Spine Specialist Near Me in Hoene Spring, MO
Spine specialist near me in Hoene Spring, MO. Spine injuries can make everyday activities like laying down painful, and keep us from optimal movement health. For athletes, back injuries can keep you from being at the top of their game. For breadwinners, it can impede your ability to put food on the table for your Hoene Spring, MO family. For others, it can prevent us from going on bike ride or other physical activities. Physical therapists who specialize in the spine can help return to the functional and pain-free life you’re seeking. By developing a personalized treatment plan, based on techniques proven to work, Axes Physical Therapy can help you live your best life. If you’re prepared to at long last be free from debilitating back pain, schedule an appointment with an Axes Hoene Spring, MO spine specialist, or get in touch with the Axes location most convenient for you.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §334.506, a doctor needs to prescribe physical therapy. If you’re recovering from a back or neck injury, or are find that back pain is keeping you from the activities you love, consult with your physician about if physical therapy with a spine specialist in Hoene Spring, MO is what you need. In the meantime, visit one of our locations for one of Axes’ no-obligation injury screenings.
The Anatomy of the Spine
The spine supports both our physical bodies, and how our bodies communicate. It extends from the base of your brain to your tailbone. The spine is made up of:
The spine consists of 33 vertebrae, which are small bones that stack on top of each other to form the spinal canal. The spinal cord and nerves run through holes in the middle of each vertebra. The vertebrae are grouped into five regions. There are:
- 7 vertebrae in the cervical region (your neck)
- 12 vertebrae in the thoracic region (your middle back)
- 5 vertebrae in the lumbar region (your lower back)
- 5 vertebrae in the sacrum region (the triangle shaped bone that connects to the hips)
- 4 vertebrae in the coccyx region (your tailbone)
The 24 vertebrae in the first 3 regions provide mobility; the others are immobile.
Facet joints connect the vertebrae. They allow your back and neck to perform a variety of movements. They are lined with cartilage and lubricated with synovial fluid, allowing healthy bones and joints to safely glide and slide during movement.
Discs are the flat, round cushions between the vertebrae that absorb shock and prevent the vertebrae from grinding against each other. Every two vertebrae have one disc between them. Discs have a softer middle known as the nucleus pulposus, which gives them flexibility and allows them to absorb impact, and an outer ring of tough fibers called the annulus fibrosus that surrounds and protects the nucleus pulposus.
The spinal cord is a long, thin, tubular structure, extending from the brain to your lumbar region, where the nerves continue into your lower body. The spinal cord is protected by spinal fluid and a membrane called dura mater. The neural foramen are openings in the vertebrae where the nerves to go into other parts of the body. The spinal cord carries messages between our brain and other parts of our body.
The spine also has muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Ligaments connect bones together and holds them in the correct structure. Muscles are attached to bones by tendons, and power their movement.
Living the lifestyle we want depends on all of these parts working together and functioning properly. A variety of conditions can interfere with the spine and significantly limit your ability to enjoy the activities you love most. When that happens, a spine specialist in Hoene Spring, MO like Axes’ physical therapists can provide safe and effective relief.
What Conditions Can a Spine Specialist in Hoene Spring, MO Help With?
The American College of Physicians developed guidelines that include numerous physical therapy treatments for lower back pain and neck pain. Whether you’re living with chronic pain or recently suffered a work injury, Axes’ Hoene Spring, MO spine specialists can help get you feeling great again. Some of the common conditions we provide relief and improved function for in Hoene Spring, MO are:
- Disc Injuries — Herniated discs and bulging discs can be caused by either acute trauma or general degradation as we get older. They put pressure on a nerve which can cause severe pain along your neck and back and limit strength. Degenerative disc disease occurs as the cushioning in your spine wears away, and can have symptoms similar to herniated discs.
- Sciatica — Sciatica refers to a variety of conditions which irritate the sciatic nerve, which is our bodies’ longest nerves and originates in the lumbar region. It can cause to crippling pain, weakness, and tingling from your buttocks all the way down to your foot.
- Spinal Stenosis — Stenosis occurs when the vertebral column is too small. It can cause pain, balance problems, and loss of sensation in your hands or feet.
- Spinal Arthritis — Arthritis is the inflammation of the facet joints. It occurs as the cartilage between the joints degrades over time or from overuse. Obesity, autoimmune disorders, and other conditions can also lead to arthritis. There are over 100 types of arthritis, most of which are possible in the spine.
- Axial Back Pain — Also known as nonspecific back pain, this refers to pain that doesn’t have a known, recognizable cause. Axial back pain can be caused by obesity or poor posture.
Physical therapy is also an effective treatment option for muscle strains, whiplash, and other more acute injuries.
Whatever condition is currently ailing you, our Hoene Spring, MO spine specialists will work with you and your doctor to develop a treatment plan, based on proven strategies, and aimed at getting you back to the activities you love and a pain-free life. While some conditions, like degenerative disc disease, can’t be “cured,” physical therapy is an effective part of a holistic treatment plan that eases symptoms and regains optimal mobility.
If you need surgery on your spine, we can work with you in your pre- and post-surgical rehab in Hoene Spring, MO to help your surgery go as well as possible.
Benefits of Working With a Physical Therapy Spine Specialist in Hoene Spring, MO
More and more people are turning to physical therapy as a non-invasive treatment plan for a variety of issues affecting our musculoskeletal system. According to a study published By the American College of Physicians, physical therapy can get the same relief and results for some back pain as surgery, and doesn’t involve the same risk of complications. Early intervention by a licensed Hoene Spring, MO physical therapist has been demonstrated to reduce long-term opioid dependence.
A knowledgeable and experienced spine specialist will be able to determine what is causing your pain or other issues, and create a treatment plan based on your medical history, how old you are, and your desired activity level. Through numerous different exercises and techniques, physical therapy can limit symptoms, help your spine and nervous system function better, enhance flexibility.
Physical Therapy for Spine Problems
Depending on what is causing your back pain or other symptoms, your Hoene Spring, MO spine specialist at Axes may implement some of the following practices to help return you to what you love doing most:
- Manual Therapy — Our Hoene Spring, MO manual therapists are experts at using subtle pressures and stretches to alleviate symptoms and improve function due to spinal issues. Manual therapy we may include in your treatment plan include:
- Guided Exercise — Safe exercises are essential for getting your soft tissue, joints, and bones stronger and more flexible. Beyond limiting symptoms now, guided exercise will also help overall function and improve movement health. Effective exercises for spine conditions include:
- Core stabilization
- Postural retraining
- Cardio conditioning
- Strength training
- Home exercise
- Injury Prevention — There’s nothing worse than believing you’re moving on from an injury, only to suffer another injury in the future. We help you understand the musculoskeletal system and how yours is being affected, so you can learn how to be active safely. Our injury prevention program includes:
- Patient education
- Lifting education
- Activity modification
Your treatment plan in Hoene Spring, MO will be based not on just recovery or pain relief, but on getting you to optimal function and keeping you there. However we recommend treating your spine condition or back pain, it will designed based on proven techniques.
Other services we offer in Hoene Spring, MO include:
- Beginner Running Program
- Chronic Pain Treatment
- MCL Injury
- Shoulder Pain
- Injury Prevention
- Knee Injury
- Joint Pain
Count on Axes For Your Spine Specialist Near Me in Hoene Spring, MO
Don’t allow a spine condition prevent you from what you love doing most. At Axes, our Hoene Spring, MO spine specialists strive for positive patient outcomes. Your pain may not have been your choice, but you can choose to do something about it. For a professional and knowledgeable Hoene Spring, MO spine specialist to help you, request an appointment with Axes Physical Therapy now or find the location closest to you