Sports Injury Festus, MO. A sports injury can happen when you are playing a competitive sport, training, working out, playing recreationally or participating in other sorts of physical activity. You don’t have to be a professional athlete to experience a sports injury. Actually, most sports injuries happen to non-professional athletes. When you are injured in a sports or athletic-related event, our Festus, MO sports therapists can help you heal. Axes Physical Therapy has has fourteen locally owned and operated facilities, each with its own group of physical and occupational therapists. After you are injured while playing a sport, our team can treat your sports injury and safely return you to the sports you enjoy. Find out more about the Festus, MO sports injury treatment location most convenient for you, learn more about Axes and what makes us the leader in sports injury care in the Festus, MO area or contact us now to schedule an analysis of your sports injury with a certified physical or occupational therapist today.
Common Types of Sports Injury
Sports injuries vary greatly in terms of seriousness, necessary treatment and impact on the body and ability to keep active. Our Festus, MO physical and occupational therapists are specialists in treating all kinds of sports injuries. With decades of experience, extensive clinical training and education and specialization in various areas of sports injury treatment, you are in able hands when you trust your sports injury treatment to the Festus, MO physical therapists of Axes Physical Therapy. We will guide you in your recuperation and make sure that you are able to return to the sports and activities you enjoy quickly.
As skilled sports therapists serving all of Festus, MO, there are not many sports injuries we have not seen or successfully treated. Listed below are some of the some of the sports injuries we see the most of.
- Sprains – A sprain happens when a ligament is torn or overstretched.
- Strains – When a muscle or tendon is torn or overstretched, you have a strain, which are sometimes mistaken for a sprain. Both are common sports injuries.
- Tendonitis/Tendonosis – When a tendon suffers from overuse, it can cause swelling and become painful, limiting activity. Long term or chronic inflammation of a tendon can bring about degradation and breakdown of the tendon tissue, causing tendonitis.
- Inflamed joints or tissue – Inflammation is a common outcome of many sports injuries and can lead to soreness and weakness.
- Broken bones – Fractures are caused by overuse or trauma caused by an outside force, and can include stress fractures or a broken bone.
- Dislocations – A sports injury can force a bone out of its socket, dislocating it.
- Knee injuries – The knee is a major but potentially vulnerable joint that can be affected by a lot of different sports injuries bringing about torn ligaments, cartilage injuries, muscle strains, and fracture.
- Rotator cuff injuries – The rotator cuff is a network of muscles and tendons that prevents shoulder dislocations while still allowing your shoulder to move in all directions. Impingement and/ or tears are the most common rotator cuff sports injuries.
- Achilles tendon injuries – The Achilles tendon is an especially strong and flexible tendon connecting your calf to your heel. Tendonitis and ruptures are typical Achilles tendon injuries in active individuals.
- Shin splints – Shin splints are a sports injury that typically affects runners and basketball players. The muscles and tendons around the shin become swollen, causing soreness.
Our sports injury treatment team can help you recover from your sports injury. As an expert in movement and movement disorders, your Festus, MO sports therapist will apply their experience and knowledge toward your recovery. Utilizing evidence-based practices, we will implement a tailored treatment plan that will allow you to safely recover from your sports injury and return your strength and movement so that you can get back to the activities you love while preventing future injury.
If you suffer a sports injury, Axes Physical Therapy will work with you to restore you to optimal physical health and get you back to to your peak performance level. Work with a qualified Festus, MO physical therapist to heal from your sports injury today.
Sports Injury Risk Factors
Anyone. For that reason it is key to protect our bodies both on and off the field and to take the needed precautions while participating in sports or training. Remember to warm up before physical activity and never overwork your body, particularly if you’ve been inactive. And if you do experience a sports injury, call the Festus, MO sports therapy team at Axes Physical Therapy right away. We will guide you in you in your rehabilitation and return you to the physical activities you love as soon as possible.
You are at an increased risk of a sports injury if you:
- Play after an extended period of inactivity or poor level of fitness
- Neglect to stretch or warm up before playing
- Play a contact sport with an inherently higher chance of injury
Age also plays a factor in sports injuries, as younger children and the elderly are at higher risk. As someone who enjoys being active and who has loved ones that are more susceptible to sports injury, whether they are strapping on cleats for the first time or getting active again by joining the community pickleball league, review the basic recommendations for sports injury prevention to help keep yourself and your Festus, MO family safe from serious sports injuries. If you or a family member suffers a sports injury while being active, turn to the skilled Festus, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy right away for a complimentary injury screening or assessment of your injury.
Sports Injury Prevention
As an athlete or anyone who engages in physical activity, a sports injury can disrupt your entire schedule and your day-to-day life. Because physical activity is such a crucial facet of your health and wellness, sports injury physical therapists espouse the view that every one of us is safer with the proper sports injury prevention knowledge. Find out more about sports injury prevention by contacting one of our Festus, MO physical therapists and lower the risk of a sports injury by doing the following:
- Warm up
Inactive muscles have a heightened risk of tearing, while warmed up muscles are more flexible. As your muscles warm up, the flexibility allows them to absorb impacts more effectively and be more resilient against harsh, sudden movements that can otherwise cause injury.
- Use proper technique
Sports injuries frequently take place when you try to participate in a sport without any experience or training. Any athlete needs a large amount of practice to perfect the technical skills of any sport, but be sure to learn the fundamentals of appropriate movement technique before participating in a sport or activity. For example, knowing to bend your knees as you land from a jump can protect you from certain sports injuries to the ankle, knee, hip, and spine.
- Use the necessary equipment
It is essential that you use the appropriate equipment when being active. The equipment should not only be suitable for the sport, but also be working properly and safe to use. This includes the following:
- Safety gear such as helmets, pads, or safety goggles
- Clothing that fits you well and is designed for physical activity
- Footwear that is appropriate for the activity
- Play in safe conditions
In addition to having the appropriate equipment to play the sport, it is crucial that the Festus, MO location where you are playing is safe. A sports injury can occur when the surface of the court is wet and slippery or the turf is muddy. Even if you are cautious, warming up and stretching adequately before activity, unsafe conditions where you play can lead to a serious sports injury.
- Stay hydrated
Drinking enough water is a basic health practice that everyone should do. If you are engaging in physical activity, drink a lot of of water before, during, and after your workout. It is important to consistently hydrate during physical activity and afterward to replenish the fluids you have lost through perspiring.
In addition to staying hydrated, practicing good nutrition also reduces your chances of getting a sports injury.
As an athlete, one of your priorities should be eating a balanced diet of nutrient-rich foods and consuming the appropriate number of calories. Even when you take all the proper precautions and always exercise good judgment when playing a sport or being active, occasionally an injury is impossible to avoid. We cannot always control the world around us, and injuries are going to happen. If you suffer an acute sports injury or notice pain from an overuse injury, contact Axes’ Festus, MO sports therapists today. We will conduct an injury screening to understand the extent and severity of your condition and create a personalized treatment plan to get you back to health as soon as possible.
Therapy for Your Sports Injury: Axes Physical Therapy
As an athlete, we know that living with an activity-limiting injury is more than frustrating. In order to be able to get back to peak performance, mobility and strength you are used to, you must receive the right sports injury treatment. When you experience a sports injury, the qualified Festus, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy will work with you step-by-step to formulate an individualized treatment plan that will get you back on the court, in the gym or on your morning Festus, MO jog route as soon as possible.
Axes’ team of specialized Festus, MO sports therapists will successfully guide you in your rehabilitation from your sports injury. When treating a sports injury, it is vital to get proper care from a knowledgeable professional straight away. After you have been hurt while playing sports, contact Axes Physical Therapy right away. Our Festus, MO sports therapy team is ready to help return you to full strength and get you back to playing the sports you love. Find out more about our sports injury treatment services by selecting the Festus, MO location nearest you.