Sports Injury Schluersburg, MO. A sports injury can happen when you are playing a sport competitively, training, working out, playing recreationally or participating in other types of physical activity. Professional athletes aren’t the only people who can experience a sports injury. In reality, most sports injuries happen to non-professional athletes. When you are injured in a sports or athletic-related event, our Schluersburg, MO sports therapists can help you heal. Axes Physical Therapy has has fourteen locally owned and operated facilities, each with its own group of physical and occupational therapists. After you are injured while playing a sport, our team can treat your sports injury and safely return you to the sports you love. Discover the Schluersburg, MO sports injury treatment location most convenient for you, learn more about Axes and why we are the leader in sports injury treatment in the Schluersburg, MO area or contact us now to schedule an assessment of your sports injury with a professional physical or occupational therapist today.
Common Types of Sports Injury
Sports injuries vary widely in terms of seriousness, required treatment and effect on the body and ability to remain active. Our Schluersburg, MO physical and occupational therapists specialize in treating all forms of sports injuries. With decades of experience, extensive clinical training and education and specialization in various areas of sports injury treatment, you are in trustworthy hands when you trust your sports injury treatment to the Schluersburg, MO physical therapists of Axes Physical Therapy. We will lead you through your recovery and make sure that you will be back to the sports and activities you enjoy in no time.
As skillful sports therapists serving all of Schluersburg, MO, we have seen and successfully treated almost every type of sports injury. Listed below are some of the some of the sports injuries we see the most of.
- Sprains – A sprain happens when a ligament is torn or overstretched.
- Strains – When a tendon or muscle is torn or overstretched, you suffer a strain, which can often be mistaken for a sprain. Both are common sports injuries.
- Tendonitis/Tendonosis – When a tendon is overused, it can cause swelling and become painful, limiting activity. Long term or chronic inflammation of a tendon can cause degradation and breakdown of the tendon tissue, causing tendonitis.
- Swollen joints or tissue – Swelling is a common reaction to many sports injuries and can result in soreness and weakness.
- Broken bones – Overuse and trauma from accidents can cause fractures, including stress fractures or a broken bone.
- Dislocations – A dislocation sports injury happens when a bone is pushed out of its socket.
- Knee injuries – The knee is a vital but potentially vulnerable joint that can suffer from a variety of different sports injuries leading to torn ligaments, cartilage injuries, muscle strains, and fracture.
- Rotator cuff injuries – The rotator cuff is a network of muscles and tendons that prohibits your arm from popping out of the shoulder socket while still allowing your shoulder to move in all directions. For the rotator cuff, the highest sports injury risks come from impingement and/or rotator cuff tear.
- Achilles tendon injuries – The Achilles tendon is a particularly strong and flexible tendon connecting your calf to your heel. Tendonitis and ruptures are typical Achilles tendon injuries in active individuals.
- Shin splints – Shin splints are a sports injury that is most common in runners and basketball players. The muscles and tendons around the shin become inflamed, causing pain.
If you have a sports injury, our sports injury treatment team can help. As an expert in movement and movement disorders, your Schluersburg, MO sports therapist will employ their experience and knowledge toward your recovery. Applying evidence-based practices, we will create a tailored treatment plan that will allow you to safely rehabilitate from your sports injury and return your strength and mobility so that you can get back to the sports you love while protecting against future injury.
If you have a sports injury, Axes Physical Therapy will work with you to return you to optimal physical health and restore you to your peak performance level. Work with a qualified Schluersburg, MO physical therapist to recover from your sports injury today.
Sports Injury Risk Factors
Anyone. That is why it is key to protect our bodies both on and off the field and to take the requisite precautions while participating in sports or working out. Warming up is always an important first step, and never overwork your body, particularly if you haven’t been active. And if you do experience a sports injury, call the Schluersburg, MO sports therapy team at Axes Physical Therapy right away. We will lead you through you in your recovery and get you back to the sports you love as soon as possible.
You are at an increased risk of a sports injury if you:
- Participate after not being active for a while or poor level of fitness
- Do not stretch or warm up before playing
- Play a contact sport with a predictably higher prospect of injury
Age also plays a factor in sports injuries, as younger children and the elderly are at higher risk. As someone who enjoys being active and who has family members that are more susceptible to sports injury, whether they are strapping on cleats for the first time or getting active again by tearing up the recreation center’s pickleball court, keep in mind the basic recommendations for preventing sports injury to help keep yourself and your Schluersburg, MO family safe from serious sports injuries. If you or a family member suffers a sports injury while participating in a sport, trust in the talented Schluersburg, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy today for a free injury screening or evaluation of your injury.
Sports Injury Prevention
As an athlete or anyone who engages in physical activity, a sports injury can upset your whole schedule and your daily life. Due to physical activity being such a crucial aspect of your health and wellness, sports injury physical therapists espouse the view that we all are safer with the right sports injury prevention knowledge. Discover more about sports injury prevention by reaching out to one of our Schluersburg, MO physical therapists and lower the risk of a sports injury by doing the following:
- Warm up
Cold muscles are at a heightened risk of tearing, while warm muscles have more flexibility. As you warm up your muscles, the flexibility helps them absorb force more easily and be more resilient against jarring, sudden movements that can otherwise cause injury.
- Use proper technique
Sports injuries often happen when you try to do an activity without any experience or training. You need a great deal of practice to perfect the technical skills of any sport, but be sure to learn the foundations of appropriate movement technique before participating in a sport or activity. For example, understanding how to bend your knees while you land from a jump can protect you from certain sports injuries to the ankle, knee, hip, and spine.
- Use the necessary equipment
It is essential that you use the right equipment while being active. The equipment should not only be suitable for the sport, but also be in good condition and safe to use. This includes the following:
- Safety gear such as helmets, pads, or safety glasses
- Clothing that fits you well and is designed for physical activity
- Footwear that is right for the activity
- Play in a safe environment
In addition to having the proper equipment to play the sport, it is important that the Schluersburg, MO site where you are playing is safe. A sports injury can occur when the surface of the court is wet and slippery or the turf is muddy. Even if you are cautious, warming up and stretching adequately before activity, dangerous conditions where you play can lead to a serious sports injury.
- Stay hydrated
Drinking sufficient water is a basic health practice that everyone should do. If you are practicing in physical activity, drink a lot of of water before, during, and after your workout. It is vital to consistently hydrate during physical activity and afterward to replace the water that you lost through sweating.
In addition to drinking sufficient water, practicing good nutrition also lessens your chances of experiencing a sports injury.
As an athlete, one of your first concerns should be eating a balanced diet of nutrient-rich foods and consuming the correct number of calories. Even with precautionary measures and practicing good judgement when playing a sport or physical activity, every now and then an injury is impossible to avoid. We cannot always control the world around us, and injuries are part of being an athlete. If you have a serious sports injury or notice pain from an overuse injury, contact Axes’ Schluersburg, MO sports therapists today. We will take you through an injury screening to understand the extent and severity of your condition and put together a tailored treatment plan to return you to health as soon as possible.
Therapy for Your Sports Injury: Axes Physical Therapy
As someone who is active, we know that living with an injury that prohibits you from physical activity is frustrating to say the least. In order to be able to get back to the level of performance, mobility and strength you had before, you must receive the right sports injury care. When you suffer a sports injury, the experienced Schluersburg, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy will work closely with you to implement an individualized treatment plan that will get you back on the court, in the gym or on your morning Schluersburg, MO jog route as soon as possible.
Axes’ team of specialized Schluersburg, MO sports therapists will successfully guide you in your rehabilitation from your sports injury. When managing a sports injury, it is important to get proper care from a qualified professional immediately. When you have been injured while being active, contact Axes Physical Therapy right away. Our Schluersburg, MO sports therapy team is ready to help return you to full strength and get you back to doing the activities you love. Find out more about our sports injury treatment services by selecting the Schluersburg, MO location nearest you.