Pain Management Affton, MO. If you are living with debilitating pain, you are not alone. When chronic pain impedes you from being is getting in the way of your ability to enjoy life or do the activities you want to do, you need an effective pain management plan.
Axes Physical Therapy is led by a team of top Affton, MO movement experts with years of clinical experience connecting patients to freedom from pain. We are able to treat pain effectively by tailoring our care to each individual patient, based upon their needs, goals, condition, and lifestyle. Your Affton, MO pain management physical therapist employs their clinical experience and the most current empirical findings and techniques to create a perfect pain management plan for you.
Contact Axes as soon as possible or make an appointment online to move toward a pain-free life. Visit any of our physical therapist-locally owned and operated facilitieslocations in the St. Louis metro area and around Eastern Missouri for accessible pain management from leading Affton, MO movement experts.
Pain Management: Prevalence
Pain is a major problem affecting people of all shapes and sizes throughout the country, the world, and Affton, MO. If you are in Affton, MO suffering from chronic pain, you are in good company.
Axes Physical Therapy has a team of Affton, MO physical and occupational therapists who treat pain patients every day. Our pain management doctors and therapists know all too well how pervasive pain is, but fortunately we have the skill required to eliminate your pain, as we have done for countless others.
How Does Pain Affect our Community?
- Patients with chronic pain spend more than $560 billion every year in medical care, lost income, and additional expenses and losses. The true cost is likely much hire, with estimates from the National Institutes of Health putting the figure as high as $635 billion per year.
- On any given day, around 50 million American adults are living with pain.
- Over 20% of adults live with chronic pain and 7.4% have debilitating chronic pain that impedes their daily activities.
- Of those living with chronic pain conditions, 89% of them have been actively feeling pain for at least one year.
- Pain is responsible for some of the most missed work, adding up to $61.2 billion a year in the United States just in lost productivity. Of that number, 76.6% can be attributed to decreased output of workers who report to work when experiencing pain, not work absences related to pain.
All this is to say that Axes Physical Therapy takes Affton, MO pain management seriously. We respect the gravity of this public health threat and have years of experience formulating and administering therapies and treatments to free our patients from pain.
Proper, empirically supported, results-driven pain management is critical for adults in the Affton, MO area and all over the country. Our qualified team of Affton, MO physical and occupational therapists is committed to providing care to provide every one our our patients freedom to move and relief from pain. Trust your Affton, MO pain management needs to the experts at Axes Physical Therapy.
Pain Management Affton, MO: Getting to Know Your Pain
We experience the sensation of pain when our peripheral nervous system communicates information from the receptors throughout the body to the brain. Understanding how your pain functions can help your Affton, MO pain management physical therapy team treat the source of your pain and return you to optimal movement health.
As someone living with pain and a perspective pain management patient, it helps to learn about pain as a general topic and the type of pain you are experiencing. Pain is generally described as either acute or chronic.
- Acute pain: limited in duration, most often due to actual tissue injury or damage
- Chronic pain: persistent pain, more likely tied to explanations other than tissue injury or damage such as chronic inflammation, changes in nerve sensitivity, strong emotions, prior traumatic injury, and changes that occur in the brain
Symptoms of acute pain include:
- pain that does not last more than 3 months
- the sensation of pain is local to the injured area
- injury site swelling, warmth, and redness
- tied to an injury or specific physical trauma
- pain that worsens when agitated, and decreased pain when the factor causing the pain is removed; if you have a knee injury, you may experience worsened pain when shifting weight onto that leg, but feel some relief when you remove the weight from that leg with crutches or when elevating it
Some of the most common symptoms of chronic pain are:
- pain that lasts beyond 3 months
- not directly or immediately attributed to an injury
- widespread pain
- unpredictable degrees of pain that cannot be explained by a specific motion or activity
- hypersensitivity to even minor pain triggers
- may be accompanied by mental health concerns like depression, fear, or anxiety
If you were recently injured and are experiencing acute pain, speak with our Affton, MO physical therapists about treating your injury to swiftly alleviate your pain and address your injury, helping you heal correctly to avoid chronic pain issues in the future.
Life with chronic pain can feel hopeless. When you work with Axes Physical Therapy, our Affton, MO pain management professionals will determine and perform the most promising Affton, MO pain management solutions for you so that you can return to your beloved everyday activities without debilitating and unpredictable pain.
It is important to select to work with a provider you trust for your pain management care in Affton, MO. Axes Physical Therapy understands that time is of the essence in working toward eliminating pain. Contact us today to discuss your Affton, MO pain management options with a pain specialist.
Affton, MO Physical Therapy for Pain Management
Living with pain is limiting, sometimes even debilitating. Pain affects us psychologically as much as it does physically. It is easy to feel desperate or hopeless when you have lived with chronic pain for years or what feels like an eternity. Our physical and occupational therapists give you hope and remain dedicated to your complete recovery and return to life as you want it to be. As a Affton, MO pain management solution, physical therapy addresses the underlying cause of your pain and help you cope with the psychological experience of pain episodes.
The medical community recommends physical therapy as one of the top treatments for patients living with pain. Physical therapy is an data-driven approach to the body and movement and draws upon the mastery of kinesiology and the musculoskeletal system. As the American Physical Therapy Association puts it, physical therapists are movement experts who work to elevate quality of life by prescribing exercise, administering hands-on care, and providing patient education. Axes’ Affton, MO physical and occupational therapists are passionate about getting patients back to the activities they love and eliminating pain by treating the patient holistically. Trust us to give you meaningful relief from pain.
In addition to pain management, our Affton, MO physical and occupational therapists offer:
- Shoulder Pain
- Injury Prevention
- Knee Injury
- Joint Pain
- Dry Needling
- ACL Tear
- Rotator Cuff Tear
We can help you manage your pain by providing physical therapy modalities that do the following:
- Reduce tightness and inflammation
- Reinforce muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Restore balance to the body
- Extend range of motion
- Break down scar tissue
- Improve overall functioning
Pain Management Treatment Methods in Affton, MO
Our Affton, MO physical therapists are seasoned experts in a number of various specialized treatments. You will work with your own personal pain management physical therapist who will design the right treatment plan for you. Some of the treatment methods we might employ are:
- Manual therapy
- Exercise and movement
- Graded exposure
- Heat/Cold applications
- Trigger point dry needling
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulator (TENS)
- Massage therapy
We cannot provide meaningful pain management unless we understand your experience. In order to design the safest and most effective treatment, before beginning treatment your physical therapist will conduct a comprehensive evaluation, investigate your medical history, and perform a physical exam.
You hold the key of getting an accurate picture of your condition. When you see a physical therapist near Affton, MO for a pain management evaluation, be honest and offer as much information as possible. Your physical therapist may ask you questions like:
- How long have you had pain?
- How did it start?
- Where is the pain located?
- When do you experience the pain?
- What types of activities bring it on?
- How long does it take for it to go away?
- What does the pain “feel” like?
- What can make the pain feel better (lessen)?
- On a scale of 0 to 10, can you rate how much pain you are currently experiencing?
- What do you think is causing the pain?
- What is your past medical history?
Pain Management Near You in Affton, MO
When you are dealing with pain, you must have a trusted medical expert on your side who understands your condition and can provide you with the pain management solutions you need. Axes Physical Therapy is a Missouri network of locally owned and operated facilities led by the best area physical and occupational therapists in their respective specialties.
Trust a pain management professional at Axes Physical Therapy near Affton, MO for a customized pain management plan based on proven treatment methods. Call us today or find the Axes location that is most convenient for you.