Sports Injury Hematite, MO. A sports injury can occur when you are playing a sport competitively, training, working out, playing recreationally or participating in other sorts of physical activity. Professional athletes aren’t the only people who can experience a sports injury. In fact, most sports injuries occur in non-professional athletes. When you are injured in a sports or athletic-related event, our Hematite, MO sports therapists can help you heal. Axes Physical Therapy has has fourteen locally owned and operated facilities, each with its own group of physical and occupational therapists. After you are injured while participating in physical activities, our team can treat your sports injury and safely return you to the sports you love. Learn more about the Hematite, MO sports injury treatment location closest you, learn more about Axes and why we are the leader in sports injury care in the Hematite, MO area or contact us now to schedule an evaluation of your sports injury with a qualified physical or occupational therapist today.
Common Types of Sports Injury
Sports injuries differ greatly in terms of seriousness, needed treatment and effect on the body and ability to keep active. Our Hematite, MO physical and occupational therapists are specialists in treating all sorts of sports injuries. With decades of experience, extensive clinical training and education and specialization in various areas of sports injury treatment, you are in able hands when you trust your sports injury treatment to the Hematite, MO physical therapists of Axes Physical Therapy. We will guide you in your rehabilitation and ensure that you will be back to the sports and activities you love quickly.
As skillful sports therapists serving all of Hematite, MO, there are few sports injuries we have not seen or successfully treated. Below are some of the some of the sports injuries we see the most of.
- Sprains – A sprain occurs when a ligament is torn or overstretched.
- Strains – When a tendon or muscle is torn or overstretched, you have a strain, which are sometimes mistaken for a sprain. Both are common sports injuries.
- Tendonitis/Tendonosis – When a tendon suffers from overuse, it can cause inflammation and become painful, limiting activity. Long term or chronic inflammation of a tendon can bring about degradation and breakdown of the tendon tissue, resulting in tendonitis.
- Inflamed joints or tissue – Swelling is a common consequence of many sports injuries and can result in soreness and weakness.
- Broken bones – Fractures are caused by overuse or trauma caused by an outside force, and can include stress fractures or a broken bone.
- Dislocations – A sports injury can force a bone out of its socket, dislocating it.
- Knee injuries – The knee is a vital but potentially at-risk joint that can suffer from a number of different sports injuries bringing about torn ligaments, cartilage injuries, muscle strains, and broken bones.
- Rotator cuff injuries – The rotator cuff is a group of muscles and tendons that impedes your arm from popping out of the shoulder socket while still allowing full range of motion. Impingement and/ or tears are the most common rotator cuff sports injuries.
- Achilles tendon injuries – The Achilles tendon is a very strong and flexible tendon connecting your calf to your heel. Tendonitis and ruptures are typical Achilles tendon injuries in active individuals.
- Shin splints – Shin splints are a sports injury that is most common in runners and basketball players. The muscles and tendons around the shin become inflamed, causing soreness.
If you experience a sports injury, our sports injury treatment team can help. As an expert in motion and movement disorders, your Hematite, MO sports therapist will employ their experience and knowledge toward your recovery. Utilizing evidence-based practices, we will design a tailored treatment plan that will permit you to safely recuperate from your sports injury and bring back your strength and movement so that you can get back to the sports you love while safeguarding against future injury.
If you have a sports injury, Axes Physical Therapy will work with you to restore you to favorable physical health and get you back to to your peak performance level. Work with a qualified Hematite, MO physical therapist to rehabilitate from your sports injury today.
Sports Injury Risk Factors
Anybody can experience a sports injury while being active. That is why it is vital to take care of our bodies both on and off the field and to take the needed precautions while playing sports or training. Remember to warm up before physical activity and do not overwork your body, especially if you haven’t been active. And if you do experience a sports injury, get in touch with the Hematite, MO sports therapy team at Axes Physical Therapy right away. We will lead you through you in your rehabilitation and return you to the sports you love as soon as possible.
You have a heightened risk of a sports injury if you:
- Participate after an extended period of inactivity or poor level of fitness
- Neglect to stretch or warm up before playing
- Play a contact sport with an inherently higher chance of injury
Young children and older adults are also at a higher risk of experiencing a sports injury. As someone who enjoys being active and who has family members that are more susceptible to sports injury, whether they are just now learning how to dribble or getting active again by tearing up the recreation center’s pickleball court, consider the basic guidelines for preventing sports injury to help keep yourself and your Hematite, MO family safe from severe sports injuries. If you or someone you you know suffers a sports injury while participating in a sport, turn to the skilled Hematite, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy right away for a complimentary injury screening or analysis of your injury.
Sports Injury Prevention
As an athlete or someone who engages in physical activity, a sports injury can upset your entire routine and your daily life. Because physical activity is such a crucial part of your health and wellness, sports injury physical therapists espouse the belief that we all are safer with the proper sports injury prevention knowledge. Discover more about sports injury prevention by speaking to one of our Hematite, MO physical therapists and lessen the risk of a sports injury by doing the following:
- Warm up
Inactive muscles are at a higher chance of tearing, while warmed up muscles are more flexible. As you warm up your muscles, the flexibility allows them to absorb force more effectively and be more resilient against harsh, sudden movements that can otherwise cause injury.
- Use proper technique
Sports injuries commonly happen when you attempt to do an activity without any experience or training. You need a lot of practice to perfect the technical skills of any sport, but be sure to learn the fundamentals of appropriate movement technique before taking part in a sport or activity. For example, knowing to bend your knees while you land from a jump can protect you from certain sports injuries to the ankle, knee, hip, and spine.
- Use the necessary equipment
It is essential that you use the right equipment when you are active. The equipment should not only be right for the sport, but also be working properly and safe to use. Some examples of equipment are:
- Safety gear such as helmets, pads, or safety goggles
- Clothing that fits you well and is designed for physical activity
- Footwear that is appropriate for the activity
- Play in a safe environment
Other than using the appropriate gear to play the sport, it is crucial that the Hematite, MO site where you are playing is safe. A sports injury can occur when the playing surface is wet, slippery, or muddy. Even if you are cautious, warming up and stretching adequately before activity, dangerous conditions where you play can lead to a serious sports injury.
- Stay hydrated
Drinking adequate water is a fundamental health practice that everyone should do. When engaging in physical activity, drink plenty of water before, during, and after your workout. It is crucial to constantly hydrate during physical activity and afterward to replenish the water that you lost through perspiring.
In addition to staying hydrated, practicing good nutrition also decreases your risk of a sports injury.
As an athlete, one of your first concerns should be eating a balanced diet of nutrient-rich foods and eating the correct number of calories. Even when you take all the proper precautions and always exercise good judgment when participating in a sport or physical activity, at times an injury is impossible to avoid. We cannot always control the world around us, and injuries are part of being an athlete. If you have a severe sports injury or notice pain from an overuse injury, contact Axes’ Hematite, MO sports therapists immediately. We will perform an injury screening to understand the extent and severity of your condition and design a custom treatment plan to get you back to health as soon as possible.
Therapy for Your Sports Injury: Axes Physical Therapy
As someone who is active, we know that living with an injury that prohibits you from physical activity is frustrating to say the least. In order to be able to get back to the level of performance, mobility and strength you are used to, you must receive the right sports injury treatment. When you suffer a sports injury, the skilled Hematite, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy will work closely with you to formulate an individualized treatment plan that will get you back on the court, in the gym or on your morning Hematite, MO jog route as soon as possible.
Axes’ team of specialized Hematite, MO sports therapists will successfully guide you in your recuperation from your sports injury. When treating a sports injury, it is crucial to get proper care from a qualified professional immediately. After you have been injured while being active, contact Axes Physical Therapy right away. Our Hematite, MO sports therapy team is ready to help return you to full strength and get you back to doing the activities you love. Learn more about our sports injury treatment services by selecting the Hematite, MO location nearest you.