Sports Injury Stone Meadows, MO. A sports injury can take place when you are playing a sport competitively, training, working out, playing recreationally or participating in other types of physical activity. Professional athletes aren’t the only people who can experience a sports injury. In reality, most sports injuries happen to recreational athletes. When you are injured in a sports or athletic-related event, our Stone Meadows, MO sports therapists can help you heal. Axes Physical Therapy has a network of physical and occupational therapists treating sports injuries at any of our fourteen locally owned and operated facilities. After you are injured while playing a sport, our team can treat your sports injury and safely get you back to the activities you love. Find out more about the Stone Meadows, MO sports injury treatment location closest you, learn more about Axes and why we are the leader in sports injury treatment in the Stone Meadows, MO area or contact us now to schedule an assessment of your sports injury with a qualified physical or occupational therapist today.
Common Types of Sports Injury
Sports injuries differ greatly in terms of severity, necessary treatment and impact on the body and ability to keep active. Our Stone Meadows, MO physical and occupational therapists are experts in treating all sorts of sports injuries. With decades of experience, exhaustive clinical training and education and specialization in various areas of sports injury treatment, you are in able hands when you trust your sports injury treatment to the Stone Meadows, MO physical therapists of Axes Physical Therapy. We will lead you through your recuperation and ensure that you are able to return to the sports and activities you love soon.
As accomplished sports therapists serving all of Stone Meadows, MO, there are hardly any sports injuries we have not seen or successfully treated. The following are some of the some of the sports injuries we see the most of.
- Sprains – A sprain happens when a ligament is torn or overstretched.
- Strains – When a muscle or tendon is torn or overstretched, you suffer a strain, which can often be mistaken for a sprain. Both are common sports injuries.
- Tendonitis/Tendonosis – When a tendon suffers from overuse, it can cause inflammation and become sore, restricting activity. Long term or chronic inflammation of a tendon can bring about degradation and breakdown of the tendon tissue, leading to tendonitis.
- Inflamed joints or tissue – Inflammation is a common reaction to a lot of sports injuries and can cause soreness and weakness.
- Broken bones – Fractures are caused by overuse or trauma caused by an outside force, and can include stress fractures or a broken bone.
- Dislocations – A sports injury can force a bone out of its socket, dislocating it.
- Knee injuries – The knee is an important but potentially at-risk joint that can suffer from many different sports injuries bringing about torn ligaments, cartilage injuries, muscle strains, and broken bones.
- Rotator cuff injuries – The rotator cuff is a group of muscles and tendons that prevents your arm from popping out of the shoulder socket while still allowing full range of motion. For the rotator cuff, the highest sports injury risks come from impingement and/or rotator cuff tear.
- Achilles tendon injuries – The Achilles tendon is an especially strong and flexible tendon connecting your calf to your heel. Tendonitis and ruptures are common Achilles tendon injuries in active individuals.
- Shin splints – Shin splints are a sports injury that is most common in runners and basketball players. The muscles and tendons around the shin become inflamed, causing soreness.
If you suffer a sports injury, our sports injury treatment team can help. As an expert in motion and movement disorders, your Stone Meadows, MO sports therapist will employ their experience and expertise toward your recovery. Employing evidence-based practices, we will implement a tailored treatment plan that will permit you to safely recover from your sports injury and restore your strength and mobility so that you can get back to the activities you love while safeguarding against future injury.
If you suffer a sports injury, Axes Physical Therapy will work with you to get you back to favorable physical health and restore you to your maximum performance level. Work with a qualified Stone Meadows, MO physical therapist to recover from your sports injury today.
Sports Injury Risk Factors
A sports injury happen to anybody who is being active or participating in a sport. That is why it is of utmost importance to protect our bodies both on and off the field and to take the necessary precautions while participating in sports or working out. Remember to warm up before physical activity and do not overwork your body, especially if you’ve been inactive. And if you do experience a sports injury, reach out to the Stone Meadows, MO sports therapy team at Axes Physical Therapy right away. We will guide you in you in your recovery and return you to the sports you love as soon as possible.
You have a heightened risk of a sports injury if you:
- Participate after not being active for a while or poor level of fitness
- Neglect to stretch or warm up before playing
- Play a contact sport with a predictably higher prospect of injury
Young children and older adults are also at a higher risk of experiencing a sports injury. As someone who enjoys being active and who has family members that are in increased danger of a sports injury, whether they are just now learning how to dribble or getting active again by joining the community pickleball league, review the basic guidelines for sports injury prevention to help keep yourself and your Stone Meadows, MO family safe from severe sports injuries. If you or a loved one suffers a sports injury while being active, trust in the talented Stone Meadows, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy right away for a complimentary injury screening or analysis of your injury.
Sports Injury Prevention
As an athlete or someone who engages in physical activity, a sports injury can upset your whole routine and your day-to-day life. As physical activity is such a critical facet of your health and wellness, sports injury physical therapists promote the view that all of us are safer with the correct sports injury prevention knowledge. Learn more about sports injury prevention by contacting one of our Stone Meadows, MO physical therapists and minimize the risk of a sports injury by doing the following:
- Warm up
Stiff muscles have a heightened risk of tearing, while warm muscles are more flexible. As your muscles warm up, the flexibility helps them absorb impacts more effectively and protect themselves better against harsh, sudden motions that can otherwise result in injury.
- Use proper technique
Sports injuries commonly occur when you attempt to participate in a sport without any experience or training. It takes a large amount of practice to perfect the technical skills of any sport, but be sure to learn the basics of appropriate movement technique before playing a sport or activity. For example, knowing to bend your knees as you land from a jump can protect you from certain sports injuries to the ankle, knee, hip, and spine.
- Use the necessary equipment
It is crucial that you use the appropriate equipment while you are active. The equipment should not only be suitable for the sport, but also be in good condition and safe to use. Some examples of equipment are:
- Safety gear such as helmets, pads, or safety glasses
- Clothing that fits you well and is designed for physical activity
- Footwear that is appropriate for the activity
- Play in safe conditions
In addition to using the correct gear to play the sport, it is important that the Stone Meadows, MO site where you are playing is safe. A sports injury can occur when the playing surface is wet, slippery, or muddy. Even if you are cautious, warming up and stretching adequately before activity, unsafe conditions around you can cause a serious sports injury.
- Stay hydrated
Drinking enough water is a basic health practice that everyone should do. When engaging in physical activity, drink a lot of of water before, during, and after your workout. It is vital to constantly hydrate during physical activity and afterward to replenish the water that you lost through perspiration.
In addition to drinking sufficient water, practicing good nutrition also lowers your chances of getting a sports injury.
Eating a balanced, nutritious diet and balancing your caloric intake is a priority for any athlete. Even when you take all the proper precautions and always exercise good judgment when participating in a sport or being active, at times an injury is inevitable. We cannot always control the world around us, and injuries are going to happen. If you have a serious sports injury or notice pain from an overuse injury, contact Axes’ Stone Meadows, MO sports therapists immediately. We will conduct an injury screening to understand the extent and severity of your condition and formulate a custom treatment plan to restore you to health as soon as possible.
Therapy for Your Sports Injury: Axes Physical Therapy
As an athlete, we know that living with an activity-limiting injury is incredibly frustrating. In order to be able to get back to peak performance, mobility and strength you previously had, you must receive the right sports injury care. When you suffer a sports injury, the knowledgeable Stone Meadows, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy will work closely with you to formulate an individualized treatment plan that will get you back on the court, in the gym or on your morning Stone Meadows, MO jog route as soon as possible.
Axes’ team of specialized Stone Meadows, MO sports therapists will successfully guide you in your recovery from your sports injury. When managing a sports injury, it is crucial to get proper care from a experienced professional immediately. When you have been hurt while being active, contact Axes Physical Therapy right away. Our Stone Meadows, MO sports therapy team is ready to help return you to full strength and get you back to playing the sports you love. Learn more about our sports injury treatment services by selecting the Stone Meadows, MO location nearest you.