Neck Pain All Saints Village, MO
Neck Pain All Saints Village, MO. It is painful, greatly limiting, and it affects your ability to move in ways that you once took for granted. If you are like 75 percent majority, neck pain has affected you at one time or another. Though a metaphorical “pain in the neck” is typically not more than a mild nuisance that you can easily disregard, actual neck pain is a serious issue. It is a pervasive problem that, when not promtly and properly cared for, can result in immense pain and limitations. Ranking as the number four cause of disability, neck pain accounts for a significant part of the 88 billion dollars in annual healthcare costs for US neck and back complaints.
Do not try to ignore or push past your neck pain. If your neck pain is taking a toll on your life, seek the right care right away. Axes Physical Therapy is the leading All Saints Village, MO area provider of physical and occupational therapy and have what it takes to provide the individualized and evidence-based All Saints Village, MO neck pain treatment that will manage your pain and return you to what you love. To take the first step toward lasting neck pain relief in All Saints Village, MO, contact us today.
All Saints Village, MO Neck Pain: Causes and Risk Factors
It is a fact that the large majority of us suffer from neck pain at some point in our lives. We depend upon the intricate and complex structures that make up the cervical spine to protect our vital nervous system, support our heads and bodies, and give us the flexibility and range of motion that make it possible to execute many of the motions and tasks we do every day. However, this intricate arrangement also makes the neck vulnerable to pain and impairment due to overuse, injury and trauma, illnesses, and other conditions.
Common Causes of All Saints Village, MO Neck Pain
- Sprains and strains
- Direct trauma
- Joint degeneration
- Bulging disc
- Pinched nerve
At some point in our lives, an estimated 75% of us will suffer from some type of neck pain. Luckily, many of us only experience mild neck pain that will usually resolve itself without the need for major treatment. However, a lot of other All Saints Village, MO neck pain patients are not so lucky. Up to 85% of people who have neck pain will experience at least one more recurrence of their pain within one to five years and 37% of neck pain patients develop chronic neck pain that persists beyond a year.
As such a common issue, it is clear that neck pain can happen to anyone in All Saints Village, MO. However, there are certain risk factors that make an individual more susceptible to neck pain. Some of these factors are:
- Occupation – Office workers, healthcare workers, and manual laborers are the occupations most likely to develop neck pain. However, when considering the relationship between occupations and neck pain, there is an even stronger relationship between individuals who suffer from neck pain and those whose work causes them stress and unhappiness, regardless of the industry or occupation.
- Weight – Because of the added stress on the joints and skeletal system and proportionately less muscle strength, overweight and obese individuals are at a higher risk for neck pain.
- Posture – There is a term for the poor posture so many of us spend so much time in: “text neck.” Poor posture is an obvious aggravator of neck and spine issues including neck pain. For every 15 degrees of forward bend in the neck, the strain on the cervical spine nearly doubles.
- Smoking – Smoking accelerate disc degeneration and cause pain in the neck, throughout the back, and in other joints.
- Stress – It is well-known that stress is hard on the body. Stress-related neck pain is more than merely carrying tension. The physiological stress response also enlarges blood vessels in the muscles, restricts neck and shoulder movement, and heightens the perception of pain.
Physical Therapy for Neck Pain in All Saints Village, MO
It is paramount that you seek out the proper treatment and care for your neck pain as soon as possible. Physical therapy is an accepted and popular treatment methods for patients suffering from neck pain. This is with good reason, as evidence supports it as a highly effective neck pain treatment strategy. Though in some cases more extensive medical treament beyond physical therapy might be required, physical therapy is a much safer choice than surgery or medication.
Physical therapy is an easily accessible, low-risk, non-invasive form of treatment that addresses the cause of your All Saints Village, MO neck pain. The knowledge and technical skill provided in physical therapy help patients heal safely and completely. All Saints Village, MO physical therapy makes use of hands-on manual therapies, exercise, and education. A treatment plan using a combination of these strategies helps you experience life without pain and regain complete range of motion. All Saints Village, MO physical therapy patients can also benefit by stretching and strengthening the muscles related to the neck, shoulder, shoulder blade, and core, all while introducing preventative adjustments that manage the risk of future pain or injury, such as postural training and changes to the work-station.
With a quality All Saints Village, MO physical therapy program designed to your individual neck condition and goals, you can soon enjoy restored mobility, flexibility, strength, and range of motion. At Axes Physical Therapy, the care we provide for your neck pain care near All Saints Village, MO will be tailored to the cause of your neck pain and your priorities for managing the condition. Your designated All Saints Village, MO physical therapist may design your neck pain treatment plan to include some of the following strategies:
- Stretching – stretches and exercises of the muscles surrounding the cervical spine increase strength and flexibity
- Core, shoulder, and back strengthening – conditioning to make stronger the muscles that support and stabilize the cervical spine and upper body, including those in the torso, shoulders, and scapular regions
- Aerobic activity – to encourage healthy blood flow and build body strength, low-impact cardiovascular exercise
- Traction – creating space between the vertebrae reduces pressure and allows inflamed and irritated nerves and discs to heal
- Postural correction – training and demonstration to develop better posture, using lumbar support and other assistive devices when appropriate
- Joint mobilization and manipulation – your physical therapist performs this manual therapy by manipulating specific joints to mimic normal joint and tissue movement, allowing for the gradual restoration of normal joint function and range of motion
- Trigger point dry needling – directly targeting irritated or strained muscle tissue areas releases and relaxes the irritated tissue, making it possible for the muscle to regain its range of motion
- Massage – releasing tension through the massage and hands-on manipulation of soft tissues
- Therapeutic modalities – things like ultrasound therapy and electrical nerve and muscle stimulation therapies can supplement other therapies
- Heat and ice – local application of heat and/or ice can manage pain and swelling
- Ergonomic modifications and devices – to prevent complication and further neck pain, support devices can be used for sleeping, sitting, working at a desk, etc
- Posture correction – training and education on proper posture to minimize the amount of pressure put on the neck, reduce pain, and avoid additional All Saints Village, MO neck pain issues
Neck Pain Symptoms
To truly understand the nature of your neck pain and formulate the most appropriate treatment plan in All Saints Village, MO, your Axes All Saints Village, MO physical therapist will examine, observe, and evaluate your condition. Pain, of course, is the primary indicator of neck pain. However, the spine is a brilliantly complex and versatile structure within the human body and the cervical spine, or the neck portion of the spine, is no exception. Different neck pain causes may manifest various symptoms and present certain types of pain.
Symptoms that can help diagnose the cause of your neck pain are:
- Numbness or tingling in the arms or hands
- Weakness in the arms
- Pain in the upper back, shoulders, arms, or hands
- Stiffness and mobility limitations
- Increased pain when sneezing, coughing, reaching, etc
- Comparatively limited range of motion
- Difficulty sleeping
- Symptoms of pain that occur at a certain period of the day, such as in the morning or before going to sleep at night
You may feel neck pain that you could describe with a word such as:
Your All Saints Village, MO physical therapist will work to understand the cause of your neck pain by asking you specific questions. They may also assess factors including strength, flexibility, range of motion, posture, and functional ability through an examination. Our goal as your All Saints Village, MO neck pain physical therapist is to gain as complete a picture as possible of your neck pain prior to beginning your treatment so that we can deliver the safest and most effective treatment available.
Care for your Neck Pain near All Saints Village, MO | Axes Physical Therapy
If you suffer from persistent or recurring neck pain, you are not alone. Axes understands the complex and pervasive nature of neck pain, which affects many of us in All Saints Village, MO and throughout the United States. We have what it takes to restore you to optimal health. Axes Physical Therapy offers convenient, safe, effective neck pain care near All Saints Village, MO provided by licensed physical therapists who specialize in the spine. Our patient-centered approach, dedicated care, and highly qualified staff make significant, long-term neck pain relief in All Saints Village, MO possible.
It is time for you to know the pain-free life you deserve–the one that allows you to do all the things you love without limitations. We have established a network of locally owned and operated physical therapy treatment facilities that provide safe and personalized neck pain care in the All Saints Village, MO area location of your choice. Discover the effect that Axes’ physical therapy care can have on your neck pain by starting a treatment program immediately. Reach us today or submit an appointment request online now.