Mobility in Argentville, MO. Our bodies are designed to move. But sometimes, our mobility is impeded and it impedes us from doing what we love most. While that loss of physical mobility affects us in more ways than just physically, Axes Physical Therapy in Argentville, MO can develop solutions that have been proven to work and that are built specifically to you and your needs. No matter if your mobility limitations are the result of an injury, a disease, or an impairment in your musculoskeletal structure such as sciatica, take the first steps in your best possible mobility and meaningful pain relief as soon as possible by requesting an appointment with Axes today or calling the location nearest you.
The one definition of mobility is, “the ability to move… freely and easily.” For some Argentville, MO residents that is as simple as getting in and out of a chair without pain, while others need to get back to sprinting down the basketball court on a fast break. Whatever you need to improve your movement health for, if can’t complete the activities you want to consult with a physician to see if physical therapy is the right choice for you.
Functional Mobility in Argentville, MO
Functional mobility refers to a person’s ability to safely and efficiently move around in their home environment. This can be simple tasks such as moving around in bed or walking up a flight of stairs. Fundamentally, there are three types of functional mobility:
- Bed mobility — Whether or not you are able to to scoot, roll, and get in and out of bed comfortably.
- Transfers — Your ability to move from one place to another, for example from one chair to another.
- Ambulation — Whether or not you can walk, and can do so while carrying things.
If you cannot currently complete some or all of the tasks above without a person or assistive device helping you, the Argentville, MO physical and occupational therapists at Axes are dedicated to helping you regain your self-sufficiency. Whether you currently lack full functional mobility as a result of a sports injuryan rotator cuff tear tear, arthritis or other joint pain, or even a central nervous system disorder like Parkinson’s disease, we’ll create a personalized plan that has been proven to help people like you return to the best possible movement health. Most treatment plans include strengthening, balance, and flexibility exercises. Our therapists are also experts vestibular therapy to help with vestibular disorders that cause sensory dysfunction.
The seven level Functional Independence Measure (FIM) is the main way to determine functional mobility in Argentville, MO:
- Complete independence, meaning you can achieve specific mobility thresholds without risk of injury and in a timely manner
- Modified independence, meaning you can perform certain movements but only with a walker, a cane, or crutches
- Stand-by assist, meaning you can complete the task independently but need someone to monitor you for safety
- Minimal assistance, meaning you can do 75% or more while someone else does the rest
- Moderate assistance, meaning you can perform about 50% of the work needed
- Maximal assistance, meaning you can put in a quarter of the work of the task without assistance
- Total assistance or not testable, meaning you are unable to put in 25% of the work required, or that the activity is not safe to test
At Axes Physical Therapy in Argentville, MO, your customized treatment plan may include safely allowing you more and more independence until you get the highest level you can. All of our methods are based on what research says works best for you, and when you and your licensed physical therapist first meet, they will perform a thorough examination of your health to verify that the exercises we use are safe for someone suffering from the same ailment you are.
Beyond Functional Mobility in Argentville, MO
Needless to say, many of us desire a higher level of movement health than just rolling over in bed without limitations. There are doubles to hit in your softball league, your pets to play with, and the physical demands of the job you carry out every day in order to put food on the table for your Argentville, MO family. At Axes, our occupational and physical therapists can help any individual achieve the activity level they desire. We also offer:
- Occupational therapy — Our Argentville, MO occupational therapists are crucial to your return to work when an injury or condition limits the mobility needed to to do your hob. We serve as an integral member of your workers’ compensation team so you can get back to being an integral member of our Argentville, MO community and supporting your family as you want to. Our advanced work rehabilitation includes Functional Capacity Evaluations to ascertain what functional capacities you are capable of.
- Sports therapy — The worst-case scenario for any athlete is an unexpected pop or crack that keeps them inactive and limited for weeks, months, or longer. If you suffer an ACL tear, rotator cuff tear, or other sports injury, Axes Physical Therapy in Argentville, MO will help you restore your mobility and get you back on the field or court as soon as is safely possible. Our Certified Athletic Trainers are big believers in teaching injury prevention to help you avoid re-injury.
- Pre/post surgical rehabilitation — Surgery makes anyone anxious. Whether your surgery is a matter of choice or a strong recommendation from a physician, we’ll work with your physician and surgeons to form a complete surgical team to ease your worry, and formulate a successful strategy to get the best possible outcome from your procedure.
However limited you currently are in your mobility, and the level of movement health you desire, consult with your Argentville, MO doctor about whether they think getting you a prescription for physical therapy is right for you, or visit one of our locations for a no-risk, no-obligation injury screening from a licensed physical or occupational therapist.
How a Physical Therapist in Argentville, MO Can Help Improve Your Mobility
Our mobility is based on our strength, flexibility, range of motion, and balance:
- Strength — While physical therapy is effective at rebuilding and maintaining strength, it also helps achieve muscle balance. Surrounding our joints with healthy and equally strong muscles is essential in preventing injury and reaching optimal movement health.
- Flexibility and range of motion — To improve our mobility to the highest level we can, not only do our muscles need to have the strength to control bones, but our muscles, ligaments, and other soft tissue need to be able to lengthen, and our joints need to be able to perform a wide variety of movements.
- Balance — Frequent causes of balance issues include:
- Problems with vision
- A vestibular condition, or something in your inner ear
- Your proprioceptive system, the receptors in our muscles that monitor length, tension, pressure and noxious stimuli
A licensed physical therapist in Argentville, MO will find the root of your mobility issues and come up with a treatment plan, based on empirical research to improve your movement health. In addition to therapeutic strength, flexibility, and core exercises, your treatment plan may also include:
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Kinesio Taping®
- Trigger point dry needling
- Blood flow restriction training
- Posture correction and correct posture education
If necessary, a physical therapist in Argentville, MO can also fit you for medically accepted assistive devices including splints, braces, crutches, or canes in order to help you achieve the best possible mobility.
How Physical Therapy in Argentville, MO Helps Beyond Mobility
Physical therapy does more than just increase strength and flexibility. Your proven treatment plans:
- Pain relief, whether from an injury or pain that is chronic in nature without the need of painkillers or opioids
- If applicable, the potential to avoid a surgical procedure by motivating your body to heal on its own
- Patient education, including exercises you can safely do at home, injury prevention techniques, and correct posture
- Encouraging better physical health, carries with it the benefits of increased energy, decreases your risk of cardiovascular disease, contributes to a healthy weight, improves your mood, and promotes better sleep
Other services we offer in Argentville, MO include:
- Dry Needling Near Me
- Tendonitis Treatment
- Manual Physical Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehab Near Me
- Beginner Running Program
- Chronic Pain Treatment
- Spine Specialist Near Me
- MCL Injury
- Shoulder Pain
- Injury Prevention
Mobility in Argentville, MO | Axes Physical Therapy
Whether you are looking for hand therapy in order to make it easier for you to write, are looking for meaningful pain management for arthritis, or want to get back on the field after a sports injury, Axes’ team of licensed physical and occupational therapists will develop and implement the treatment plan that works best for you. We take a an approach that focuses on personalized treatment. To restore the level of mobility you deserve, request an appointment with Axes Physical Therapy today or reach out to the location nearest for you.