Sports Injury Matson, MO. A sports injury can happen when you are playing a competitive sport, training, working out, playing recreationally or participating in other sorts of physical activity. You don’t have to be a professional athlete to experience a sports injury. In truth, most sports injuries happen to recreational athletes. When you are injured in a sports or athletic-related event, our Matson, MO sports therapists can help you recover. Axes Physical Therapy has a network of physical and occupational therapists treating sports injuries at any of our fourteen locally owned and operated facilities. When you are injured while participating in physical activities, our team can treat your sports injury and safely return you to the activities you love. Find out more about the Matson, MO sports injury treatment location closest you, learn more about Axes and why we are the leader in sports injury care in the Matson, MO area or contact us now to schedule an assessment of your sports injury with a qualified physical or occupational therapist today.
Common Types of Sports Injury
Sports injuries vary greatly in terms of seriousness, needed treatment and effect on the body and ability to keep active. Our Matson, MO physical and occupational therapists are experts in treating all sorts of sports injuries. With decades of experience, extensive clinical training and education and specialization in various areas of sports injury treatment, you are in able hands when you trust your sports injury treatment to the Matson, MO physical therapists of Axes Physical Therapy. We will guide you in your rehabilitation and ensure that you will be back to the sports and activities you enjoy soon.
As skilled sports therapists serving all of Matson, MO, there are few sports injuries we have not seen or successfully treated. Below are some of the some of the sports injuries we see the most of.
- Sprains – A sprain occurs when a ligament is torn or overstretched.
- Strains – When a tendon or muscle is torn or overstretched, you experience a strain, which can often be mistaken for a sprain. Both are common sports injuries.
- Tendonitis/Tendonosis – When a tendon suffers from overuse, it can become inflamed and painful, restricting activity. Long term or chronic swelling of a tendon can result in degradation and breakdown of the tendon tissue, causing tendonitis.
- Inflamed joints or tissue – Swelling is a common outcome of a lot of sports injuries and can result in pain and weakness.
- Broken bones – Fractures are caused by overuse or trauma caused by an outside force, and can include stress fractures or a broken bone.
- Dislocations – A sports injury can force a bone out of its socket, dislocating it.
- Knee injuries – The knee is a major but potentially vulnerable joint that can suffer from a lot of different sports injuries resulting in torn ligaments, cartilage injuries, muscle strains, and broken bones.
- Rotator cuff injuries – The rotator cuff is a group of muscles and tendons that impedes your arm from popping out of the shoulder socket while still allowing your shoulder to move in all directions. Impingement and/ or tears are the most common rotator cuff sports injuries.
- Achilles tendon injuries – The Achilles tendon is a significantly strong and flexible tendon connecting your calf to your heel. Tendonitis and ruptures are typical Achilles tendon injuries in active individuals.
- Shin splints – Shin splints are a sports injury that typically affects runners and basketball players. The muscles and tendons around the shin become inflamed, causing pain.
If you experience a sports injury, our sports injury treatment team can help. As an expert in motion and movement disorders, your Matson, MO sports therapist will employ their experience and knowledge toward your recovery. Employing evidence-based practices, we will design a tailored treatment plan that will permit you to safely rehabilitate from your sports injury and bring back your strength and mobility so that you can get back to the sports you love while safeguarding against future injury.
If you have a sports injury, Axes Physical Therapy will work with you to restore you to favorable physical health and restore you to your highest performance level. Work with a qualified Matson, MO physical therapist to rehabilitate from your sports injury today.
Sports Injury Risk Factors
Anyone. For that reason it is vital to protect our bodies both on and off the field and to take the needed precautions while playing sports or working out. Remember to warm up before physical activity and do not overwork your body, especially if you haven’t been active. And if you do experience a sports injury, contact the Matson, MO sports therapy team at Axes Physical Therapy right away. We will guide you in you in your recovery and return you to the physical activities you love as soon as possible.
You are at an increased risk of a sports injury if you:
- Play after not being active for a while or poor level of fitness
- Neglect to stretch or warm up before playing
- Play a contact sport with an inherently higher prospect of injury
Young children and older adults are also at a higher risk of experiencing a sports injury. As someone who enjoys being active and who has family members that are more susceptible to sports injury, whether they are just starting out in t-ball or getting active again by tearing up the recreation center’s pickleball court, keep in mind the basic strategies for preventing sports injury to help keep yourself and your Matson, MO family safe from severe sports injuries. If you or a loved one suffers a sports injury while participating in a sport, trust in the talented Matson, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy now for a free injury screening or evaluation of your injury.
Sports Injury Prevention
As an athlete or anyone who is active, a sports injury can upset your whole routine and your daily life. Due to physical activity being such a critical part of your health and well-being, sports injury physical therapists champion the view that all of us are safer with the right sports injury prevention knowledge. Discover more about sports injury prevention by reaching out to one of our Matson, MO physical therapists and lessen the risk of a sports injury by doing the following:
- Warm up
Inactive muscles are at an increased chance of tearing, while warmed up muscles are more flexible. As your muscles warm up, the flexibility helps them absorb force more easily and shield themselves better against jarring, sudden motions that can otherwise cause injury.
- Use proper technique
Sports injuries commonly happen when you try to participate in a sport without any experience or training. Any athlete requires a large amount of practice to perfect the technical aspects of any sport, but be sure to learn the foundations of proper movement technique before playing a sport or activity. For example, knowing to bend your knees as you land from a jump can protect you from certain sports injuries to the ankle, knee, hip, and spine.
- Use the necessary equipment
It is essential that you use the correct equipment while being active. The equipment should not only be correct for the sport, but also be working properly and safe to use. Some examples of equipment are:
- Safety gear such as helmets, pads, or safety glasses
- Clothing that fits you well and is designed for physical activity
- Footwear that is right for the activity
- Play in safe conditions
In addition to having the proper gear to play the sport, it is important that the Matson, MO location where you are playing is safe. A sports injury can occur when the surface of the court is wet and slippery or the turf is muddy. Even if you are very careful, warming up and stretching adequately before activity, dangerous conditions where you play can lead to a serious sports injury.
- Stay hydrated
Drinking adequate water is a basic health practice that everyone should do. If you are participating in in physical activity, drink a lot of of water before, during, and after your workout. It is important to regularly hydrate while you are being active and afterward to replenish the fluids you have lost through sweat.
In addition to staying hydrated, practicing good nutrition also reduces your risk of a sports injury.
Eating a balanced, nutritious diet and monitoring your caloric intake is a priority for any athlete. Even when you take all the proper precautions and always exercise good judgment when participating in a sport or being active, every now and then an injury is unavoidable. Many things are outside of our control, and injuries are part of being an athlete. If you experience a severe sports injury or notice pain from an overuse injury, contact Axes’ Matson, MO sports therapists immediately. We will take you through an injury screening to understand the extent and severity of your condition and create a tailor-made treatment plan to get you back to health as soon as possible.
Therapy for Your Sports Injury: Axes Physical Therapy
As someone who is active, we know that living with an activity-limiting injury is frustrating to say the least. In order to be able to get back to the level of performance, mobility and strength you had before, you must receive the right sports injury care. When you suffer a sports injury, the knowledgeable Matson, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy will work with you step-by-step to design an individualized treatment plan that will get you back on the court, in the gym or on your morning Matson, MO jog route as soon as possible.
Axes’ team of specialized Matson, MO sports therapists will successfully guide you in your recovery from your sports injury. When dealing with a sports injury, it is crucial to get proper care from a experienced professional immediately. When you have been injured while being active, contact Axes Physical Therapy right away. Our Matson, MO sports therapy team is ready to help get you back to full strength and get you back to playing the sports you love. Discover more about our sports injury treatment services by selecting the Matson, MO location nearest you.