Neck Pain Weldon Spring Heights, MO
Neck Pain Weldon Spring Heights, MO. It is painful, greatly limiting, and it affects your ability to move in ways that you once took for granted. If you happen to be like 75 percent of us, you have experienced neck pain at one time or another. While a metaphorical “pain in the neck” may just be a minor annoyance that you can successfully ignore, real neck pain is a serious issue that affects so many of us and, when not promtly and properly cared for, can result in immense pain and limitations. Neck pain, the fourth leading cause of disability, makes up a large part of the 88 billion dollars in annual healthcare costs for US neck and back complaints.
Neck pain should not be ignored. If your life is affected by your neck pain, seek care from an expert as soon as possible. Axes Physical Therapy is the leading Weldon Spring Heights, MO area provider of physical and occupational therapy and have what it takes to provide the individualized and proven Weldon Spring Heights, MO neck pain treatment you need to extinguish your pain and allow you to return to what you love. To begin receiving the quality Weldon Spring Heights, MO neck pain care you deserve, contact us today.
Causes and Risk Factors of Neck Pain in Weldon Spring Heights, MO
It is a fact that the large majority of us suffer from neck pain at least once during our lifetime. We depend upon the intricate and complex structures that make up the cervical spine to provide protection to our nervous system, offer support to our head, and give us a unique combination of flexibility range of motion that make it possible to execute many of the motions and tasks we do every day. However, this intricate arrangement also makes the neck vulnerable to pain and impairment due to overuse, injury and trauma, illnesses, and other conditions.
Common Weldon Spring Heights, MO Neck Pain Causes
- Sprains and strains
- Direct trauma
- Joint degeneration
- Bulging disc
- Pinched nerve
Around 75% of the population experience neck pain at least once during our lifetime. Fortunately for most of us, neck pain is often manageable and will usually subside without requiring extensive treatment. However, many other Weldon Spring Heights, MO neck pain patients need tailored care. Up to 85% of people who have neck pain will experience a pain episode in a five-year period and in 37% of those with neck pain, the condition becomes chronic, with neck pain lasting more than a year.
Neck pain is a prevalent problem that can clearly happen to anyone in Weldon Spring Heights, MO. There are some indicators, however, that predicate neck pain for many. Some of these factors are:
- Occupation – Neck pain is most common among office workers, healthcare workers, and manual laborers. However, when considering the relationship between occupations and neck pain, there is an even stronger relationship between individuals who suffer from neck pain and workers who are stressed and unhappy at work, irrespective of the industry or occupation.
- Weight – With comparatively less muscle strength and more stress on the joints and skeletal system, overweight and obese individuals are at a higher risk for neck pain.
- Posture – We have a term for it these days: “text neck.” Poor posture is to blame for a myriad of neck and spine issues including neck pain. In fact, the strain on the cervical spine almost doubles for every 15 degrees of forward bend in the neck.
- Smoking – Smoking accelerate disc degeneration and cause pain in the neck, throughout the back, and in other joints.
- Stress – It is well-known that stress is hard on the body. Neck pain due to stress is more than merely carrying tension. Stress is a physiological response that enlarges blood vessels in the muscles, restricts neck and shoulder movement, and heightens the perception of pain.
Weldon Spring Heights, MO Physical Therapy for Neck Pain
It is paramount that you seek out the proper treatment and care for your neck pain as soon as possible. Physical therapy is an accepted and popular treatment methods for people experiencing neck pain. This is with good reason, as evidence supports it as a highly effective neck pain treatment strategy. Though it is possible in some cases that additional treatments beyond physical therapy might be needed, physical therapy is an excellent first line of defense.
Physical therapy is an easily accessible, low-risk, non-invasive form of treatment that addresses the cause of your Weldon Spring Heights, MO neck pain. The knowledge and technical skill provided in physical therapy help patients heal safely and completely. Weldon Spring Heights, MO physical therapy makes use of hands-on manual therapies, exercise, and education. A treatment plan using a combination of these strategies helps you experience life without pain and regain complete range of motion. Additionally, Weldon Spring Heights, MO physical therapy can assist with developing strength and flexibility in the muscles related to the neck, shoulder, shoulder blade, and core, all while implementing preventative adjustments to avoid the risk of future pain or injury, such as posture education and work-station adaptation.
With a quality Weldon Spring Heights, MO physical therapy program based on your unique neck condition and goals, you will soon be able to once again enjoy your usual mobility, flexibility, strength, and range of motion. When you seek treatment with Axes Physical Therapy, the care we provide for your neck pain care near Weldon Spring Heights, MO will be tailored to the reason for your neck pain and your priorities for managing the condition. Your dedicated Weldon Spring Heights, MO physical therapist may design your neck pain treatment plan to include some of the following strategies:
- Stretching – stretches and exercises of the muscles surrounding the cervical spine increase strength and flexibity
- Core, shoulder, and back strengthening – conditioning to strengthen muscles that support and stabilize the cervical spine and upper body, including those in the torso, shoulders, and scapular regions
- Aerobic activity – low impact cardiovascular exercise that increase body strength and blood flow
- Traction – separating the vertebrae relieves pressure and allows inflamed and irritated nerves and discs to heal
- Postural correction – training and demonstration to develop better posture, using lumbar support and other assistive devices when appropriate
- Joint mobilization and manipulation – your physical therapist performs this manual therapy by manipulating specific joints to mimic normal joint and tissue movement, allowing for the gradual restoration of regular joint function and range of motion
- Trigger point dry needling – direct targeting of inflamed or strained muscle tissue areas releases and relaxes the irritated tissue, which allows the muscles to reclaim their range of motion
- Massage – releasing tension through the massage and hands-on manipulation of soft tissues
- Therapeutic modalities – a supplement to other therapy methods – things such as ultrasound therapy and electrical stimulation
- Heat and ice – use of ice and/or heat can manage pain and swelling
- Ergonomic modifications and devices – medical support devices and modifications to relieve neck pain and relieve aggrivating issues from sleeping, sitting, working at a desk, etc
- Posture correction – training and education on proper posture to reduce the amount of pressure and strain the neck is subjected to, helping to manage pain and avoid further Weldon Spring Heights, MO neck pain issues
Neck Pain Symptoms
In order to understand the cause and extent of your neck pain and formulate the most appropriate treatment plan in Weldon Spring Heights, MO, your Axes Weldon Spring Heights, MO physical therapist will examine, observe, and evaluate your condition. Pain, of course, is the primary symptom of neck pain. However, the spine is a brilliantly complex and versatile structure within the human body and the cervical spine, or the neck portion of the spine, is no exception. Different neck pain causes may be expressed as various symptoms and present distinct pain sensations.
Symptoms that can help diagnose your neck pain are:
- Numbness or tingling of the arms or hands
- Weakness in the arms
- Pain in the upper back, shoulders, arms, or hands
- Stiffness and immobility
- Increased pain when sneezing, coughing, reaching, etc
- Limited range of motion
- Sleeping problems
- Symptoms of pain that occur during a certain part of the day, such as in the morning or at night at bedtime
Your neck pain may be described with words such as:
When you meet with your Weldon Spring Heights, MO physical therapist, they will ask you questions designed to understand the cause of your neck pain. In addition, they may conduct an examination designed to assess your range of motion, strength, tenderness, posture, and function. By serving as your dedicated Weldon Spring Heights, MO neck pain physical therapist, our mission is to understand the entirety of your neck pain prior to beginning your care so that we can provide the safest and most effective treatment available.
Care for your Neck Pain near Weldon Spring Heights, MO | Axes Physical Therapy
If you suffer from persistent or recurring neck pain, you are not alone. The Axes team recognizes that neck pain is a complex condition that affects many of us in Weldon Spring Heights, MO and throughout the United States. We have what it takes to restore you to optimal health. Axes Physical Therapy offers accessible, low-risk, proven neck pain care near Weldon Spring Heights, MO provided by licensed physical therapists which advanced degrees and training in the treatment of the spine. Our patient-centered approach, dedicated care, and highly qualified staff make long-lasting, complete relief from your neck pain in Weldon Spring Heights, MO a reality.
It is time for you to know the pain-free life you deserve–the one that allows you to do all the things you love without limitations. We have established a network of locally owned and operated physical therapy treatment facilities that provide safe and personalized neck pain care in the Weldon Spring Heights, MO area location that is convenient for you. Discover the power that Axes’ physical therapy care can have on your neck pain by starting a treatment program right away. Get in touch with us today or submit an appointment request online now.