Sports Injury Wright City, MO. A sports injury can happen when you are playing a sport competitively, training, working out, playing recreationally or participating in other varieties of physical activity. You don’t have to be a professional athlete to experience a sports injury. In reality, most sports injuries occur in recreational athletes. When you are injured in a sports or athletic-related event, our Wright City, MO sports therapists can help you recover. Axes Physical Therapy has a network of physical and occupational therapists treating sports injuries at any of our fourteen locally owned and operated facilities. If you are injured while participating in physical activities, our team can treat your sports injury and safely return you to the activities you love. Find out more about the Wright City, MO sports injury treatment location most convenient for you, learn more about Axes and what makes us the leader in sports injury care in the Wright City, MO area or contact us now to schedule an analysis of your sports injury with a professional physical or occupational therapist today.
Common Types of Sports Injury
Sports injuries differ greatly in terms of seriousness, required treatment and impact on the body and ability to remain active. Our Wright City, MO physical and occupational therapists are specialists in treating all kinds of sports injuries. With decades of experience, exhaustive clinical training and education and specialization in various areas of sports injury treatment, you are in able hands when you trust your sports injury treatment to the Wright City, MO physical therapists of Axes Physical Therapy. We will guide you in your rehabilitation and ensure that you are able to return to the sports and activities you enjoy soon.
As accomplished sports therapists serving all of Wright City, MO, we have seen and successfully treated almost every kind of sports injury. Below are some of the most common sports injury conditions we work with.
- Sprains – A sprain occurs when a ligament is torn or overstretched.
- Strains – When a tendon or muscle is torn or overstretched, you suffer a strain, which are sometimes mistaken for a sprain. Both are common sports injuries.
- Tendonitis/Tendonosis – When a tendon suffers from overuse, it can cause swelling and become sore, prohibiting activity. Long term or chronic swelling of a tendon can cause degradation and breakdown of the tendon tissue, resulting in tendonitis.
- Swollen joints or tissue – Swelling is a common consequence of many sports injuries and can result in soreness and weakness.
- Broken bones – Overuse and force from accidents can cause fractures, including stress fractures or a broken bone.
- Dislocations – A dislocation sports injury occurs when a bone is pushed out of its socket.
- Knee injuries – The knee is an important but potentially vulnerable joint that can be affected by a variety of different sports injuries resulting in torn ligaments, cartilage injuries, muscle strains, and broken bones.
- Rotator cuff injuries – The rotator cuff is a group of muscles and tendons that disallows your arm from popping out of the shoulder socket while still allowing your shoulder to move in all directions. For the rotator cuff, the highest sports injury risks come from impingement and/or rotator cuff tear.
- Achilles tendon injuries – The Achilles tendon is a tremendously strong and flexible tendon which connects your calf to your heel. Tendonitis and ruptures are typical Achilles tendon injuries in active individuals.
- Shin splints – Shin splints are a sports injury that is most common in runners and basketball players. The muscles and tendons around the shin become swollen, causing soreness.
If you suffer a sports injury, our sports injury treatment team can help. As an expert in movement and movement disorders, your Wright City, MO sports therapist will use their experience and expertise toward your recovery. Utilizing evidence-based practices, we will create a tailored treatment plan that will permit you to safely recuperate from your sports injury and bring back your strength and mobility so that you can get back to the activities you love while preventing future injury.
If you suffer a sports injury, Axes Physical Therapy will work with you to restore you to optimal physical health and restore you to your maximum performance level. Work with a qualified Wright City, MO physical therapist to recuperate from your sports injury today.
Sports Injury Risk Factors
Anyone. For that reason it is vital to look after our bodies both on and off the field and to take the requisite precautions while participating in sports or training. Remember to warm up before physical activity and do not overexert yourself, especially if you’ve been inactive. And if you do experience a sports injury, get in touch with the Wright City, MO sports therapy team at Axes Physical Therapy right away. We will lead you through you in your recovery and return you to the sports you love as soon as possible.
You have an increased risk of a sports injury if you:
- Participate after not being active for a while or poor level of fitness
- Do not stretch or warm up before playing
- Play a contact sport with a predictably higher prospect of injury
Age also plays a factor in sports injuries, as younger children and the elderly are at higher risk. As someone who enjoys being active and who has loved ones that are at a higher risk of sports injury, whether they are strapping on cleats for the first time or getting active again by tearing up the recreation center’s pickleball court, review the basic instructions for preventing sports injury to help keep yourself and your Wright City, MO family safe from serious sports injuries. If you or someone you love suffers a sports injury while playing a sport, trust in the skilled Wright City, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy right away for a complimentary injury screening or analysis of your injury.
Sports Injury Prevention
As an athlete or anyone who is active, a sports injury can disrupt your entire schedule and your daily life. As physical activity is such a important aspect of your health and wellness, sports injury physical therapists champion the view that every one of us is safer with the proper sports injury prevention knowledge. Learn more about sports injury prevention by contacting one of our Wright City, MO physical therapists and minimize the risk of a sports injury by doing the following:
- Warm up
Cold muscles are at a higher chance of tearing, while warmed up muscles are more flexible. As you warm up your muscles, the flexibility allows them to absorb force more easily and defend themselves better against jarring, sudden movements that can otherwise result in injury.
- Use proper technique
Sports injuries frequently happen when you try to participate in a sport without any experience or training. You need a large amount of practice to perfect the technical aspects of any sport, but be sure to learn the fundamentals of proper movement technique before playing a sport or activity. For example, knowing to bend your knees when you land from a jump can protect you from certain sports injuries to the ankle, knee, hip, and spine.
- Use the necessary equipment
It is crucial that you use the appropriate equipment while you are active. The equipment should not only be right for the sport, but also be working properly and safe to use. Some examples of equipment are:
- Safety gear such as helmets, pads, or safety glasses
- Clothing that fits you well and is designed for physical activity
- Footwear that is suitable for the activity
- Play in safe conditions
Other than having the appropriate gear to play the sport, it is important that the Wright City, MO site where you are playing is safe. A sports injury can happen when the playing surface is wet, slippery, or muddy. Even if you are alert, warming up and stretching adequately before activity, unsafe conditions where you play can lead to a serious sports injury.
- Stay hydrated
Drinking adequate water is a basic health practice that everyone should do. If you are engaging in physical activity, drink a lot of of water before, during, and after your workout. It is crucial to regularly hydrate during physical activity and afterward to replenish the water that you lost through perspiration.
In addition to drinking sufficient water, practicing good nutrition also reduces your risk of a sports injury.
As an athlete, one of your first concerns should be eating a balanced diet of nutrient-rich foods and getting the appropriate number of calories. Even with precautionary measures and practicing good judgement when participating in a sport or being active, at times an injury is unavoidable. Many things are outside of our control, and injuries are going to happen. If you suffer an acute sports injury or notice pain from an overuse injury, contact Axes’ Wright City, MO sports therapists today. We will conduct an injury screening to understand the extent and severity of your condition and develop a personalized treatment plan to get you back to health as soon as possible.
Therapy for Your Sports Injury: Axes Physical Therapy
As an athlete, we know that living with an injury that prohibits you from physical activity is more than frustrating. In order to be able to get back to optimal performance, mobility and strength you had before, you must receive the right sports injury care. When you experience a sports injury, the qualified Wright City, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy will work with you step-by-step to formulate an individualized treatment plan that will get you back on the court, in the gym or on your morning Wright City, MO jog route as soon as possible.
Axes’ team of specialized Wright City, MO sports therapists will successfully guide you in your recovery from your sports injury. When treating a sports injury, it is vital to get proper treatment from a knowledgeable professional straight away. After you have been hurt while playing sports, contact Axes Physical Therapy right away. Our Wright City, MO sports therapy team is ready to help return you to full strength and get you back to playing the sports you love. Learn more about our sports injury treatment services by selecting the Wright City, MO location nearest you.