Catawissa, MO Physical Therapy
Have you been recently injured or recently had surgery? Have you been living with joint pain and stiffness for years? You deserve to live in comfort and independence. Physical therapy in Catawissa, MO might be the best solution for you. Physical therapy is the medical profession focused on improving body function and movement, managing pain, and preventing further injury and disability. Quality physical therapy administered at the right time by physical therapists who are licensed medical professionals can be the difference between a lifetime of pain and restricted mobility or a swift and strong recovery.
Axes Physical Therapy is a leading Catawissa, MO physical therapy provider. Our team of highly qualified, licensed physical and occupational therapists, along with our amazing office staff, provide a personalized physical therapy experience centered around each patient. With most of our therapists working with more than 15 years of experience, Axes Physical Therapy is able to provide top-quality informed care based on our knowledge, compassion, and professionalism. Contact us today to learn about Axes Physical Therapy, our qualifications, and how we can lead you to a life of comfort, strength, and mobility. Or request an appointment now to get started right away.
Physical Therapy Uses
Physical therapy is a highly effective tool in managing your physical health and mobility. It can successfully treat a range of injuries and disabilities, assist in recovery, improve mobility, and reduce pain. You do not have to be a professional athlete to benefit from physical therapy in Catawissa. Whether you’re an athlete, a grandparent, or have been injured at work or in an accident, physical therapy can benefit you and help you return to the activities you love.
Our patients seek us with unique goals and desires. Physical therapy is used in the treatment of acute injuries, chronic pain conditions, mobility issues, and advanced age-related concerns. When you’ve been in an accident and suffer an injury while working, playing a sport, working out, or doing other strenuous physical activity, you may benefit from Catawissa, MO physical therapy. If you have residual pain as a side effect of another health condition, have been diagnosed with a chronic condition, or are experiencing difficulties as you advance in your years, Axes Physical Therapy will help restore you to comfort and mobility.
When you partner with your physical therapist to develop and execute a physical therapy plan, physical therapy has significant benefits to your health. By making lifestyle modifications, exercising regularly, and even modifying your diet, physical therapy at Axes Physical Therapy can become an important part of your recovery and overall health journey.
By participating in physical therapy, you can experience:
- Pain management: a reduced need for controlled substances like opioids
- Mobility: improved mobility and increased range of motion
- Recovery: a stronger, swifter recovery from injury, trauma, surgery, etc.
- Avoiding surgery: with physical therapy, you may be able to avoid surgery or additional surgeries
- Fall prevention: a reduced risk of falling
- Improved balance: increase your strength and stability
- Improved quality of life: especially in advanced age or if living with a disability
- Financial savings: reduce medical costs associated with surgeries and other medical treatments
- Improved overall physical health
Receiving Physical Therapy
Physical therapy treatment is individualized, and the course of treatment for each person is based on your personal desires and goals. Your physical therapist will come up with a plan and suggest treatments based on a multitude of factors specific to your diagnosis and condition. When you decide to seek Catawissa, MO physical therapy treatment, your treatment will be made up of several components. Your physical therapy treatment will include:
- Examination and evaluation: The first time you see your physical therapist, they need to get a sense of your current condition. This will include a physical exam in addition to an individual consultation. For the physical exam, your therapist will might observe evaluate your mobility, your range of motion, posture, and strength. Also, your physical therapist will use hands-on evaluation techniques and ask you questions about your goals in physical therapy and activities that you’d like to return to.
- Diagnosis and Plan: Next, your physical therapist will talk with you about their assessment. They will propose a plan of care based on their diagnosis of your condition and will work with you to set short-term and long-term goals.
- Treatment: Treatment will vary based on your condition and health status and will be designed by your physical therapist based on the evaluation they conduct. In Catawissa, MO physical therapy, treatment can include hands-on mobilization, exercises, functional activities, and passive treatments like heat or ice. As you improve, your treatment plan will be modified and advanced to ensure maximum recovery.
- Recommendations and Communication: You are an active participant in your recovery to determine what exercises you will complete at home, make changes to activities that are causing pain, and get answers to your questions as they come up. We will work closely with your physician to determine the appropriate course of care based on your level of progression in therapy.
St. Louis Area Physical Therapy | Axes Physical Therapy
Physical therapy can be used to return you to the activities you love to do and improve your quality of life whether you tore your ACL playing soccer, got hurt doing housework, or have been injured on the job. To begin your recovery today, receive physical therapy from Axes Physical Therapy – the Catawissa, MO physical therapists you can trust and count on. We have several locations, all locally owned and operated by physical therapists and occupational therapists that lead their industry. Our number one goal is to use our expertise in physical therapy to get you moving better and experiencing less pain. Discover what Catawissa, MO physical therapy can do for you by contacting us or requesting an appointment today.