Physical therapy helps with everything from treating injuries and disabilities, recovering from surgery and trauma, and improving mobility and physical functioning. Anyone can benefit from physical therapy in Farmington. Whether you’re an athlete, a grandparent or have been injured at work, physical therapy can benefit you and help you return to the activities you love.
We see patients for many different reasons who have many different goals. Some seek physical therapy to treat an acute injury. Farmington, MO physical therapy can help you after you’ve been in an accident and get hurt at work, during exercise, while playing a sport, or any other time. Physical therapy is also beneficial to individuals with chronic pain and mobility restrictions or to those who experience age-related pain and mobility concerns.
When you work together with your physical therapist to develop a plan to achieve your goals, your health will be positively impacted. By making lifestyle modifications, exercising regularly, and even modifying your diet, physical therapy at Axes Physical Therapy can become an important part of your recovery and overall health journey.
By participating in physical therapy, you can experience:
- Pain management: a reduced need for controlled substances like opioids
- Mobility: improved mobility and increased range of motion
- Recovery: a stronger, swifter recovery from injury, trauma, surgery, etc.
- Avoiding surgery: with physical therapy, you may be able to avoid surgery or additional surgeries
- Fall prevention: a reduced risk of falling
- Improved balance: increase your strength and stability
- Improved quality of life: especially in advanced age or if living with a disability
- Financial savings: reduce medical costs associated with surgeries and other medical treatments
- Improved overall physical health
Receiving Physical Therapy
The focus and course of treatment in physical therapy are unique and personalized to you and your goals. Your physical therapist will come up with a plan and suggest treatments based on a multitude of factors specific to your diagnosis and condition. When you decide to seek Farmington, MO physical therapy treatment, there are several things your physical therapist will do for you. They will:
- Examine and evaluate: The first time you see your physical therapist, they need to get a sense of your current condition. This will include a physical exam in addition to an individual consultation. For the physical exam, your therapist will might observe evaluate your mobility, your range of motion, posture, and strength. Also, your physical therapist will use hands-on evaluation techniques and ask you questions about your goals in physical therapy and activities that you’d like to return to.
- Diagnose and plan: After your physical therapist has a good sense of your injury or condition, they will share and discuss your diagnosis and prognosis for recovery. They will share a proposed plan of care with you and set both short-term goals and long-term goals.
- Treat: Treatment will vary based on your condition and health status and will be designed by your physical therapist based on the evaluation they conduct. In Farmington, MO physical therapy, treatment can include hands-on mobilization, exercises, functional activities, and passive treatments like heat or ice. As you make progress, your treatment plan will be modified and advanced to ensure maximum recovery.
- Recommend and Communicate: You will work with closely with your therapist to determine what exercises you will complete at home, make changes to activities that you aren’t comfortable with, and get answers to your questions as they come up. We will work closely with your primary care doctor to track your progress in therapy and understand what actions to take.
St. Louis Area Physical Therapy | Axes Physical Therapy
Whether you sprained your ankle playing basketball, injured your back working in the yard, or you’re recovering from a work-related injury, physical therapy can get you back to the activities you love, improving your quality of life. To begin your recovery today, receive physical therapy from Axes Physical Therapy – the Farmington, MO physical therapists you can trust and count on. Our facilities are locally owned and operated by skilled physical therapists and occupational therapists who are leaders in their fields. Our number one goal is to use our expertise in physical therapy to get you moving better and experiencing less pain. Discover what Farmington, MO physical therapy can do for you by contacting us or requesting an appointment today.