Sappington, MO Physical Therapy
Have you been recently injured or recently had surgery? Have you been living with joint pain and stiffness for years? You deserve to live in comfort and independence. Physical therapy in Sappington, MO might be the best solution for you. Physical therapy is the medical profession focused on improving body function and movement, managing pain, and preventing further injury and disability. Physical therapists are licensed medical professionals who, following a thorough evaluation and assessment of your condition, will prescribe exercises, conduct hands-on treatment, and provide education to their patients, improving the quality of life for many people. A proven physical therapy regimen prescribed by a qualified physical therapist can make a world of difference in advancing your recovery and restoring you body to its maximum abilities.
Axes Physical Therapy is a leading Sappington, MO physical therapy provider. Axes Physical Therapy is made up of a team of licensed physical therapists and occupational therapists, each averaging more than 15 years of individual experience. Together with the help of our incredible support staff, we form a team that is knowledgeable, compassionate, and professional. We deliver patient-centered, informed care for every patient. To learn more about the Sappington, MO physical therapy services we provide and to begin your recovery, contact us or schedule an appointment today.
Physical Therapy Uses
Physical therapy is integral to achieving the mobility, strength, and stability you seek. Physical therapy helps with everything from treating injuries and disabilities, recovering from surgery and trauma, and improving mobility and physical functioning. You do not have to be a professional athlete to benefit from physical therapy in Sappington. We treat all kinds of people of all ages and levels of physical ability.
We see patients for many different reasons who have many different goals. One use for physical therapy is in the treatment of acute injuries. When you’ve been in an accident and suffer an injury while working, playing a sport, working out, or doing other strenuous physical activity, you may benefit from Sappington, MO physical therapy. We also see physical therapy patients who have a chronic pain condition, have movement problems, or are experiencing pain or mobility concerns that come with advanced age.
When you work together with your physical therapist to develop a plan to achieve your goals, your health will be positively impacted. When used correctly and optimized by following all of your physical therapist’s recommendations, like regularly doing exercises, changing your diet, and other lifestyle modifications, physical therapy has significant benefits to your health. To enjoy the benefits of physical therapy, be sure to follow all of your physical therapist’s recommendations.
Physical therapy can help with:
- Pain management: a reduced need for controlled substances like opioids
- Mobility: improved mobility and increased range of motion
- Recovery: a stronger, swifter recovery from injury, trauma, surgery, etc.
- Avoiding surgery: with physical therapy, you may be able to avoid surgery or additional surgeries
- Fall prevention: a reduced risk of falling
- Improved balance: increase your strength and stability
- Improved quality of life: especially in advanced age or if living with a disability
- Financial savings: reduce medical costs associated with surgeries and other medical treatments
- Improved overall physical health
Receiving Physical Therapy
The focus and course of treatment in physical therapy are unique and personalized to you and your goals. Your physical therapist will come up with a plan and suggest treatments based on a multitude of factors specific to your diagnosis and condition. When you decide to seek Sappington, MO physical therapy treatment, there are several things your physical therapist will do for you. They will:
- Examine and evaluate: In your first appointment, your physical therapist will ask you questions and conduct a physical exam. This allows them to get a sense of your current condition and your needs. For the physical exam, your therapist will might observe evaluate your mobility, your range of motion, posture, and strength. Also, your physical therapist will use hands-on evaluation techniques and ask you questions about your goals in physical therapy and activities that you’d like to return to.
- Diagnose and plan: After your physical therapist has a good sense of your injury or condition, they will share and discuss your diagnosis and prognosis for recovery. They will share a proposed plan of care with you and set both short-term goals and long-term goals.
- Treat: Treatment will vary based on your condition and health status and will be designed by your physical therapist based on the evaluation they conduct. This stage of Sappington, MO physical therapy varies widely from person to person based on their abilities and needs. You can expect a wide range of treatments which can include hands-on mobilization, stretches and exercises, functional activities, and passive treatments such as applying heat or ice. As you improve, your treatment plan will be modified and advanced to ensure maximum recovery.
- Recommend and Communicate: You will work with closely with your therapist to determine what exercises you will complete at home, make changes to activities that you aren’t comfortable with, and get answers to your questions as they come up. We will work closely with your physician to track your progress in therapy and understand what actions to take.
St. Louis Area Physical Therapy | Axes Physical Therapy
Physical therapy can be used to return you to the activities you love to do and improve your quality of life whether you tore your ACL playing soccer, got hurt doing housework, or have been injured on the job. To begin your recovery today, receive physical therapy from Axes Physical Therapy – the Sappington, MO physical therapists you can trust and count on. We have several locations, all locally owned and operated by physical therapists and occupational therapists that lead their industry. Our number one goal is to use our expertise in physical therapy to get you moving better and experiencing less pain. Discover what Sappington, MO physical therapy can do for you by contacting us or requesting an appointment today.