Sports Injury Windsor Springs, MO. A sports injury can take place when you are playing a sport competitively, training, working out, playing recreationally or participating in other types of physical activity. Professional athletes aren’t the only people who can experience a sports injury. In reality, the majority of sports injuries happen to non-professional athletes. When you are injured in a sports or athletic-related event, our Windsor Springs, MO sports therapists can help you heal. Axes Physical Therapy has has fourteen locally owned and operated facilities, each with its own group of physical and occupational therapists. When you are injured while playing a sport, our team can treat your sports injury and safely return you to the activities you enjoy. Find out more about the Windsor Springs, MO sports injury treatment location closest you, learn more about Axes and why we are the leader in sports injury treatment in the Windsor Springs, MO area or contact us now to schedule an assessment of your sports injury with a qualified physical or occupational therapist today.
Common Types of Sports Injury
Sports injuries differ greatly in terms of seriousness, needed treatment and impact on the body and ability to remain active. Our Windsor Springs, MO physical and occupational therapists are specialists in treating all varieties of sports injuries. With decades of experience, extensive clinical training and education and specialization in various areas of sports injury treatment, you are in able hands when you trust your sports injury treatment to the Windsor Springs, MO physical therapists of Axes Physical Therapy. We will guide you in your rehabilitation and make sure that you are able to return to the sports and activities you enjoy soon.
As skillful sports therapists serving all of Windsor Springs, MO, there are few sports injuries we have not seen or successfully treated. Below are some of the most common sports injury conditions we work with.
- Sprains – A sprain happens when a ligament is torn or overstretched.
- Strains – When a tendon or muscle is torn or overstretched, you suffer a strain, which are sometimes mistaken for a sprain. Both are common sports injuries.
- Tendonitis/Tendonosis – When a tendon suffers from overuse, it can cause swelling and become painful, restricting activity. Long term or chronic inflammation of a tendon can cause degradation and breakdown of the tendon tissue, causing tendonitis.
- Inflamed joints or tissue – Inflammation is a common outcome of a lot of sports injuries and can lead to pain and weakness.
- Broken bones – Fractures are caused by overuse or trauma caused by an outside force, and can include stress fractures or a broken bone.
- Dislocations – A dislocation sports injury takes place when a bone is forced out of its socket.
- Knee injuries – The knee is an important but potentially at-risk joint that can suffer from a lot of different sports injuries causing torn ligaments, cartilage injuries, muscle strains, and fracture.
- Rotator cuff injuries – The rotator cuff is a group of muscles and tendons that impedes your arm from popping out of the shoulder socket while still allowing full range of motion. For the rotator cuff, the highest sports injury risks come from impingement and/or rotator cuff tear.
- Achilles tendon injuries – The Achilles tendon is a very strong and flexible tendon which connects your calf to your heel. Tendonitis and ruptures are common Achilles tendon injuries in active individuals.
- Shin splints – Shin splints are a sports injury that is most common in runners and basketball players. The muscles and tendons around the shin become inflamed, causing pain.
Our sports injury treatment team can help you recover from your sports injury. As an expert in movement and movement disorders, your Windsor Springs, MO sports therapist will apply their experience and knowledge toward your recovery. Using evidence-based practices, we will implement a tailored treatment plan that will permit you to safely recuperate from your sports injury and return your strength and movement so that you can get back to the activities you love while safeguarding against future injury.
If you have a sports injury, Axes Physical Therapy will work with you to restore you to favorable physical health and return you to your optimum performance level. Work with a qualified Windsor Springs, MO physical therapist to heal from your sports injury today.
Sports Injury Risk Factors
A sports injury happen to anyone who is being active or playing. For that reason it is of utmost importance to look after our bodies both on and off the field and to take the needed precautions while participating in sports or working out. Warming up is always an important first step, and do not overwork your body, especially if you’ve been inactive. And if you do suffer a sports injury, get in touch with the Windsor Springs, MO sports therapy team at Axes Physical Therapy right away. We will lead you through you in your recovery and get you back to the physical activities you love as soon as possible.
You have a heightened risk of a sports injury if you:
- Play after an extended period of inactivity or poor level of fitness
- Do not stretch or warm up before playing
- Play a contact sport with an inherently higher chance of injury
Age also plays a factor in sports injuries, as younger children and the elderly are at higher risk. As someone who enjoys being active and who has loved ones that are at a higher risk of sports injury, whether they are strapping on cleats for the first time or getting active again by tearing up the recreation center’s pickleball court, review the basic guidelines for preventing sports injury to help keep yourself and your Windsor Springs, MO family safe from severe sports injuries. If you or a family member suffers a sports injury while being active, turn to the talented Windsor Springs, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy today for a complimentary injury screening or assessment of your injury.
Sports Injury Prevention
As an athlete or anyone who engages in physical activity, a sports injury can disrupt your whole schedule and your daily life. Due to physical activity being such a vital aspect of your health and wellness, sports injury physical therapists promote the view that we all are safer with the proper sports injury prevention knowledge. Find out more about sports injury prevention by calling one of our Windsor Springs, MO physical therapists and lower the risk of a sports injury by doing the following:
- Warm up
Cold muscles have a heightened risk of tearing, while warm muscles have more flexibility. As you warm up your muscles, the flexibility lets them absorb impacts more easily and be more resilient against jarring, sudden motions that can otherwise cause injury.
- Use proper technique
Sports injuries frequently occur when you try to participate in a sport without any experience or training. Any athlete needs a great deal of practice to perfect the technical skills of any sport, but be sure to learn the foundations of appropriate movement technique before participating in a sport or activity. For example, knowing to bend your knees as you land from a jump can protect you from certain sports injuries to the ankle, knee, hip, and spine.
- Use the necessary equipment
It is crucial that you use suitable equipment while you are active. The equipment should not only be correct for the sport, but also be in good condition and safe to use. Some examples of equipment are:
- Safety gear such as helmets, pads, or safety glasses
- Clothing that fits you well and is designed for physical activity
- Footwear that is appropriate for the activity
- Play in a safe environment
Other than having the appropriate gear to play the sport, it is crucial that the Windsor Springs, MO setting where you are playing is safe. A sports injury can occur when the surface your are playing on is wet, slippery, or muddy. Even if you are alert, warming up and stretching adequately before activity, hazardous conditions where you play can lead to a serious sports injury.
- Stay hydrated
Drinking enough water is a basic health practice that everyone should do. When engaging in physical activity, drink plenty of water before, during, and after your workout. It is vital to consistently hydrate during physical activity and afterward to replenish the water you have lost through sweat.
In addition to staying hydrated, practicing good nutrition also lessens your risk of a sports injury.
As an athlete, one of your priorities should be eating a balanced diet of nutrient-rich foods and receiving the appropriate number of calories. Even when you take all the proper precautions and always exercise good judgment when participating in a sport or physical activity, sometimes an injury is not preventable. We cannot always control the world around us, and injuries are part of being an athlete. If you suffer an acute sports injury or notice pain from an overuse injury, contact Axes’ Windsor Springs, MO sports therapists today. We will take you through an injury screening to understand the extent and severity of your condition and put together a personalized treatment plan to restore you to health as soon as possible.
Therapy for Your Sports Injury: Axes Physical Therapy
As an athlete, we know that living with an activity-limiting injury is more than frustrating. In order to be able to get back to optimal performance, mobility and strength you are used to, you must receive the right sports injury treatment. When you experience a sports injury, the experienced Windsor Springs, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy will work closely with you to formulate an individualized treatment plan that will get you back on the court, in the gym or on your morning Windsor Springs, MO jog route as soon as possible.
Axes’ team of specialized Windsor Springs, MO sports therapists will successfully guide you in your rehabilitation from your sports injury. When treating a sports injury, it is vital to get proper treatment from a skilled professional immediately. After you have been hurt while being active, contact Axes Physical Therapy right away. Our Windsor Springs, MO sports therapy team is ready to help get you back to full strength and get you back to playing the sports you love. Find out more about our sports injury treatment services by selecting the Windsor Springs, MO location nearest you.