Mobility in Labarque Creek, MO. Our bodies are meant to move. But sometimes, our mobility is impeded and it impedes us from the activities we love. While experiencing pain and other factors that affect mobility also have an impact on our emotional well-being, Axes Physical Therapy in Labarque Creek, MO can provide you with solutions that have been proven to get results and that are built specifically to getting you back to the life you want to live. Regardless of whether your mobility is limited because of acute trauma, a chronic condition, or an impairment in your musculoskeletal skeleton such as sciatica, take the first steps in optimal mobility and meaningful pain relief as soon as possible by setting up a mobility and injury analysis with Axes today or calling the location nearest you.
The dictionary defines mobility as, “the ability to move… freely and easily.” For some people that may mean picking up their kids without pain, while for others it may mean sprinting down the basketball court on a fast break. Whatever you need to improve your movement health for, if your mobility is severely restricted speak with a physician about professional physical therapy and movement health services.
Functional Mobility in Labarque Creek, MO
Functional mobility is the capacity one has to complete daily tasks. This can be simple tasks such as comfortably laying down in bed each night or bringing a cup of coffee to the living room and sitting on the couch. In general, there are three types of functional mobility:
- Bed mobility — Your ability to scoot, roll, and get in and out of bed with ease.
- Transfers — Whether or not you are able to move from one surface to a different one, for example from a bed to a chair.
- Ambulation — Whether or not you can walk, and can do so while carrying things.
If you cannot currently complete some or all of the activities above without a person or assistive device helping you, the Labarque Creek, MO physical and occupational therapists at Axes are dedicated to getting your independence back. Whether you currently lack full functional mobility due to an ACL tear, arthritis or other joint pain, or even a central nervous system disorder like Parkinson’s disease, we’ll guide you through your journey to optimal mobility. Most treatment plans include strengthening, balance, and flexibility exercises. Our therapists are also specialists vestibular therapy to help with vestibular disorders that cause dizziness and vertigo.
Labarque Creek, MO physical therapists often utilize the Functional Independence Measure (FIM) of seven levels to determine someone’s functional mobility:
- Complete independence, meaning you are able to achieve specific mobility thresholds without assistance and in a timely manner
- Modified independence, meaning you can perform specific movements but only with a walker, a cane, or crutches
- Supervision, meaning you can complete the task by yourself but need someone close by to prevent risk of injury
- Minimal assistance, meaning you can do 75% or more while a physical therapist helps you the rest of the way
- Moderate assistance, meaning you can perform about 50% of the work necessary
- Maximal assistance, meaning you can complete about 25% of the task independently
- Total assistance or not testable, meaning you can complete less than 25% of the task, or that the activity is not safe to test
At Axes Physical Therapy in Labarque Creek, MO, your tailor-made treatment plan may include safely allowing you more and more independence until you get the highest level you can. All of our treatment plans are based on what research says works best for you, and when you and your licensed physical therapist first meet, they will perform a comprehensive evaluation of your health to ensure that the treatment modalities we use are safe for someone in your exact condition.
Beyond Functional Mobility in Labarque Creek, MO
Of course, many of us desire a higher level of movement health than just being to move between furniture without assistance. There are doubles to hit in your softball league, your children to play with, and the vocational tasks you need to carry out every day in order to put food on the table for your Labarque Creek, MO family. At Axes, we offer comprehensive physical and occupational physical therapy that can help any athlete, worker, or family member achieve the activity level they desire. We also offer:
- Occupational therapy — Our Labarque Creek, MO occupational therapists are vital to your recovery when an injury or condition limits the mobility needed to to do your hob. We team up with you and your physician, insurance carrier, workers’ compensation lawyer and employer so you can get back to being an integral member of our Labarque Creek, MO community and supporting your family the best way you can. Our advanced work rehabilitation includes Functional Capacity Evaluations to ascertain if you are ready to return to your job.
- Sports therapy — The worst-case scenario for any athlete is a sudden injury that sidelines them and keeps them from what they love for weeks, months, or longer. If you suffer an ACL tear, rotator cuff tear, or other sports injury, Axes Physical Therapy in Labarque Creek, MO will help you regain your mobility and get you back on the field or court as soon as is safely possible. Our Certified Athletic Trainers are big believers in teaching injury prevention to help you avoid re-injury.
- Pre/post surgical rehabilitation — Surgery makes anyone anxious. Whether your surgery is elective or medically necessary, we’ll work with your physician and surgeons to form a complete surgical team to ease your worry, and formulate a successful strategy to get the best possible outcome from your procedure.
However limited you currently are in your mobility, and the extent to wish you want to improve it, consult with your Labarque Creek, MO doctor about what physical therapy can do for you, or come see us for a no-risk, no-obligation injury screening from a professional physical or occupational therapist.
How a Physical Therapist in Labarque Creek, MO Can Help Improve Your Mobility
Our mobility is based on our strength, flexibility, range of motion, and balance:
- Strength — While physical therapy is effective at rebuilding and maintaining strength, it also helps achieve muscle balance. Surrounding our joints with healthy and equally strong muscles is crucial in preventing injury and reaching optimal movement health.
- Flexibility and range of motion — To achieve optimal movement health, not only do our muscles need to have the strength to control bones, but our muscles, tendons, and other soft tissue need to be able to lengthen, and our joints need to be able to perform a wide variety of movements.
- Balance — Problems with balance are typically due to:
A clinically experienced physical therapist in Labarque Creek, MO will find the root of your mobility issues and develop a safe and effective treatment plan to get you back to the activities you love. In addition to therapeutic strength, flexibility, and core exercises, We can help you improve your mobility with:
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Kinesio Taping®
- Trigger point dry needling
- Blood flow restriction training
- Posture correction and teaching good posture
If necessary, a physical therapist in Labarque Creek, MO can also mold your very own medically accepted assistive devices such as splints, braces, crutches, or canes in order to aid you in your mobility and reduce risk of injury.
How Physical Therapy in Labarque Creek, MO Helps Beyond Mobility
The benefits of physical therapy go beyond just getting around easier, getting back to work, or getting back on the field. As we work to improve your movement health, you’ll also enjoy:
- Pain relief for both acute and chronic conditions without needing to depend on painkillers or opioids
- Depending on the nature of your mobility limitations, the potential to avoid surgery by motivating your body to heal on its own
- Mobility education, including exercises you can safely do at home, injury prevention techniques, and the best postures for improved mobility
- Motivating better physical health, carries with it the benefits of increased energy, decreases your risk of heart disease, contributes to a healthy weight, improves your mood, and promotes better sleep
Other services we offer in Labarque Creek, MO include:
- Shin Splint Treatment
- Direct Access Physical Therapy
- Gait Analysis
- Pelvic Floor Therapy
- Dry Needling Near Me
- Tendonitis Treatment
- Manual Physical Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehab Near Me
- Beginner Running Program
- Chronic Pain Treatment
Mobility in Labarque Creek, MO | Axes Physical Therapy
Whether you are looking for hand therapy in order to make it easier for you to use a computer, are in need of meaningful pain management for arthritis, or want to return to your active lifestyle following acute trauma, Axes’ team of licensed physical and occupational therapists will develop and implement the treatment plan that works best for you. We practice a client-centered approach. To restore the level of mobility you deserve, request an appointment with Axes Physical Therapy today or find the location that works best for you.