Grantwood Village, MO Physical Therapy
Have you been recently injured or recently had surgery? Have you been living with joint pain and stiffness for years? You deserve to live in comfort and independence. Physical therapy in Grantwood Village, MO might be the best solution for you. Physical therapy is the medical profession focused on improving body function and movement, managing pain, and preventing further injury and disability. Physical therapists are licensed medical professionals who, following a thorough evaluation and assessment of your condition, will prescribe exercises, conduct hands-on treatment, and provide education to their patients, improving the quality of life for many people. A proven physical therapy regimen prescribed by a qualified physical therapist can make a world of difference in advancing your recovery and restoring you body to its maximum abilities.
Axes Physical Therapy is a leading Grantwood Village, MO physical therapy provider. Our team of highly qualified, licensed physical and occupational therapists, along with our amazing office staff, provide a physical therapy experience centered around each patient. With most of our therapists having more than 15 years of experience, Axes Physical Therapy is able to provide informed care based on our knowledge, compassion, and professionalism. Contact us today to learn about Axes Physical Therapy, our qualifications, and how we can lead you to a life of comfort, strength, and mobility. Or request an appointment now to get started right away.
Physical Therapy Uses
Physical therapy is integral to achieving the mobility, strength, and stability you seek. Physical therapy helps with everything from treating injuries and disabilities, recovering from surgery and trauma, and improving mobility and physical functioning. Anyone can benefit from physical therapy in Grantwood Village. We treat all kinds of people of all ages and levels of physical ability.
We see patients for many different reasons who have many different goals. Some seek physical therapy to treat an acute injury. When you’ve been in an accident and suffer an injury while working, playing a sport, working out, or doing other strenuous physical activity, you may benefit from Grantwood Village, MO physical therapy. Physical therapy is also beneficial to individuals with chronic pain and mobility restrictions or to those who experience age-related pain and mobility concerns.
When you partner with your physical therapist to develop and execute a physical therapy plan, physical therapy has significant benefits to your health. By making lifestyle modifications, exercising regularly, and even modifying your diet, physical therapy at Axes Physical Therapy can become an important part of your recovery and overall health journey.
Physical therapy can help with:
- Pain management: a reduced need for controlled substances like opioids
- Mobility: improved mobility and increased range of motion
- Recovery: a stronger, swifter recovery from injury, trauma, surgery, etc.
- Avoiding surgery: with physical therapy, you may be able to avoid surgery or additional surgeries
- Fall prevention: a reduced risk of falling
- Improved balance: increase your strength and stability
- Improved quality of life: especially in advanced age or if living with a disability
- Financial savings: reduce medical costs associated with surgeries and other medical treatments
- Improved overall physical health
Receiving Physical Therapy
The focus and course of treatment in physical therapy are unique and personalized to you and your goals. Your physical therapist will take into account your goals and their diagnosis of your condition to formulate the best treatment plan for you. When you decide to seek Grantwood Village, MO physical therapy treatment, there are several things your physical therapist will do for you. They will:
- Examine and evaluate: In your first appointment, your physical therapist will ask you questions and conduct a physical exam. This allows them to get a sense of your current condition and your needs. For the physical exam, your therapist will might observe evaluate your mobility, your range of motion, posture, and strength. Also, your physical therapist will use hands-on evaluation techniques and ask you questions about your goals in physical therapy and activities that you’d like to return to.
- Diagnose and plan: After your physical therapist has a good sense of your injury or condition, they will share and discuss your diagnosis and prognosis for recovery. They will share a proposed plan of care with you and set both short-term goals and long-term goals.
- Treat: Treatment will vary based on your condition and health status and will be designed by your physical therapist based on the evaluation they conduct. In Grantwood Village, MO physical therapy, treatment can include hands-on mobilization, exercises, functional activities, and passive treatments like heat or ice. As you improve, your treatment plan will be modified and advanced to ensure maximum recovery.
- Recommend and Communicate: You will work with closely with your therapist to determine what exercises you will complete at home, make changes to activities that are causing pain, and get answers to your questions as they come up. We will work closely with your physician to determine the appropriate course of care based on your level of progression in therapy.
St. Louis Area Physical Therapy | Axes Physical Therapy
Whether you sprained your ankle playing basketball, injured your back working in the yard, or you’re recovering from a work-related injury, physical therapy can get you back to the activities you love, improving your quality of life. To begin your recovery today, receive physical therapy from Axes Physical Therapy – the Grantwood Village, MO physical therapists you can trust and count on. We have several locations, all locally owned and operated by physical therapists and occupational therapists that lead their industry. Our number one goal is to use our expertise in physical therapy to get you moving better and experiencing less pain. Discover what Grantwood Village, MO physical therapy can do for you by contacting us or requesting an appointment today.