Pain Management All Saints Village, MO. Living with pain is not easy and, unfortunately, not uncommon. When chronic pain impedes you from being is getting in the way of your ability to enjoy life or do the activities you want to do, you need an effective pain management plan.
Axes Physical Therapy is led by a team of top All Saints Village, MO movement experts with years of experience successfully guiding patients to freedom from pain. We have the capability to address pain effectively by tailoring the treatment to each individual patient, considering their needs, goals, condition, and lifestyle. Your All Saints Village, MO pain management physical therapist employs their years of experience and the most up-to-date understanding and industry practices to create a perfect pain management plan for you.
Contact Axes as soon as possible or make an appointment online to move toward a life without pain. Visit one of our physical therapist-locally owned and operated facilitieslocations in the St. Louis metro area and around Eastern Missouri for accessible pain management from leading All Saints Village, MO movement experts.
Pain Management: How Common is Pain?
Pain is a prevalent problem affecting all kinds of people — large and small, young and old — in the United States and across the planet, and All Saints Village, MO is no different. As a sufferer of chronic pain in All Saints Village, MO, you are in good company.
Axes Physical Therapy has a team of All Saints Village, MO physical and occupational therapists who treat people who suffer from pain every day. Though the rate of individuals living with pain is inordinate, it comes as no surprise to our experienced pain management professionals.
Understanding the Pain Problem
- Chronic pain costs patients more than $560 billion every year in medical care, lost earnings, and other expenses. The true cost is likely much hire, with calculations from the National Institutes of Health putting the figure as high as $635 billion per year.
- In a single day, approximately 50 million adults in the United States suffer from pain.
- According to the CDC, over 20% of adults suffer from chronic pain and 7.4% suffer from chronic pain that interferes with their daily life and causes disfunction.
- Of those living with chronic pain, 89% have experienced the pain for at least one year.
- Pain is responsible for some of the most missed work, adding up to $61.2 billion a year in the United States just in lost productivity. Of that number, 76.6% can be attributed to decreased productivity of workers who report to work when experiencing pain, rather than work absences related to pain.
Our goal in pointing out these figures is to demonstrate that at Axes Physical Therapy, we take our All Saints Village, MO pain management duties seriously. We recognize the magnitude of the problem and have decades of experience designing and executing therapies and treatments that manage or eliminate pain in our patients.
Proper, empirically supported, results-driven pain management is critical for adults in the All Saints Village, MO area and all over the country. Our qualified team of All Saints Village, MO movement experts is committed to providing care to eliminate pain and optimize mobility for every patient who comes through our doors. Turn to the All Saints Village, MO pain management experts at Axes Physical Therapy.
Pain Management All Saints Village, MO: Getting to Know Your Pain
We experience the sensation of pain when our peripheral nervous system communicates information from the receptors that extend out through the body to the brain. Understanding the nature of your pain can help your All Saints Village, MO pain management physical therapy team target your pain at the source and allow you to regain peak movement health.
As someone living with pain and a perspective pain management patient, it helps to learn about pain as a general topic and the type of pain you are experiencing. Pain is usually described as either acute or chronic.
- Acute pain: limited in duration, most commonly a result of injury or damage to tissue in the body
- Chronic pain: enduring pain, more often tied to factors besides damage such as chronic inflammation, changes in nerve sensitivity, strong emotions, previous traumatic injury, and changes in the brain
Acute pain symptoms include:
- pain that lasts less than 3 months
- the sensation of pain is specific to the injured area
- accompanied by swelling, warmth, and redness
- arises from an injury or specific event
- pain that increases when agitated, and resolution of pain when the irritant is removed; for example, if you have an ankle injury, you may experience additional pain when putting pressure on that leg, but find that the pain is lessened or alleviated when you remove the weight from that leg with crutches or when elevating it
Chronic pain symptoms include:
- pain that continues for longer than 3 months
- not directly or immediately attributed to an injury
- widespread pain
- unpredictable severity of pain that cannot be explained by a specific activity or action
- pain sensitivity to even minor pain triggers
- may be accompanied by mental factors like depression, fear, or anxiety
If you have recently been injured and are suffering from acute pain, speak with our All Saints Village, MO physical therapists to discuss how we can swiftly alleviate your pain and address your injury, helping you heal properly to avoid chronic pain issues in the future.
If you suffer from chronic pain, it can feel like it will never end. When you work with Axes Physical Therapy, our All Saints Village, MO pain management professionals will determine and perform the most promising All Saints Village, MO pain management solutions for you so that you can return to your beloved everyday activities, free from pain.
It is important to select to work with a provider you trust for your pain management care in All Saints Village, MO. Axes Physical Therapy understands how urgently you need treatment to target your pain. Contact us today to speak to a specialist expert near All Saints Village, MO about your pain management options.
All Saints Village, MO Physical Therapy for Pain Management
Living with pain is limiting, often to the point of debilitating. Pain affects us psychologically as much as it does physically. Living with chronic pain can feel hopeless and overwhelming. Our physical and occupational therapists’ job is to give you hope and help you make a complete recovery and return to the life you want to live. As a All Saints Village, MO pain management solution, physical therapy addresses the source of your pain and, in the meantime, help you manage the psychological experience of pain episodes.
The medical community recommends physical therapy as one of the best treatments for patients suffering from pain. Physical therapy is an evidence-based practice of movement health and draws upon the knowledge of kinesiology and the musculoskeletal system. As the American Physical Therapy Association puts it, a physical therapist is a movement expert who elevates their patients’ quality of life by prescribing exercise, administering hands-on care, and providing patient education. Axes’ All Saints Village, MO physical and occupational therapists are passionate about getting patients back to the activities they love and eliminating pain by treating the patient holistically. Trust our team to give you meaningful relief from pain.
In addition to pain management, our All Saints Village, MO physical and occupational therapists offer:
- Shoulder Pain
- Injury Prevention
- Knee Injury
- Joint Pain
- Dry Needling
- ACL Tear
- Rotator Cuff Tear
We can help you manage your pain by providing physical therapy treatment methods that do the following:
- Reduce tightness and inflammation
- Strengthen muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Restore balance to the body
- Extend range of motion
- Break down scar tissue
- Promote overall functioning
Pain Management Treatment Methods in All Saints Village, MO
Our All Saints Village, MO physical therapists are seasoned experts in a number of different specialized treatments. You will be assigned your own personal pain management physical therapist who will design the right treatment plan for you. We may use:
- Manual therapy
- Exercise and movement
- Graded exposure
- Heat/Cold applications
- Trigger point dry needling
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulator (TENS)
- Massage therapy
We cannot provide meaningful pain management unless we understand your experience. In order to address your pain and provide the safest and most beneficial care, your physical therapist will perform a comprehensive evaluation, consult your medical history, and perform a physical exam.
You hold the key to giving your doctor an accurate picture of your condition. When you get a All Saints Village, MO pain management evaluation, be honest and offer as much information as possible. Your physical therapist may ask you questions such as:
- How long have you had pain?
- How did it start?
- Where is the pain located?
- When do you experience the pain?
- What types of activities bring it on?
- How long does it take for it to go away?
- What does the pain “feel” like?
- What can make the pain feel better (lessen)?
- On a scale of 0 to 10, can you rate how much pain you are currently experiencing?
- What do you think is causing the pain?
- What is your past medical history?
Pain Management Near You in All Saints Village, MO
When you are dealing with pain, you need a medical professional you trust who understands your condition and can administer the pain management solutions you need. Axes Physical Therapy is home to a vast network of physical and occupational therapists that are among the best in their respective specialties.
Trust a pain management professional at Axes Physical Therapy near All Saints Village, MO for a customized pain management plan based on proven treatment methods. Call us today or find the Axes location that is most convenient for you.