Neck Pain Knob Lick, MO
Neck Pain Knob Lick, MO. It not only causes great discomfort, but also limits and affects the movements and postures that you once took for granted. If you are like 75 percent majority, neck pain has affected you at one time or another. Though a metaphorical “pain in the neck” is typically not more than a mild nuisance that you can easily disregard, actual neck pain is often complicated and serious that affects so many of us and can lead to significant pain and loss of function if not treated promptly and thoroughly. Ranking as the number four cause of disability, neck pain makes up a large part of the 88 billion dollars in annual healthcare costs for US neck and back complaints.
Do not try to ignore or push past your neck pain. If your neck pain is taking a toll on your life, seek care from an expert as soon as possible. As the top Knob Lick, MO physical therapy and occupational therapy facility, we have what it takes to provide the personalized and evidence-based Knob Lick, MO neck pain treatment you need to extinguish your pain and allow you to return to the activities you enjoy. To begin receiving the quality Knob Lick, MO neck pain care you deserve, contact us today.
Knob Lick, MO Neck Pain: Causes and Risk Factors
Neck pain is a common condition that the vast majority of us will experience at some point in our lives. The intricate and beautifully complex cervical spine is a vital system that serves to protect our vital nervous system, support our heads and bodies, and allow us the flexibility and range of motion that make it possible to execute many of the motions and tasks we do every day. However, this intricate arrangement also makes the neck susceptible to pain and impairment that can be caused by overuse, injury and trauma, illnesses, and other conditions.
Common Knob Lick, MO Neck Pain Causes
- Sprains and strains
- Direct trauma
- Joint degeneration
- Bulging disc
- Pinched nerve
At some point in our lives, an estimated 75% of us will suffer from some type of neck pain. For many, that neck pain will be manageable and can often resolve itself without the need for extensive treatment. Still, a lot of other Knob Lick, MO neck pain patients are not so lucky. Up to 85% of people who have neck pain will experience a episode in a five-year period and in 37% of those with neck pain, the condition becomes chronic, with neck pain lasting more than one year.
As such a common issue, it is clear that neck pain can happen to anyone in Knob Lick, MO. However, some characteristics and conditions can predispose someone to neck pain. Some of these factors are:
- Occupation – The professions that most frequently experience neck pain are office workers, healthcare workers, and manual laborers. But, more than the industry or title, the biggest work-related indicator of neck pain is those whose work causes them stress and unhappiness, irrespective of the industry or occupation.
- Weight – With comparatively less muscle strength and more stress on the joints and skeletal system, overweight and obese individuals are at a higher risk for neck pain.
- Posture – There is a term for the poor posture so many of us spend so much time in: “text neck.” Poor posture is to blame for a myriad of neck and spine issues including neck pain. In fact, the strain on the cervical spine almost doubles for every 15 degrees of forward bend in the neck.
- Smoking – Smoking can be blamed for much pain in the neck, back, and other joints due to its ability to can precipitate disc degeneration.
- Stress – Stress has significant impact on the human body. Stress-related neck pain is more than merely carrying tension. The physiological stress response also is responsible for enlarging blood vessels in the muscles, restricts neck and shoulder movement, and heightens the perception of pain.
Physical Therapy for Neck Pain in Knob Lick, MO
It is paramount that you seek out the proper treatment and care for your neck pain as soon as possible. Physical therapy is an accepted and popular treatment methods for patients suffering from neck pain. It has been found to be highly effective in treating neck pain. Though in some cases more extensive medical treament beyond physical therapy might be required, physical therapy is an excellent first line of defense.
Physical therapy is an easily accessible, low-risk, non-invasive form of treatment that addresses the cause of your Knob Lick, MO neck pain. It offers neck pain patients a way to heal as safely and as thoroughly as possible. Knob Lick, MO physical therapy makes use of hands-on manual therapies, exercise, and education. A treatment plan using a combination of these strategies can be successful in reducing pain and stiffness while improving the range of motion needed for pain-free activity. Additionally, Knob Lick, MO physical therapy can assist with stretching and strengthening muscles affecting the neck, shoulder, shoulder blade, and core, all while implementing preventative modifications to avoid the risk of future pain or injury, such as posture education and changes to the work-station.
With a personalized Knob Lick, MO physical therapy program designed to your unique neck condition and goals, you can soon enjoy restored mobility, flexibility, strength, and range of motion. When you seek treatment with Axes Physical Therapy, your neck pain care near Knob Lick, MO will be tailored to the cause of your neck pain and your priorities for managing the condition. Your personal Knob Lick, MO physical therapist may make use of a combination of any of these treatment methods:
- Stretching – stretching and exercising to improve the strength and range of motion of the muscles connected to the cervical spine
- Core, shoulder, and back strengthening – conditioning to strengthen muscles that support and stabilize the cervical spine and upper body, including those in the torso, shoulders, and scapular regions
- Aerobic activity – to encourage healthy blood flow and build body strength, low-impact cardiovascular exercise
- Traction – separating the vertebrae reduces pressure and allows inflamed and irritated nerves and discs to heal
- Postural correction – training and demonstration to develop better posture, using lumbar support and other assistive devices when necessary
- Joint mobilization and manipulation – your physical therapist performs this manual therapy by manipulating specific joints to mimic normal joint and tissue movement to gradually restore regular joint function and range of motion
- Trigger point dry needling – direct targeting of inflamed or tight muscle tissue areas provides relief by releasing and relaxing the irritated tissue, making it possible for the muscle to regain its range of motion
- Massage – manual manipulation and massage of soft tissue and trigger points that helps release tension
- Therapeutic modalities – things like ultrasound therapy and electrical nerve and muscle stimulation therapies can supplement other therapies
- Heat and ice – use of heat and/or ice can reduce pain and swelling
- Ergonomic modifications and devices – to prevent complication and further neck pain, support devices can be used for sleeping, sitting, working at a desk, etc
- Posture correction – training and education to correct posture to reduce the amount of pressure and strain the neck is subjected to, helping to manage pain and prevent further Knob Lick, MO neck pain issues
Symptoms of Neck Pain
To truly understand the cause and extent of your neck pain and design the most effective treatment plan in Knob Lick, MO, your Axes Knob Lick, MO physical therapist will examine, observe, and evaluate your condition. Pain, of course, is the primary symptom of neck pain. However, because the spine, including the cervical spine where the neck is housed, is so delightfully complex and versatile, neck pain can present in different ways throughout the body. Different neck pain causes may be expressed as different symptoms and present certain types of pain.
Symptoms that can help diagnose your neck pain are:
- Tingling sensation or numbness in the arms or hands
- Upper extremity weakness
- Pain that extends to the upper back, shoulders, arms, or hands
- Stiffness and mobility limitations
- Increased pain when sneezing, coughing, reaching, etc
- Limited range of motion
- Sleeping problems
- Symptoms of pain that occur at a certain part of the day, such as in the morning or at night at bedtime
Your neck pain may be described with words such as:
Your Knob Lick, MO physical therapist will ask you questions designed to understand the cause of your neck pain. They may also conduct an examination designed to assess your range of motion, strength, tenderness, posture, and function. By serving as your dedicated Knob Lick, MO neck pain physical therapist, our mission is to understand the entirety of your neck pain before beginning your care so that we can deliver complete, safe, and effective treatment.
Care for your Neck Pain near Knob Lick, MO | Axes Physical Therapy
If you suffer from persistent or recurring neck pain, you are not alone. The Axes team is familiar with just how complicated and common neck pain is–a condition that affects many of us in Knob Lick, MO and throughout the United States. We have what it takes to restore you to optimal health. Axes Physical Therapy offers accessible, low-risk, evidence-based neck pain care near Knob Lick, MOby the hands of licensed physical therapists who have dedicated their careers to treating the spine. The patient-centered philosophy, individualized care, and extremely talented and qualified staff found in our facilities make significant, long-term neck pain relief in Knob Lick, MO possible.
It is time for you to enjoy the activities you love and the pain relief you deserve. Our family of twelve locally owned and operated physical therapy facilities offer safe and personalized neck pain care in the Knob Lick, MO area location of your choice. Experience the power that Axes’ physical therapy care can have on your neck pain by starting a treatment program immediately. Reach us today or request an appointment now.