Mobility in Hoene Spring, MO. Our bodies are built to to make walking and other movements easy. But sometimes, our mobility is impeded and it prevents us from our favorite activities, or even just being able to carry out or daily live comfortably. While that loss of physical mobility also have an impact on our emotional well-being, Axes Physical Therapy in Hoene Spring, MO offers solutions that have been proven to get results and that are tailored specifically to you and your needs. Whether your mobility is limited because of an injury, a chronic condition, or an impairment in your musculoskeletal skeleton such as sciatica, begin your journey to optimal mobility and a pain-free daily life as soon as possible by requesting a free evaluation with Axes today or calling the the one of our multiple locations nearest you.
The dictionary defines mobility as, “the ability to move… freely and easily.” For some of us that may mean picking up their grandchildren without pain, while others need to get back to serving an ace on the tennis court. Whatever you need to improve your movement health for, if can’t complete the activities you want to speak with your doctor about professional physical therapy and movement health services.
Functional Mobility in Hoene Spring, MO
Functional mobility refers to a person’s ability to complete daily tasks. This includes simple tasks such as rolling over in bed or bringing a cup of coffee to the living room and sitting on the couch. Fundamentally, there are three types of functional mobility:
- Bed mobility — Whether or not you are able to to scoot, roll, and get in and out of bed comfortably.
- Transfers — Whether or not you are able to switch between places, for example from one chair to another.
- Ambulation — If you can walk on your own while having objects in your hands.
If you cannot currently complete some or all of the activities above without the aid of a person or assistive device, the Hoene Spring, MO physical and occupational therapists at Axes are dedicated to getting your self-sufficiency back. Whether your currently limited functional mobility was caused by an ACL tear, arthritis or other joint pain, or even a degenerative condition like Parkinson’s disease, we’ll guide you through your journey to optimal movement health. Part of your treatment will likely be simple and safe strengthening, balance, and flexibility exercises. Our therapists are also specialists vestibular therapy for people who have a debilitating vestibular disorder.
Hoene Spring, MO physical therapists often utilize the Functional Independence Measure (FIM) of seven levels to assess someone’s functional mobility:
- Complete independence, meaning you can move in a certain way without assistance and in a relatively normal amount of time
- Modified independence, meaning you need a device such as a cane to complete the task
- Stand-by assist, meaning you can perform the movement independently but need someone close by so you don’t hurt yourself
- Minimal assistance, meaning you can do 75% or more while someone else does the rest
- Moderate assistance, meaning you can perform about half of the work needed
- Maximal assistance, meaning you can complete about 25% of the task without assistance
- Total assistance or not testable, meaning you can complete less than 25% of the task, or that even testing whether or not you can do it is not safe
At Axes Physical Therapy in Hoene Spring, MO, your personalized treatment plan may include gradually taking you from the first level to the highest level possible. All of our treatment plans are based on what research says can improve your mobility, and when you and your licensed physical therapist first meet, they will perform a thorough examination of your health to ensure that the treatment modalities we use are safe for someone suffering from the same ailment you are.
Beyond Functional Mobility in Hoene Spring, MO
Of course, many of us desire a higher level of movement health than just rolling over in bed comfortably. There are pickleball leagues to dominate, fun activities to share with your family, and the vocational tasks you need to perform every day so that you can provide for your Hoene Spring, MO family. At Axes, our occupational and physical therapists can help any athlete, worker, or family member achieve the activity level they desire. Our services also include:
- Occupational therapy — Our Hoene Spring, MO occupational therapists are an essential part of getting you back to work after a work-related injury. We team up with you and your physician, insurance carrier, workers’ compensation lawyer and employer so you can get back to contributing to our Hoene Spring, MO community and providing for your family the best way you can. Our advanced work rehabilitation includes Functional Capacity Evaluations to determine what activity level you can safely carry out.
- Sports therapy — Every athletes worst nightmare is a sudden pop or crack that keeps them inactive and limited for weeks, months, or longer. Our Hoene Spring, MO physical therapy team knows how to help those who are sidelined because of ACL tears, rotator cuff tears, and a variety of other injuries. Our Certified Athletic Trainers are big believers in teaching injury prevention to help you avoid re-injury.
- Pre/post surgical rehabilitation — Surgery and your recovery from it are delicate matters that make anyone nervous. Whether your surgery is a matter of choice or a strong recommendation from a physician, we’ll work with your physician and surgeons to form a complete surgical team to help you feel confident in your treatment, and formulate an effective strategy to restore optimal mobility.
Whatever the current level of mobility, and the level of movement health you desire, consult with your Hoene Spring, MO doctor about what physical therapy can do for you, or come see us for a no-risk, no-obligation injury screening from a qualified physical or occupational therapist.
How a Physical Therapist in Hoene Spring, MO Can Help Improve Your Mobility
The four tenets of mobility are our strength, flexibility, range of motion, and balance:
- Strength — While physical therapy can help rebuild muscle after an injury and slow the weakening of muscles as we age, it also helps to make sure no muscle is stronger or weaker than it should be in relation to the muscles around it. Surrounding our joints with healthy and equally strong muscles is essential in preventing injury and reaching optimal movement health.
- Flexibility and range of motion — To reach the movement health and lifestyle we desire, our muscles, tendons, and other soft tissue need to be able to lengthen so that the joints they control and protect can function properly.
- Balance — Balance issues are typically caused by:
A licensed physical therapist in Hoene Spring, MO will be able to identify the source of your mobility issues and come up with a safe and effective treatment plan to improve your movement health. In addition to therapeutic strength, flexibility, and core exercises, your treatment plan may also include:
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Kinesio Taping®
- Trigger point dry needling
- Blood flow restriction training
- Posture correction and teaching correct posture
If your doctor and therapy team agree, a physical therapist in Hoene Spring, MO can also create custom medically accepted assistive devices such as splints, braces, crutches, or canes in order to help you achieve the best possible mobility.
How Physical Therapy in Hoene Spring, MO Helps Beyond Mobility
Physical therapy does more than just increase strength and flexibility. As we work to improve your movement health, you’ll also enjoy:
- Pain relief for both acute and chronic conditions without having to use costly and potentially habit forming prescription drugs
- Depending on the nature of your mobility limitations, the opportunity to avoid a surgical procedure by motivating your body to heal on its own
- Mobility education, including physical therapy techniques you can do in the comfort of your own home with no risk to injury, what you can do to prevent injuries, and the best postures for improved mobility
- Motivating better physical health, carries with it the benefits of enhanced energy, lowers your risk of heart disease, helps control weight, makes you feel better, and encourages your body to get a full 8 hours of sleep
Other services we offer in Hoene Spring, MO include:
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Post Surgical Rehabilitation
- Shin Splint Treatment
- Direct Access Physical Therapy
- Gait Analysis
- Pelvic Floor Therapy
- Dry Needling Near Me
- Tendonitis Treatment
- Manual Physical Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehab Near Me
Mobility in Hoene Spring, MO | Axes Physical Therapy
Whether you need hand therapy in order to make it easier for you to write, are looking for meaningful pain management for sciatica, or want to return to your active lifestyle following acute trauma, Axes’ team of licensed physical and occupational therapists will develop and implement the treatment plan that is safe and affective. We employ a leads to positive patient outcomes. To restore the level of mobility you deserve, request an appointment with Axes Physical Therapy today or call the location most convenient for you.