Pain Management Augusta, MO. If you are living with crippling pain, you are not alone. If chronic pain has become an obstacle from doing the activities you love, you need a sound pain management strategy.
Axes Physical Therapy’s team of Augusta, MO movement experts has years of clinical experience connecting patients to freedom from pain. We are able to effectively treat pain by tailoring the treatment to each individual patient, considering their needs, goals, condition, and lifestyle. At Axes Physical Therapy, your Augusta, MO pain management therapist employs their years of experience and the most up-to-date understanding and techniques to put together the right pain management plan for you.
Contact Axes as soon as possible or make an appointment online to begin on your journey to a life free from pain. Come to any of our independently owned and operated facilitieslocations throughout Greater St. Louis and Eastern Missouri for convenient and accessible pain management near Augusta, MO.
Pain Management: How Common is Pain?
Pain affects many, many people of all shapes and sizes throughout the country, the world, and Augusta, MO. If you are in Augusta, MO suffering from chronic pain, you are in good company.
The physical and occupational therapists of Axes Physical Therapy near Augusta, MO treat pain sufferers every day. Our pain management doctors and therapists know all too well how pervasive pain is, but fortunately we are equipped to eliminate your pain, as we have done for countless others.
How Does Pain Affect our Community?
- Chronic pain costs patients over $560 billion every year in medical costs, reduced income, and additional expenses and losses, with calculations from the National Institutes of Health putting the figure as high as $635 billion per year.
- On any given day, approximately 50 million American adults are living with pain.
- According to the CDC, over 20% of adults suffer from chronic pain and 7.4% have chronic pain that interferes with their daily life and causes disfunction.
- Of those living with chronic pain conditions, 89% have experienced the pain for at least one year.
- Pain is one of the leading causes of missed work, costing $61.2 billion a year in the United States in lost productivity alone. Of that number, 76.6% can be attributed to decreased productivity of workers who report to work when experiencing pain, not work absences related to pain.
All this is to say that Axes Physical Therapy takes Augusta, MO pain management seriously. We respect the gravity of this public health threat and have decades of experience designing and administering therapies and treatments that manage or eliminate pain in our patients.
Proper, empirically supported, results-driven pain management is imperative for adults in the Augusta, MO area and all over the country. The Axes Physical Therapy team of Augusta, MO physical and occupational therapists is committed to providing care to provide every one our our patients freedom to move and relief from pain. Turn to the Augusta, MO pain management experts at Axes Physical Therapy.
Pain Management Augusta, MO: Understanding Your Pain
Pain is a sensation we experience when our peripheral nervous system communicates information from the receptors throughout the body to the brain. Understanding the nature of your pain can help your Augusta, MO pain management physical therapy team treat the source of your pain and allow you to regain peak movement health.
If you suffer from pain and believe you might need professional pain management care, it is important to understand the topic of pain and the type of pain you are experiencing. Pain is generally categorized as either acute or chronic.
- Acute pain: limited in duration, most commonly due to injury or damage to tissue in the body
- Chronic pain: longer-lasting pain, more likely originated from factors besides tissue injury or damage such as chronic inflammation, nerve sensitivity changes, mental health issues, previous traumatic injury, and changes that occur in the brain
Symptoms of acute pain include:
- pain that does not last more than 3 months
- pain is located at the injury site
- injury site swelling, warmth, and redness
- arises from an injury or specific physical trauma
- pain that increases when agitated, and resolution of pain when the factor causing the pain is removed; for example, if you have an ankle injury, you may experience additional pain when shifting weight onto that leg, but feel some relief when you take your weight off of that leg, such as when sitting down or elevating it
Below is a list of common chronic pain symptoms:
- pain that lasts beyond 3 months
- not readily related to an injury
- widespread pain
- fluctuating degrees of pain that cannot be explained by a specific motion or activity
- pain sensitivity to even minor pain triggers
- may be accompanied by psychological health concerns like depression, fear, or anxiety
If you have recently been injured and are experiencing acute pain, talk to our Augusta, MO physical therapists about treating your injury to swiftly alleviate your pain and address your injury, helping you heal properly to protect against future chronic pain and complications.
Life with chronic pain can feel hopeless. When you work with Axes Physical Therapy, our Augusta, MO pain management professionals will determine and perform the most appropriate Augusta, MO pain management solutions that will return you to your beloved everyday activities, free from pain.
It is important to select an effective pain management solution from someone you can trust in Augusta, MO. At Axes Physical Therapy, we recognize how urgently you need treatment to target your pain. Contact us today to discuss your Augusta, MO pain management options with a pain specialist.
Augusta, MO Physical Therapy for Pain Management
Life with pain is limiting, sometimes even debilitating. Pain inflicts a psychological toll on us just as a physical one. Living with chronic pain can feel hopeless and overwhelming. Our physical and occupational therapists’ job is to give you hope and help you make a complete recovery and return to life as you want it to be. As a Augusta, MO pain management solution, physical therapy will target the source of your pain and help you process the psychological pain.
The medical community recommends physical therapy as one of the top treatments for patients suffering from pain. Physical therapy is an data-driven approach to the body and movement, based on the principles of kinesiology and the musculoskeletal system. As the American Physical Therapy Association puts it, a physical therapist is a movement expert who elevates their patients’ quality of life by prescribing exercise, administering hands-on care, and providing patient education. Axes’ Augusta, MO physical and occupational therapists are passionate about getting you back to the things you love to do and freeing you from pain by looking at the problem holistically. Trust us to give you meaningful relief from pain.
In addition to pain management, our Augusta, MO physical and occupational therapists offer:
- Shoulder Pain
- Injury Prevention
- Knee Injury
- Joint Pain
- Dry Needling
- ACL Tear
- Rotator Cuff Tear
We can help you manage your pain by providing physical therapy treatment methods that do the following:
- Minimize tightness and inflammation
- Strengthen muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Restore balance to the body
- Improve range of motion
- Break down scar tissue
- Improve overall functioning
Pain Management Treatment Methods in Augusta, MO
Our Augusta, MO physical therapists have extensive backgrounds in a wide range of treatment types and specialties. You will work with a dedicated pain management physical therapist who will design the right treatment plan for you. Some of the treatment methods we might employ are:
- Manual therapy
- Exercise and movement
- Graded exposure
- Heat/Cold applications
- Trigger point dry needling
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulator (TENS)
- Massage therapy
We cannot provide meaningful pain management unless we understand your experience. In order to design the safest and most effective treatment, your physical therapist will conduct a comprehensive evaluation, consult your medical history, and perform a physical exam.
You hold the key to giving your doctor an accurate picture of your condition. When you see a physical therapist near Augusta, MO for a pain management evaluation, be open and offer as much information as possible. Your physical therapist may ask you questions like:
- How long have you had pain?
- How did it start?
- Where is the pain located?
- When do you experience the pain?
- What types of activities bring it on?
- How long does it take for it to go away?
- What does the pain “feel” like?
- What can make the pain feel better (lessen)?
- On a scale of 0 to 10, can you rate how much pain you are currently experiencing?
- What do you think is causing the pain?
- What is your past medical history?
Pain Management Near You in Augusta, MO
When you are living with pain, you must have a medical professional you trust who understands your condition and has the tools and experience necessary to provide you with the pain management solutions you need. Axes Physical Therapy is home to a vast network of physical and occupational therapists that are among the best in their respective specialties.
Trust a pain management professional at Axes Physical Therapy near Augusta, MO for tailored pain management care based on proven treatment methods. Call us today or find the Axes location that is most convenient for you.