Sports Injury Arcadia, MO. A sports injury can occur when you are playing a sport competitively, training, working out, playing recreationally or participating in other types of physical activity. You don’t have to be a professional athlete to experience a sports injury. In fact, the majority of sports injuries occur in non-professional athletes. When you are injured in a sports or athletic-related event, our Arcadia, MO sports therapists can help you recuperate. Axes Physical Therapy has has fourteen locally owned and operated facilities, each with its own group of physical and occupational therapists. After you are injured while being physically active, our team can treat your sports injury and safely return you to the sports you love. Learn more about the Arcadia, MO sports injury treatment location most convenient for you, learn more about Axes and why we are the leader in sports injury care in the Arcadia, MO area or contact us now to schedule an assessment of your sports injury with a certified physical or occupational therapist today.
Common Types of Sports Injury
Sports injuries vary immensely in terms of seriousness, necessary treatment and impact on the body and ability to stay active. Our Arcadia, MO physical and occupational therapists are experts in treating all sorts of sports injuries. With decades of experience, exhaustive clinical training and education and specialization in various areas of sports injury treatment, you are in trustworthy hands when you trust your sports injury treatment to the Arcadia, MO physical therapists of Axes Physical Therapy. We will lead you through your recuperation and make certain that you are able to return to the sports and activities you love quickly.
As skillful sports therapists serving all of Arcadia, MO, there are not many sports injuries we have not seen or successfully treated. Below are some of the some of the sports injuries we see the most of.
- Sprains – A sprain happens when a ligament is torn or overstretched.
- Strains – When a muscle or tendon is torn or overstretched, you have a strain, which are sometimes mistaken for a sprain. Both are common sports injuries.
- Tendonitis/Tendonosis – When a tendon suffers from overuse, it can become inflamed and painful, limiting activity. Long term or chronic inflammation of a tendon can cause degradation and breakdown of the tendon tissue, causing tendonitis.
- Swollen joints or tissue – Swelling is a common reaction to many sports injuries and can result in pain and weakness.
- Broken bones – Overuse and force from accidents can cause fractures, such as stress fractures or a broken bone.
- Dislocations – A dislocation sports injury happens when a bone is forced out of its socket.
- Knee injuries – The knee is a significant but potentially at-risk joint that can experience a number of different sports injuries resulting in torn ligaments, cartilage injuries, muscle strains, and broken bones.
- Rotator cuff injuries – The rotator cuff is a group of muscles and tendons that disallows shoulder dislocations while still allowing full range of motion. For the rotator cuff, the highest sports injury risks come from impingement and/or rotator cuff tear.
- Achilles tendon injuries – The Achilles tendon is a significantly strong and flexible tendon connecting your calf to your heel. Tendonitis and ruptures are typical Achilles tendon injuries in active individuals.
- Shin splints – Shin splints are a sports injury that typically affects runners and basketball players. The muscles and tendons around the shin become inflamed, causing soreness.
If you have a sports injury, our sports injury treatment team can help. As an expert in motion and movement disorders, your Arcadia, MO sports therapist will apply their experience and knowledge toward your recovery. Applying evidence-based practices, we will create a tailored treatment plan that will permit you to safely recuperate from your sports injury and restore your strength and mobility so that you can get back to the activities you love while safeguarding against future injury.
If you have a sports injury, Axes Physical Therapy will work with you to return you to excellent physical health and restore you to your highest performance level. Work with a qualified Arcadia, MO physical therapist to heal from your sports injury today.
Sports Injury Risk Factors
Anyone. That is why it is so important to look after our bodies both on and off the field and to take the needed precautions while participating in sports or working out. Warming up is always an important first step, and do not overwork your body, especially if you haven’t been active. And if you do experience a sports injury, get in touch with the Arcadia, MO sports therapy team at Axes Physical Therapy right away. We will lead you through you in your recovery and return you to the activities you love as soon as possible.
You are at an increased risk of a sports injury if you:
- Play after not being active for a while or poor level of fitness
- Neglect to stretch or warm up before playing
- Play a contact sport with a predictably higher prospect of injury
Young children and older adults are also at a higher risk of experiencing a sports injury. As someone who enjoys being active and who has loved ones that are in increased danger of a sports injury, whether they are just starting out in t-ball or getting active again by joining the community pickleball league, keep in mind the basic instructions for preventing sports injury to help keep yourself and your Arcadia, MO family safe from serious sports injuries. If you or someone you love suffers a sports injury while being active, turn to the experienced Arcadia, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy immediately for a free injury screening or analysis of your injury.
Sports Injury Prevention
As an athlete or anyone who is active, a sports injury can upset your whole routine and your day-to-day life. Due to physical activity being such a vital part of your health and well-being, sports injury physical therapists champion the viewpoint that we all are safer with the right sports injury prevention knowledge. Learn more about sports injury prevention by speaking to one of our Arcadia, MO physical therapists and lessen the risk of a sports injury by doing the following:
- Warm up
Stiff muscles are at a higher chance of tearing, while warmed up muscles are more flexible. As you warm up your muscles, the flexibility lets them absorb movement more effectively and shield themselves better against harsh, sudden movements that can otherwise leads to injury.
- Use proper technique
Sports injuries often occur when you try to participate in a sport without any experience or training. Any athlete needs a great deal of practice to perfect the technical skills of any sport, but be sure to learn the foundations of proper movement technique before playing a sport or activity. For example, understanding how to bend your knees when you land from a jump can protect you from certain sports injuries to the ankle, knee, hip, and spine.
- Use the necessary equipment
It is very important that you use the right equipment when being active. The equipment should not only be suitable for the sport, but also be in good condition and safe to use. This includes the following:
- Safety gear such as helmets, pads, or safety glasses
- Clothing that fits you well and is designed for physical activity
- Footwear that is right for the activity
- Play in a safe environment
Other than using the proper equipment to play the sport, it is crucial that the Arcadia, MO location where you are playing is safe. A sports injury can happen when the surface of the court is wet and slippery or the turf is muddy. Even if you are cautious, warming up and stretching adequately before activity, unsafe conditions around you can cause a serious sports injury.
- Stay hydrated
Drinking enough water is a fundamental health practice that everyone should do. If you are engaging in physical activity, drink a lot of of water before, during, and after your workout. It is crucial to constantly hydrate while you are being active and afterward to replace the fluids you have lost through sweating.
In addition to staying hydrated, practicing good nutrition also decreases your risk of a sports injury.
As an athlete, one of your first concerns should be eating a balanced diet of nutrient-rich foods and eating the right number of calories. Even with precautionary measures and practicing good judgement when playing a sport or being active, at times an injury is not preventable. Many things are outside of our control, and injuries are going to happen. If you suffer a serious sports injury or notice pain from an overuse injury, contact Axes’ Arcadia, MO sports therapists immediately. We will conduct an injury screening to understand the extent and severity of your condition and put together a tailor-made treatment plan to get you back to health as soon as possible.
Therapy for Your Sports Injury: Axes Physical Therapy
As an athlete, we know that living with an activity-limiting injury is frustrating to say the least. In order to be able to get back to peak performance, mobility and strength you had before, you must receive the right sports injury treatment. When you experience a sports injury, the qualified Arcadia, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy will work with you step-by-step to draw up an individualized treatment plan that will get you back on the court, in the gym or on your morning Arcadia, MO jog route as soon as possible.
Axes’ team of specialized Arcadia, MO sports therapists will successfully guide you in your recuperation from your sports injury. When treating a sports injury, it is important to get proper treatment from a knowledgeable professional right away. When you have been injured while being active, contact Axes Physical Therapy right away. Our Arcadia, MO sports therapy team is ready to help return you to full strength and get you back to playing the sports you love. Learn more about our sports injury treatment services by selecting the Arcadia, MO location nearest you.