Pain Management Arcadia, MO. If you are living with debilitating pain, you are not alone. When chronic pain impedes you from being is getting in the way of your ability to enjoy life or do the activities you want to do, you need an effective pain management solution.
Axes Physical Therapy is led by a team of top Arcadia, MO movement experts with years of clinical experience guiding patients to meaningful pain relief. We are able to address pain effectively by fitting our care to each individual patient, taking into account everything about their health and needs. Your Arcadia, MO pain management physical therapist draws from their clinical experience and the most current data and industry practices to put together the right pain management plan for you.
Contact Axes now or make an appointment online to get started on your journey to freedom from pain. Visit one of our physical therapist-locally owned and operated facilitieslocations in the St. Louis metro area and around Eastern Missouri for accessible pain management from leading Arcadia, MO movement experts.
Pain Management: How Common is Pain?
Pain affects many, many people of all shapes and sizes in Arcadia, MO and across the country. As a sufferer of chronic pain in Arcadia, MO, you are not alone.
Axes Physical Therapy has a team of Arcadia, MO physical and occupational therapists who treat pain patients every day. Our pain management doctors and therapists know all too well how wide-spread pain is, but fortunately we have the skill required to eliminate your pain, as we have done for countless others.
How Does Pain Affect our Community?
- Patients with chronic pain lose over $560 billion every year in medical treatment, reduced earnings, and other expenses and losses. The true cost is likely much hire, with calculations from the National Institutes of Health putting the figure as high as $635 billion per year.
- In a single day, around 50 million American adults are living with pain.
- According to the CDC, over 20% of adults suffer from chronic pain and 7.4% suffer from chronic pain that interferes with their daily life and causes disfunction.
- Of those living with chronic pain conditions, 89% of them have been actively feeling pain for at least one year.
- Pain is responsible for some of the most missed work, costing $61.2 billion a year in the United States just in lost productivity. 76.6% of that loss can be attributed to decreased productivity of workers who report to work when experiencing pain, rather than work absences related to pain.
All this is to say that Axes Physical Therapy takes Arcadia, MO pain management seriously. We respect the magnitude of the problem and possess years of experience designing and administering therapies and treatments that manage or eliminate pain in our patients.
Proper, empirically supported, results-driven pain management is imperative for adults in the Arcadia, MO area and all over the country. Our qualified team of Arcadia, MO movement experts is committed to providing care to provide every one our our patients freedom to move and relief from pain. Turn to the Arcadia, MO pain management experts at Axes Physical Therapy.
Pain Management Arcadia, MO: Getting to Know Your Pain
Pain is a sensation we experience when our peripheral nervous system sends signals from the receptors that extend out through the body to the brain. Understanding how your pain functions can help your Arcadia, MO pain management physical therapy team target the source of your pain and allow you to regain optimal movement health.
As someone living with pain and a perspective pain management patient, it is important to understand pain as a general topic and the type of pain you are experiencing. Pain is generally categorized as either acute or chronic.
- Acute pain: endures only for a limited amount of time, usually due to injury or damage to tissue in the body
- Chronic pain: long-term pain, more likely tied to explanations other than damage such as chronic inflammation, fluctuations in nerve sensitivity, mood and mental state, prior traumatic injury, and changes that occur in the brain
Symptoms of acute pain include:
- pain that does not last more than 3 months
- the sensation of pain is local to the injured area
- injury site swelling, warmth, and redness
- associated with an injury or specific physical trauma
- increased pain when agitated, and decreased pain when the factor causing the pain is removed; if you have an ankle injury, you may feel worsened pain when shifting weight onto that leg, but find that the pain is lessened or alleviated when you remove the weight from that leg with crutches or when elevating it
Chronic pain symptoms include:
- pain that lingers beyond 3 months
- not readily related to an injury
- pain throughout the body
- unpredictable severity of pain that cannot be explained by a specific action or behavior
- hypersensitivity to even minor pain triggers
- may be accompanied by psychological factors such as depression, fear, or anxiety
If you were recently injured and are experiencing acute pain, talk to our Arcadia, MO physical therapists about treating your injury to eliminate your pain quickly and heal correctly to avoid chronic pain issues in the future.
Life with chronic pain can feel hopeless. When you work with Axes Physical Therapy, our Arcadia, MO pain management professionals will determine and engage in the most promising Arcadia, MO pain management solutions for you so that you can return to the daily activities that are important to you without debilitating and unpredictable pain.
You need an effective pain management solution from someone you can trust in Arcadia, MO. At Axes Physical Therapy, we recognize how urgently you need treatment to target your pain. Contact us today to speak to a specialist expert near Arcadia, MO about your pain management options.
Arcadia, MO Physical Therapy for Pain Management
Living with pain is limiting, sometimes even debilitating. Pain affects us psychologically as much as it does physically. It is easy to feel desperate or hopeless when you have lived with chronic pain for years or what feels like an eternity. Our physical and occupational therapists’ job is to give you hope and remain dedicated to your complete recovery and return to life as you want it to be. As a Arcadia, MO pain management solution, physical therapy addresses the source of your pain and help you process the psychological experience of pain episodes.
Physical therapy is increasingly one of the first and best recommendations for individuals suffering from pain. Physical therapy is an data-driven practice of movement health, based on the principles of kinesiology and the musculoskeletal system. As the American Physical Therapy Association puts it, physical therapists are movement experts who work to elevate quality of life by prescribing exercise, administering hands-on care, and educating the patient. Axes’ Arcadia, MO physical and occupational therapists are passionate about getting patients back to the activities they love and eliminating pain by treating the patient holistically. Trust our team to give you meaningful relief from pain.
In addition to pain management, our Arcadia, MO physical and occupational therapists offer:
- Shoulder Pain
- Injury Prevention
- Knee Injury
- Joint Pain
- Dry Needling
- ACL Tear
- Rotator Cuff Tear
We can help you manage your pain though physical therapy treatment methods that do the following:
- Reduce tightness and inflammation
- Reinforce muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Restore balance to the body
- Improve range of motion
- Break down scar tissue
- Promote overall functioning
Pain Management Treatment Methods in Arcadia, MO
Our Arcadia, MO physical therapists are seasoned practitioners in a number of various treatment types and specialties. You will work with a dedicated physical therapist who will work closely with you on your custom pain management plan. Some of the treatment methods we might employ are:
- Manual therapy
- Exercise and movement
- Graded exposure
- Heat/Cold applications
- Trigger point dry needling
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulator (TENS)
- Massage therapy
You are a vital piece to your pain management outlook, as we need to truly understand your experience in order to give you the best pain management care. To design the safest and most effective treatment, your physical therapist will perform a comprehensive evaluation, investigate your medical history, and perform a physical exam.
You hold the key to giving your doctor an accurate picture of the condition you are dealing with. When you see a physical therapist near Arcadia, MO for a pain management evaluation, be honest and provide as much information as possible. Your physical therapist may ask you questions such as:
- How long have you had pain?
- How did it start?
- Where is the pain located?
- When do you experience the pain?
- What types of activities bring it on?
- How long does it take for it to go away?
- What does the pain “feel” like?
- What can make the pain feel better (lessen)?
- On a scale of 0 to 10, can you rate how much pain you are currently experiencing?
- What do you think is causing the pain?
- What is your past medical history?
Pain Management Near You in Arcadia, MO
When you are living with pain, you must have a trusted medical expert on your side who understands your condition and can administer the pain management solutions you need. Axes Physical Therapy is home to a vast network of physical and occupational therapists that are among the best in their respective specialties.
Trust a pain management professional at Axes Physical Therapy near Arcadia, MO for tailored pain management care based on proven treatment methods. Call us today or find the Axes location that is most convenient for you.