Sports Injury Concord, MO. A sports injury can take place when you are playing a sport competitively, training, working out, playing recreationally or participating in other sorts of physical activity. You don’t have to be a professional athlete to experience a sports injury. In reality, most sports injuries occur in non-professional athletes. When you are injured in a sports or athletic-related event, our Concord, MO sports therapists can help you recuperate. Axes Physical Therapy has has fourteen locally owned and operated facilities, each with its own group of physical and occupational therapists. After you are injured while playing a sport, our team can treat your sports injury and safely get you back to the activities you enjoy. Learn more about the Concord, MO sports injury treatment location most convenient for you, learn more about Axes and why we are the leader in sports injury care in the Concord, MO area or contact us now to schedule an analysis of your sports injury with a certified physical or occupational therapist today.
Common Types of Sports Injury
Sports injuries vary greatly in terms of seriousness, required treatment and impact on the body and ability to stay active. Our Concord, MO physical and occupational therapists specialize in treating all sorts of sports injuries. With decades of experience, extensive clinical training and education and specialization in various areas of sports injury treatment, you are in able hands when you trust your sports injury treatment to the Concord, MO physical therapists of Axes Physical Therapy. We will lead you through your recovery and ensure that you will be back to the sports and activities you enjoy quickly.
As accomplished sports therapists serving all of Concord, MO, there are not many sports injuries we have not seen or successfully treated. Below are some of the some of the sports injuries we see the most of.
- Sprains – A sprain happens when a ligament is torn or overstretched.
- Strains – When a tendon or muscle is torn or overstretched, you have a strain, which are sometimes mistaken for a sprain. Both are common sports injuries.
- Tendonitis/Tendonosis – When a tendon suffers from overuse, it can cause inflammation and become sore, limiting activity. Long term or chronic swelling of a tendon can result in degradation and breakdown of the tendon tissue, leading to tendonitis.
- Swollen joints or tissue – Swelling is a common outcome of many sports injuries and can lead to soreness and weakness.
- Broken bones – Fractures are caused by overuse or trauma caused by an outside force, and can include stress fractures or a broken bone.
- Dislocations – A sports injury can force a bone out of its socket, dislocating it.
- Knee injuries – The knee is an important but potentially vulnerable joint that can suffer from a variety of different sports injuries causing torn ligaments, cartilage injuries, muscle strains, and broken bones.
- Rotator cuff injuries – The rotator cuff is a network of muscles and tendons that prevents your arm from popping out of the shoulder socket while still allowing your shoulder to move in all directions. Impingement and/ or tears are the most common rotator cuff sports injuries.
- Achilles tendon injuries – The Achilles tendon is a very strong and flexible tendon which connects your calf to your heel. Tendonitis and ruptures are typical Achilles tendon injuries in active individuals.
- Shin splints – Shin splints are a sports injury that typically affects runners and basketball players. The muscles and tendons around the shin become swollen, causing soreness.
If you experience a sports injury, our sports injury treatment team can help. As an expert in motion and movement disorders, your Concord, MO sports therapist will employ their experience and expertise toward your recovery. Using evidence-based practices, we will implement a tailored treatment plan that will let you safely recover from your sports injury and return your strength and mobility so that you can get back to the sports you love while safeguarding against future injury.
If you have a sports injury, Axes Physical Therapy will work with you to restore you to favorable physical health and restore you to your maximum performance level. Work with a qualified Concord, MO physical therapist to heal from your sports injury today.
Sports Injury Risk Factors
Anyone. That is why it is vital to take care of our bodies both on and off the field and to take the requisite precautions while playing sports or working out. Warming up is always an important first step, and do not overexert yourself, particularly if you’ve been inactive. And if you do experience a sports injury, contact the Concord, MO sports therapy team at Axes Physical Therapy right away. We will guide you in you in your recovery and return you to the sports you love as soon as possible.
You have an increased risk of a sports injury if you:
- Participate after not being active for a while or poor level of fitness
- Do not stretch or warm up before playing
- Play a contact sport with a predictably higher chance of injury
Age also plays a factor in sports injuries, as younger children and the elderly are at higher risk. As someone who enjoys being active and who has family members that are more susceptible to sports injury, whether they are just now learning how to dribble or getting active again by tearing up the recreation center’s pickleball court, consider the basic recommendations for preventing sports injury to help keep yourself and your Concord, MO family safe from severe sports injuries. If you or a loved one suffers a sports injury while participating in a sport, turn to the experienced Concord, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy immediately for a free injury screening or evaluation of your injury.
Sports Injury Prevention
As an athlete or someone who is active, a sports injury can disrupt your entire routine and your day-to-day life. Due to physical activity being such a crucial element of your health and well-being, sports injury physical therapists promote the view that every one of us is safer with the proper sports injury prevention knowledge. Find out more about sports injury prevention by reaching out to one of our Concord, MO physical therapists and reduce the risk of a sports injury by doing the following:
- Warm up
Cold muscles have an increased chance of tearing, while warm muscles are more flexible. As you warm up your muscles, the flexibility lets them absorb movement more effectively and protect themselves better against jarring, sudden motions that can otherwise leads to injury.
- Use proper technique
Sports injuries commonly take place when you attempt to do an activity without any experience or training. Any athlete requires a large amount of practice to perfect the technical skills of any sport, but be sure to learn the fundamentals of appropriate movement technique before playing a sport or activity. For example, understanding how to bend your knees while you land from a jump can protect you from certain sports injuries to the ankle, knee, hip, and spine.
- Use the necessary equipment
It is essential that you use suitable equipment when you are active. The equipment should not only be right for the sport, but also be working properly and safe to use. This includes the following:
- Safety gear such as helmets, pads, or safety goggles
- Clothing that fits you well and is designed for physical activity
- Footwear that is right for the activity
- Play in a safe environment
Other than having the correct equipment to play the sport, it is crucial that the Concord, MO site where you are playing is safe. A sports injury can happen when the surface your are playing on is wet, slippery, or muddy. Even if you are cautious, warming up and stretching adequately before activity, hazardous conditions where you play can result in a serious sports injury.
- Stay hydrated
Drinking adequate water is a basic health practice that everyone should do. When practicing in physical activity, drink plenty of water before, during, and after your workout. It is vital to regularly hydrate while you are being active and afterward to replenish the water you have lost through sweating.
In addition to staying hydrated, practicing good nutrition also lowers your chances of experiencing a sports injury.
As an athlete, one of your first concerns should be eating a balanced diet of nutrient-rich foods and eating the appropriate number of calories. Even when you take all the proper precautions and always exercise good judgment when playing a sport or being active, every now and then an injury is inevitable. Many things are outside of our control, and injuries are going to happen. If you suffer a serious sports injury or notice pain from an overuse injury, contact Axes’ Concord, MO sports therapists today. We will conduct an injury screening to understand the extent and severity of your condition and design a tailor-made treatment plan to get you back to health as soon as possible.
Therapy for Your Sports Injury: Axes Physical Therapy
As someone who is active, we know that living with an activity-limiting injury is incredibly frustrating. In order to be able to get back to optimal performance, mobility and strength you had before, you must receive the right sports injury care. When you experience a sports injury, the knowledgeable Concord, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy will work closely with you to create an individualized treatment plan that will get you back on the court, in the gym or on your morning Concord, MO jog route as soon as possible.
Axes’ team of specialized Concord, MO sports therapists will successfully guide you in your recovery from your sports injury. When handling a sports injury, it is important to get proper treatment from a qualified professional immediately. When you have been injured while playing sports, contact Axes Physical Therapy right away. Our Concord, MO sports therapy team is ready to help return you to full strength and get you back to doing the activities you love. Discover more about our sports injury treatment services by selecting the Concord, MO location nearest you.