Mobility in Ozark View, MO. Our bodies are built to be on the go. But sometimes, we sustain an injury or other condition that keeps us from the activities we love. While losing your independence because of losing your mobility can affect our mental health as well, Axes Physical Therapy in Ozark View, MO can develop treatment plans that have been proven to work and that are built specifically to getting you back to the life you want to live. Whether your mobility is limited because of an injury, a disease, or a musculoskeletal condition such as sciatica, start on the road back to optimal movement health and meaningful pain relief now by requesting a mobility and injury analysis with Axes today or calling the the one of our multiple locations most convenient for you.
The one definition of mobility is, “the ability to move… freely and easily.” For some Ozark View, MO residents that may mean picking up their kids comfortably, while others need to get back to making a diving catch in their softball league. Whatever it means to you, if can’t complete the activities you want to consult with a physician about professional physical therapy services.
Functional Mobility in Ozark View, MO
Functional mobility is the capacity one has to complete daily tasks. This can be simple tasks such as comfortably laying down in bed each night or carrying a cup of coffee to the living room and sitting on the couch. Fundamentally, functional mobility can be broken down into three categories:
- Bed mobility — Whether or not you can to comfortably move around in bed, including rolling, scooting, sitting up, and lying down.
- Transfers — Whether or not you are able to move from one surface to a different one, for example from a chair, bed, or sofa to another.
- Ambulation — Whether or not you can walk, and can do so while carrying things.
If you cannot currently complete some or all of the tasks above without the aid of a person or assistive device, the Ozark View, MO physical and occupational therapists at Axes are dedicated to getting your freedom back. Whether the condition affecting you is a knee injury, arthritis or other joint pain, or even a a progressive disorder like Parkinson’s disease, we’ll guide you through your journey to the best possible mobility. We will guide you in strengthening, balance, and flexibility training. We also offer vestibular therapy to help with vestibular disorders that cause dizziness and vertigo.
Ozark View, MO physical therapists often utilize the Functional Independence Measure (FIM) of seven levels to determine someone’s functional mobility:
- Complete independence, meaning you are able to move in a certain way without assistance and in a timely manner
- Modified independence, meaning you need a device such as a cane to complete the task
- Supervision, meaning you can perform the movement independently but need someone to monitor you so you don’t hurt yourself
- Minimal assistance, meaning you can do 75% or more while a physical therapist does the rest
- Moderate assistance, meaning you can exert 50% of the effort necessary
- Maximal assistance, meaning you can complete about 25% of the task independently
- Total assistance or not testable, meaning you can complete less than 25% of the task, or that the activity is not safe to test
At Axes Physical Therapy in Ozark View, MO, your tailor-made treatment plan may include safely allowing you more and more independence until you get the highest level you can. All of our treatment plans are based on what research says can improve your mobility, and your dedicated physical therapist will begin your mobility treatment with a thorough evaluation of your health to ensure that the treatment modalities we have in mind for you are safe for someone suffering from the same ailment you are.
Beyond Functional Mobility in Ozark View, MO
Obviously, simply being to move between chairs pain-free does not define optimal movement health for many of us. There are fast breaks to run, fun activities to share with your family, and the vocational tasks you need to perform every day so that you can provide for your Ozark View, MO family. At Axes, we offer comprehensive physical and occupational physical therapy that can help any athlete, worker, or family member achieve the activity level they desire. Our services also include:
- Occupational therapy — Our Ozark View, MO occupational therapists are crucial to your recovery when an injury or condition limits the mobility needed to to do your hob. We serve as an integral member of your workers’ compensation team so you can get back to helping our Ozark View, MO community and providing for your family as you want to. Our advanced work rehabilitation includes Functional Capacity Evaluations to ascertain if you are ready to return to your job.
- Sports therapy — Every athletes worst nightmare is an unexpected fall or collision that sidelines them and keeps them from what they love for anywhere from a couple weeks to a year. If you suffer an ACL tear, rotator cuff tear, or other sports injury, Axes Physical Therapy in Ozark View, MO will help you regain your mobility and get you back on the field or court as soon as is safely possible. Our Certified Athletic Trainers can also educate you on the specifics of injury prevention to help you stay off the sidelines.
- Pre/post surgical rehabilitation — Surgery makes anyone anxious. Whether your surgery is a matter of choice or a strong recommendation from a physician, we’ll team up with the doctors recommending and performing your surgery to give you piece of mind, and formulate a successful game plan to restore optimal mobility.
Whatever the current level of mobility, and the level of improved mobility you desire, consult with your Ozark View, MO doctor about what physical therapy can do for you, or come see us for a complimentary injury screening from a qualified physical or occupational therapist.
How a Physical Therapist in Ozark View, MO Can Help Improve Your Mobility
The four tenets of mobility are our strength, flexibility, range of motion, and balance:
- Strength — While physical therapy can help rebuild muscle after an injury and slow the weakening of muscles as we age, it also helps to make sure no muscle is stronger or weaker than it should be in relation to the muscles around it. Having equal muscle balance around joints is crucial in preventing injury and improving your mobility.
- Flexibility and range of motion — To reach the movement health and lifestyle we desire, not only do our muscles need to have the strength to control bones, but our muscles, tendons, and other soft tissue need to be able to lengthen, and our joints need to be able to perform a wide variety of movements.
- Balance — Frequent causes of balance issues are:
A professional physical therapist in Ozark View, MO will find the root of your mobility issues and come up with a treatment plan, based on empirical research to improve your movement health. Beyond restorative strength, flexibility, and core exercises, other evidence-backed techniques may include:
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Kinesio Taping®
- Trigger point dry needling
- Blood flow restriction training
- Posture correction and teaching good posture
If required, a physical therapist in Ozark View, MO can also create custom medically accepted assistive devices including splints, braces, crutches, or canes in order to aid you in your mobility and reduce risk of injury.
How Physical Therapy in Ozark View, MO Helps Beyond Mobility
The benefits of physical therapy go beyond just getting around easier, getting back to work, or getting back on the field. Your customized treatment plans:
- Pain relief, whether from an injury or pain that is chronic in nature without having to use painkillers or opioids
- In some cases, the opportunity to avoid surgery by motivating your body to heal on its own
- Patient education, including exercises you can do in the comfort of your own home with no risk to injury, what you can do to prevent injuries, and correct posture
- Motivating better physical health, which leads to increased energy, lowers your odds of developing cardiovascular disease, helps control weight, makes you feel better, and encourages your body to get a full 8 hours of sleep
Other services we offer in Ozark View, MO include:
- Shoulder Pain
- Injury Prevention
- Knee Injury
- Joint Pain
- Dry Needling
- ACL Tear
- Pain Management
- Rotator Cuff Tear
Mobility in Ozark View, MO | Axes Physical Therapy
Whether you need hand therapy in order to make it easier for you to do basic things around the house, are looking for meaningful pain management for joint problems, or want to get back on the field after a sports injury, Axes’ team of licensed physical and occupational therapists is here to help you get back to what you love doing most. We employ a leads to positive patient outcomes. To get back your independence and active lifestyle, request an appointment with Axes Physical Therapy today or call the location that works best for you.