Mobility in Kampville, MO. Our bodies are designed to move. But sometimes, our bodies don’t work the way they should and it keeps us from the activities we love. While losing your independence because of losing your mobility affects us in more ways than just physically, Axes Physical Therapy in Kampville, MO can provide you with safe, effective, and proven solutions that are built specifically to you and your needs. Whether your mobility is limited because of acute trauma, a disease, or a musculoskeletal problem such as sciatica, start on the road back to optimal mobility and a pain-free daily life now by scheduling an appointment with Axes today or calling the the one of our multiple locations nearest you.
The dictionary defines mobility as, “the ability to move… freely and easily.” For some Kampville, MO residents that may mean rolling over in bed comfortably, while for others it may mean sprinting down the basketball court on a fast break. Whatever mobility means to you, if can’t complete the activities you want to speak with your doctor to see if physical therapy is the right choice for you.
Functional Mobility in Kampville, MO
Functional mobility refers to a person’s ability to safely and efficiently get around their home. This includes simple tasks such as rolling over in bed or getting in and out of the shower safely. In general, there are three types of functional mobility:
- Bed mobility — Your ability to scoot, roll, and get in and out of bed pain-free.
- Transfers — Whether or not you are able to switch between places, for example from a bed to a chair.
- Ambulation — Your ability to walk freely without the need of assistance. This also includes walking while being able to carry objects.
If you currently need assistance to be functionally mobile, the Kampville, MO physical and occupational therapists at Axes are devoted to getting your self-sufficiency back. Whether the condition affecting you is a sports injuryan rotator cuff tear tear, arthritis or other joint pain, or even a central nervous system disorder like Parkinson’s disease, we’ll guide you through your journey to optimal movement health. We will guide you in strengthening, balance, and flexibility movements. Our therapists are also experts vestibular therapy for people who have a debilitating vestibular disorder.
Kampville, MO physical therapists often rely on the Functional Independence Measure (FIM) of seven levels to evaluate someone’s functional mobility:
- Complete independence, meaning you are able to achieve specific mobility thresholds without risk of injury and in a relatively normal amount of time
- Modified independence, meaning you need a device such as a walker to complete the task
- Supervision, meaning you can complete the task independently but need someone to monitor you for safety
- Minimal assistance, meaning you can exert 75% of the work needed to complete the task or more while a physical therapist does the rest
- Moderate assistance, meaning you can exert 50% of the effort required
- Maximal assistance, meaning you can put in a quarter of the work of the task independently
- Total assistance or not testable, meaning you can complete less than 25% of the task, or that the activity is not safe to test
At Axes Physical Therapy in Kampville, MO, your tailor-made treatment plan may include safely allowing you more and more independence until you get the highest level you can. All of our methods are based on what research says can improve your mobility, and your dedicated physical therapist will begin your mobility treatment with a comprehensive examination of your health to confirm that the exercises we use are safe for someone suffering from the same ailment you are.
Beyond Functional Mobility in Kampville, MO
Needless to say, many of us desire a higher level of movement health than just being to move between furniture without assistance. There are fast breaks to run, fun activities to share with your family, and the occupational tasks of the job you carry out every day so that you can provide for your Kampville, MO family. At Axes, we offer comprehensive physical and occupational physical therapy that can help any athlete, worker, or family member reach the optimal movement health they need to get back to the activities they love. Our services also include:
- Occupational therapy — Our Kampville, MO occupational therapists are essential to your return to work when an injury or condition limits the mobility needed to to do your hob. We team up with you and your physician, insurance carrier, workers’ compensation lawyer and employer so you can get back to contributing to our Kampville, MO community and providing for your family the best way you can. Our advanced work rehabilitation includes Functional Capacity Evaluations to ascertain if you are ready to return to your job.
- Sports therapy — The worst-case scenario for any athlete is a sudden fall or collision that keeps them inactive and limited for anywhere from a couple weeks to a year. If you suffer an ACL tear, rotator cuff tear, or other sports injury, Axes Physical Therapy in Kampville, MO will help you restore your mobility and get you back on the field or court as soon as is safely possible. Our Certified Athletic Trainers are big believers in teaching injury prevention to help you stay off the sidelines.
- Pre/post surgical rehabilitation — Surgery and your recovery from it are delicate matters that make anyone nervous. Whether your surgery is a matter of choice or a strong recommendation from a physician, we’ll team up with the doctors recommending and performing your surgery to ease your worry, and formulate a proven game plan to restore optimal mobility.
Whatever the current level of mobility, and the level of improved mobility you desire, consult with your Kampville, MO doctor about whether or not physical therapy is advisable, or come see us for a complimentary injury screening from a licensed physical or occupational therapist.
How a Physical Therapist in Kampville, MO Can Help Improve Your Mobility
Our mobility is based on our strength, flexibility, range of motion, and balance:
- Strength — While physical therapy can help rebuild muscle after an injury and slow the weakening of muscles as we age, it also helps achieve muscle balance. Surrounding our joints with healthy and equally strong muscles is crucial in preventing injury and reaching optimal movement health.
- Flexibility and range of motion — To achieve optimal movement health, our muscles, tendons, and other soft tissue need to be able to lengthen so that the joints they control and protect can function at their highest level.
- Balance — Balance issues are commonly due to:
A clinically experienced physical therapist in Kampville, MO will find the root of your limitations in mobility and develop a safe and effective treatment plan to improve your movement health. In addition to therapeutic strength, flexibility, and core exercises, We can help you improve your mobility with:
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Kinesio Taping®
- Trigger point dry needling
- Blood flow restriction training
- Posture correction and teaching good posture
If your doctor and therapy team agree, a physical therapist in Kampville, MO can also fit you for medically accepted assistive devices such as splints, braces, crutches, or canes in order to aid you in your mobility and reduce risk of injury.
How Physical Therapy in Kampville, MO Helps Beyond Mobility
Physical therapy does more than just increase strength and flexibility. Your customized treatment plans:
- Pain relief, whether from an injury or pain that is chronic in nature without needing to depend on painkillers or opioids
- If applicable, the potential to avoid surgery by motivating your body to heal on its own
- Mobility education, including exercises you can do in the comfort of your own home with no risk to injury, injury prevention techniques, and the best postures for improved mobility
- Encouraging better physical health, carries with it the benefits of enhanced energy, lowers your odds of developing heart disease, contributes to a healthy weight, makes you feel better, and promotes better sleep
Other services we offer in Kampville, MO include:
- Shin Splint Treatment
- Direct Access Physical Therapy
- Gait Analysis
- Pelvic Floor Therapy
- Dry Needling Near Me
- Tendonitis Treatment
- Manual Physical Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehab Near Me
- Beginner Running Program
- Chronic Pain Treatment
Mobility in Kampville, MO | Axes Physical Therapy
Whether you are looking for hand therapy in order to make it easier for you to do basic things around the house, are in need of meaningful pain management for joint problems, or want to return to your active lifestyle following acute trauma, Axes’ team of licensed physical and occupational therapists is here to help you get back to what you love doing most. We employ a an approach that focuses on personalized treatment. To get back your independence and active lifestyle, request an appointment with Axes Physical Therapy today or find the location nearest for you.