Mobility in Moselle, MO. Our bodies are meant to to make walking and other movements easy. But sometimes, our bodies don’t work the way they should and it impedes us from our favorite activities, or even just being able to carry out or daily live pain-free. While that loss of physical mobility affects us in more ways than just physically, Axes Physical Therapy in Moselle, MO can create safe, effective, and evidence-backed solutions that are tailored specifically to getting you back to the life you want to live. Regardless of whether your mobility is limited because of acute trauma, a chronic condition, or an impairment in your musculoskeletal structure such as sciatica, take the first steps in your best possible movement health and meaningful pain relief now by scheduling a mobility and injury analysis with Axes today or calling the location nearest you.
The one definition of mobility is, “the ability to move… freely and easily.” For some Moselle, MO residents that may mean rolling over in bed comfortably, while for others it may mean sprinting down the basketball court on a fast break. Whatever you need to improve your movement health for, if your mobility is severely restricted speak with a physician about professional physical therapy services.
Functional Mobility in Moselle, MO
Functional mobility refers to a person’s ability to safely and efficiently move around in their home environment. This includes anything from getting in and out of bed or getting in and out of the shower safely. Fundamentally, functional mobility is typically though of in three different ways:
- Bed mobility — Whether or not you are able to to easily move around in bed, including rolling, scooting, sitting up, and lying down.
- Transfers — Whether or not you are able to move from one surface to another, for example from a bed to a chair.
- Ambulation — Whether or not you can walk, and can do so while carrying things.
If you currently need assistance to be functionally mobile, the Moselle, MO physical and occupational therapists at Axes are dedicated to helping you regain your autonomy. Whether your currently limited functional mobility was caused by a knee injury, arthritis or other joint pain, or even a a progressive disorder like Parkinson’s disease, we’ll guide you through your journey to optimal mobility. Most treatment plans include strengthening, balance, and flexibility exercises. Our therapists are also experts vestibular therapy to help with vestibular disorders that cause dizziness and vertigo.
Moselle, MO physical therapists often rely on the Functional Independence Measure (FIM) of seven levels to determine someone’s functional mobility:
- Complete independence, meaning you are able to achieve specific mobility thresholds safely and in a timely manner
- Modified independence, meaning you need a device such as a cane to complete the task
- Stand-by assist, meaning you can complete the task independently but need someone close by for safety
- Minimal assistance, meaning you can exert 75% of the work needed to complete the task or more while someone else does the rest
- Moderate assistance, meaning you can perform about 50% of the work needed
- Maximal assistance, meaning you can put in a quarter of the work of the task yourself
- Total assistance or not testable, meaning you are unable to put in 25% of the work required, or that even testing whether or not you can do it could lead to you becoming hurt
At Axes Physical Therapy in Moselle, MO, your tailor-made treatment plan may include safely taking you from the first level to the highest level you are able to achieve. All of our methods are based on what research says can improve your mobility, and your dedicated physical therapist will begin your mobility treatment with a comprehensive examination of your health to ensure that the treatment modalities we have in mind for you are safe for someone in your exact condition.
Beyond Functional Mobility in Moselle, MO
Obviously, simply walking up the stairs pain-free does not define optimal movement health for many of us. There are pickleball leagues to dominate, your children to play with, and the occupational tasks of the job you carry out every day in order to put food on the table for your Moselle, MO family. At Axes, our occupational and physical therapists can help any athlete, worker, or family member reach the optimal movement health they need to get back to the activities they love. Our services also include:
- Occupational therapy — Our Moselle, MO occupational therapists are vital to your recovery when an injury or condition limits the mobility needed to to do your hob. We serve as an integral member of your workers’ compensation team so you can get back to helping our Moselle, MO community and providing for your family as you want to. Our advanced work rehabilitation includes Functional Capacity Evaluations to ascertain if you can safely go back to work either fully or in some capacity.
- Sports therapy — The worst-case scenario for anyone who loves playing sports is a sudden injury that keeps them off the field or court for anywhere from a couple weeks to a year. Our Moselle, MO physical therapy team is experienced in helping those who are sidelined because of ACL tears, rotator cuff tears, and a variety of other injuries. Our Certified Athletic Trainers also specialize in injury prevention to help you stay off the sidelines.
- Pre/post surgical rehabilitation — Surgery is a complex and nerve-racking procedure for anyone. Whether your surgery is elective or medically necessary, we’ll work with your physician and surgeons to form a complete surgical team to give you piece of mind, and develop an effective strategy to get the best possible outcome from your procedure.
However limited you currently are in your mobility, and lifestyle you are trying to get back to, consult with your Moselle, MO doctor about whether or not physical therapy is a good option for you, or come see us for a no-obligation injury screening from a licensed physical or occupational therapist.
How a Physical Therapist in Moselle, MO Can Help Improve Your Mobility
Our mobility is based on our strength, flexibility, range of motion, and balance:
- Strength — While physical therapy can help rebuild muscle after an injury and slow the weakening of muscles as we age, it also ensures that no muscle is disproportionately strong or weak. Achieving equal muscle balance around joints is crucial in preventing injury and reaching optimal movement health.
- Flexibility and range of motion — To reach the movement health and lifestyle we desire, our muscles, tendons, and other soft tissue need to be able to lengthen so that the joints they control and protect can function at their highest level.
- Balance — Frequent causes of balance issues include:
An experienced physical therapist in Moselle, MO will determine what is causing your limitations in mobility and come up with a safe and effective treatment plan to improve your movement health. Beyond restorative strength, flexibility, and core exercises, We can help you improve your mobility with:
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Kinesio Taping®
- Trigger point dry needling
- Blood flow restriction training
- Posture correction and teaching good posture
If required, a physical therapist in Moselle, MO can also mold your very own medically accepted assistive devices including splints, braces, crutches, or canes in order to help you achieve the best possible mobility.
How Physical Therapy in Moselle, MO Helps Beyond Mobility
The benefits of physical therapy go beyond just getting around easier, getting back to work, or getting back on the field. Your personalized treatment plans:
- Pain relief, whether from an injury or pain that is chronic in nature without the need of prescription medications
- If applicable, the potential to avoid a surgical procedure by stimulating the body’s natural way of healing itself
- Mobility education, including physical therapy techniques you can safely do at home, what you can do to prevent injuries, and the best postures for improved mobility
- Encouraging you to maintain an active lifestyle, carries with it the benefits of enhanced energy, lowers your odds of developing cardiovascular disease, contributes to a healthy weight, improves your mood, and promotes better sleep
Other services we offer in Moselle, MO include:
- Shoulder Pain
- Injury Prevention
- Knee Injury
- Joint Pain
- Dry Needling
- ACL Tear
- Pain Management
- Rotator Cuff Tear
Mobility in Moselle, MO | Axes Physical Therapy
Whether you are looking for hand therapy in order to make it easier for you to use a computer, are in need of meaningful pain management for sciatica, or want to return to your active lifestyle following acute trauma, Axes’ team of licensed physical and occupational therapists is here to help you get back to the activities you love. We practice a leads to positive patient outcomes. To get back your independence and active lifestyle, request an appointment with Axes Physical Therapy today or call the location nearest for you.