Sports Injury Mackenzie, MO. A sports injury can take place when you are playing a competitive sport, training, working out, playing recreationally or participating in other forms of physical activity. Professional athletes aren’t the only people who can experience a sports injury. In reality, the majority of sports injuries occur in recreational athletes. When you are injured in a sports or athletic-related event, our Mackenzie, MO sports therapists can help you heal. Axes Physical Therapy has a network of physical and occupational therapists treating sports injuries at any of our fourteen locally owned and operated facilities. If you are injured while playing a sport, our team can treat your sports injury and safely return you to the activities you love. Learn more about the Mackenzie, MO sports injury treatment location most convenient for you, learn more about Axes and why we are the leader in sports injury care in the Mackenzie, MO area or contact us now to schedule an analysis of your sports injury with a certified physical or occupational therapist today.
Common Types of Sports Injury
Sports injuries differ immensely in terms of seriousness, required treatment and effect on the body and ability to remain active. Our Mackenzie, MO physical and occupational therapists are specialists in treating all varieties of sports injuries. With decades of experience, exhaustive clinical training and education and specialization in various areas of sports injury treatment, you are in able hands when you trust your sports injury treatment to the Mackenzie, MO physical therapists of Axes Physical Therapy. We will lead you through your rehabilitation and make certain that you will be back to the sports and activities you love soon.
As experienced sports therapists serving all of Mackenzie, MO, there are not many sports injuries we have not seen or successfully treated. The following are some of the most common sports injury conditions we work with.
- Sprains – A sprain occurs when a ligament is torn or overstretched.
- Strains – When a tendon or muscle is torn or overstretched, you have a strain, which are sometimes mistaken for a sprain. Both are common sports injuries.
- Tendonitis/Tendonosis – When a tendon suffers from overuse, it can become inflamed and painful, limiting activity. Long term or chronic swelling of a tendon can result in degradation and breakdown of the tendon tissue, causing tendonitis.
- Swollen joints or tissue – Swelling is a common reaction to many sports injuries and can cause soreness and weakness.
- Broken bones – Fractures are caused by overuse or trauma caused by an outside force, and can include stress fractures or a broken bone.
- Dislocations – A sports injury can force a bone out of its socket, dislocating it.
- Knee injuries – The knee is a vital but potentially at-risk joint that can suffer from many different sports injuries bringing about torn ligaments, cartilage injuries, muscle strains, and fracture.
- Rotator cuff injuries – The muscles responsible for allowing your shoulder to move in all directions while keeping it in place make up the rotator cuff. For the rotator cuff, the highest sports injury risks come from impingement and/or rotator cuff tear.
- Achilles tendon injuries – The Achilles tendon is an especially strong and flexible tendon which connects your calf to your heel. Tendonitis and ruptures are typical Achilles tendon injuries in active individuals.
- Shin splints – Shin splints are a sports injury that is most common in runners and basketball players. The muscles and tendons around the shin become swollen, causing soreness.
If you suffer a sports injury, our sports injury treatment team can help. As an expert in motion and movement disorders, your Mackenzie, MO sports therapist will apply their experience and knowledge toward your recovery. Utilizing evidence-based practices, we will implement a tailored treatment plan that will permit you to safely rehabilitate from your sports injury and return your strength and mobility so that you can get back to the activities you love while preventing future injury.
If you experience a sports injury, Axes Physical Therapy will work with you to restore you to optimal physical health and return you to your optimum performance level. Work with a qualified Mackenzie, MO physical therapist to recuperate from your sports injury today.
Sports Injury Risk Factors
Anybody can experience a sports injury while being active. For that reason it is vital to look after our bodies both on and off the field and to take the requisite precautions while participating in sports or working out. Warming up is always an important first step, and never overexert yourself, particularly if you’ve been inactive. And if you do suffer a sports injury, contact the Mackenzie, MO sports therapy team at Axes Physical Therapy right away. We will guide you in you in your recovery and get you back to the physical activities you love as soon as possible.
You are at an increased risk of a sports injury if you:
- Participate after not being active for a while or poor level of fitness
- Do not stretch or warm up before playing
- Play a contact sport with an inherently higher prospect of injury
Age also plays a factor in sports injuries, as younger children and the elderly are at higher risk. As someone who enjoys being active and who has loved ones that are at a higher risk of sports injury, whether they are just starting out in t-ball or getting active again by tearing up the recreation center’s pickleball court, review the basic strategies for preventing sports injury to help keep yourself and your Mackenzie, MO family safe from serious sports injuries. If you or someone you love suffers a sports injury while being active, trust in the experienced Mackenzie, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy today for a complimentary injury screening or assessment of your injury.
Sports Injury Prevention
As an athlete or someone who is active, a sports injury can disrupt your whole routine and your day-to-day life. Because physical activity is such a critical facet of your health and well-being, sports injury physical therapists promote the view that we all are safer with the correct sports injury prevention knowledge. Discover more about sports injury prevention by contacting one of our Mackenzie, MO physical therapists and reduce the risk of a sports injury by doing the following:
- Warm up
Cold muscles have a heightened chance of tearing, while warm muscles have more flexibility. As you warm up your muscles, the flexibility helps them absorb movement more effectively and protect themselves better against harsh, sudden movements that can otherwise result in injury.
- Use proper technique
Sports injuries often happen when you attempt to do an activity without any experience or training. It takes a great deal of practice to perfect the technical aspects of any sport, but be sure to learn the fundamentals of proper movement technique before playing a sport or activity. For example, knowing to bend your knees as you land from a jump can protect you from certain sports injuries to the ankle, knee, hip, and spine.
- Use the necessary equipment
It is crucial that you use the appropriate equipment when being active. The equipment should not only be right for the sport, but also be working properly and safe to use. Some examples of equipment are:
- Safety gear such as helmets, pads, or safety glasses
- Clothing that fits you well and is designed for physical activity
- Footwear that is appropriate for the activity
- Play in a safe environment
In addition to having the proper equipment to play the sport, it is crucial that the Mackenzie, MO setting where you are playing is safe. A sports injury can happen when the playing surface is wet, slippery, or muddy. Even if you are alert, warming up and stretching adequately before activity, hazardous conditions around you can lead to a serious sports injury.
- Stay hydrated
Drinking sufficient water is a fundamental health practice that everyone should do. When engaging in physical activity, drink plenty of water before, during, and after your workout. It is vital to constantly hydrate during physical activity and afterward to replace the fluids that you lost through sweat.
In addition to staying hydrated, practicing good nutrition also decreases your risk of a sports injury.
As an athlete, one of your priorities should be eating a balanced diet of nutrient-rich foods and eating the correct number of calories. Even when you take all the proper precautions and always exercise good judgment when participating in a sport or being active, from time to time an injury is inevitable. We cannot always control the world around us, and injuries are part of being an athlete. If you have a severe sports injury or notice pain from an overuse injury, contact Axes’ Mackenzie, MO sports therapists today. We will perform an injury screening to understand the extent and severity of your condition and develop a tailor-made treatment plan to restore you to health as soon as possible.
Therapy for Your Sports Injury: Axes Physical Therapy
As an athlete, we know that living with an injury that prohibits you from physical activity is more than frustrating. In order to be able to get back to the level of performance, mobility and strength you are used to, you must receive the right sports injury treatment. When you experience a sports injury, the qualified Mackenzie, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy will work with you step-by-step to implement an individualized treatment plan that will get you back on the court, in the gym or on your morning Mackenzie, MO jog route as soon as possible.
Axes’ team of specialized Mackenzie, MO sports therapists will successfully guide you in your recovery from your sports injury. When handling a sports injury, it is crucial to get proper care from a skilled professional right away. After you have been injured while playing sports, contact Axes Physical Therapy right away. Our Mackenzie, MO sports therapy team is ready to help get you back to full strength and get you back to doing the activities you love. Learn more about our sports injury treatment services by selecting the Mackenzie, MO location nearest you.