Sports Injury Doe Run, MO. A sports injury can occur when you are playing a sport competitively, training, working out, playing recreationally or participating in other types of physical activity. Professional athletes aren’t the only people who can experience a sports injury. Actually, the majority of sports injuries happen to non-professional athletes. When you are injured in a sports or athletic-related event, our Doe Run, MO sports therapists can help you heal. Axes Physical Therapy has has fourteen locally owned and operated facilities, each with its own group of physical and occupational therapists. After you are injured while being physically active, our team can treat your sports injury and safely get you back to the activities you love. Learn more about the Doe Run, MO sports injury treatment location most convenient for you, learn more about Axes and why we are the leader in sports injury care in the Doe Run, MO area or contact us now to schedule an analysis of your sports injury with a professional physical or occupational therapist today.
Common Types of Sports Injury
Sports injuries differ widely in terms of severity, necessary treatment and impact on the body and ability to stay active. Our Doe Run, MO physical and occupational therapists specialize in treating all varieties of sports injuries. With decades of experience, extensive clinical training and education and specialization in various areas of sports injury treatment, you are in able hands when you trust your sports injury treatment to the Doe Run, MO physical therapists of Axes Physical Therapy. We will guide you in your rehabilitation and make certain that you will be back to the sports and activities you enjoy quickly.
As skilled sports therapists serving all of Doe Run, MO, we have seen and successfully treated almost every type of sports injury. Listed below are some of the some of the sports injuries we see the most of.
- Sprains – A sprain happens when a ligament is torn or overstretched.
- Strains – When a tendon or muscle is torn or overstretched, you experience a strain, which can often be mistaken for a sprain. Both are common sports injuries.
- Tendonitis/Tendonosis – When a tendon is overused, it can cause swelling and become sore, prohibiting activity. Long term or chronic swelling of a tendon can result in degradation and breakdown of the tendon tissue, leading to tendonitis.
- Swollen joints or tissue – Swelling is a common consequence of a lot of sports injuries and can result in pain and weakness.
- Broken bones – Overuse and force from accidents can cause fractures, for example stress fractures or a broken bone.
- Dislocations – A sports injury can force a bone out of its socket, dislocating it.
- Knee injuries – The knee is a major but potentially vulnerable joint that can be affected by a number of different sports injuries causing torn ligaments, cartilage injuries, muscle strains, and fracture.
- Rotator cuff injuries – The rotator cuff is a group of muscles and tendons that prevents shoulder dislocations while still allowing your shoulder to move in all directions. For the rotator cuff, the highest sports injury risks come from impingement and/or rotator cuff tear.
- Achilles tendon injuries – The Achilles tendon is an especially strong and flexible tendon connecting your calf to your heel. Tendonitis and ruptures are common Achilles tendon injuries in active individuals.
- Shin splints – Shin splints are a sports injury that typically affects runners and basketball players. The muscles and tendons around the shin become swollen, causing soreness.
Our sports injury treatment team can help you recover from your sports injury. As an expert in movement and movement disorders, your Doe Run, MO sports therapist will apply their experience and expertise toward your recovery. Using evidence-based practices, we will create a tailored treatment plan that will allow you to safely recuperate from your sports injury and restore your strength and mobility so that you can get back to the sports you love while safeguarding against future injury.
If you have a sports injury, Axes Physical Therapy will work with you to get you back to optimal physical health and get you back to to your peak performance level. Work with a qualified Doe Run, MO physical therapist to heal from your sports injury today.
Sports Injury Risk Factors
A sports injury happen to anybody who is being active or participating in a sport. For that reason it is of utmost importance to look after our bodies both on and off the field and to take the requisite precautions while participating in sports or training. Warming up is always an important first step, and never overwork your body, particularly if you’ve been inactive. And if you do suffer a sports injury, get in touch with the Doe Run, MO sports therapy team at Axes Physical Therapy right away. We will lead you through you in your rehabilitation and return you to the sports you love as soon as possible.
You have an increased risk of a sports injury if you:
- Participate after not being active for a while or poor level of fitness
- Do not stretch or warm up before playing
- Play a contact sport with a predictably higher chance of injury
Age also plays a factor in sports injuries, as younger children and the elderly are at higher risk. As someone who enjoys being active and who has loved ones that are in increased danger of a sports injury, whether they are strapping on cleats for the first time or getting active again by joining the community pickleball league, keep in mind the basic recommendations for sports injury prevention to help keep yourself and your Doe Run, MO family safe from severe sports injuries. If you or someone you love suffers a sports injury while playing a sport, trust in the skilled Doe Run, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy right away for a complimentary injury screening or assessment of your injury.
Sports Injury Prevention
As an athlete or anybody who is active, a sports injury can disrupt your whole routine and your daily life. Due to physical activity being such a critical aspect of your health and wellness, sports injury physical therapists advocate for the viewpoint that each one of us is safer with the proper sports injury prevention knowledge. Find out more about sports injury prevention by speaking to one of our Doe Run, MO physical therapists and lessen the risk of a sports injury by doing the following:
- Warm up
Inactive muscles have a higher chance of tearing, while warm muscles are more flexible. As your muscles warm up, the flexibility helps them absorb impacts more easily and be more resilient against jarring, sudden motions that can otherwise result in injury.
- Use proper technique
Sports injuries often occur when you attempt to participate in a sport without any experience or training. You need a large amount of practice to perfect the technical skills of any sport, but be sure to learn the basics of appropriate movement technique before participating in a sport or activity. For example, knowing to bend your knees as you land from a jump can protect you from certain sports injuries to the ankle, knee, hip, and spine.
- Use the necessary equipment
It is very important that you use suitable equipment while you are active. The equipment should not only be correct for the sport, but also be working properly and safe to use. Some examples of equipment are:
- Safety gear such as helmets, pads, or safety glasses
- Clothing that fits you well and is designed for physical activity
- Footwear that is suitable for the activity
- Play in a safe environment
Other than having the correct gear to play the sport, it is important that the Doe Run, MO location where you are playing is safe. A sports injury can happen when the playing surface is wet, slippery, or muddy. Even if you are very careful, warming up and stretching adequately before activity, dangerous conditions where you play can cause a serious sports injury.
- Stay hydrated
Drinking enough water is a basic health practice that everyone should do. When engaging in physical activity, drink plenty of water before, during, and after your workout. It is vital to constantly hydrate while you are being active and afterward to replenish the fluids you have lost through sweat.
In addition to staying hydrated, practicing good nutrition also decreases your risk of a sports injury.
As an athlete, one of your first concerns should be eating a balanced diet of nutrient-rich foods and eating the correct number of calories. Even with precautionary measures and practicing good judgement when participating in a sport or physical activity, at times an injury is not preventable. We cannot always control the world around us, and injuries are part of being an athlete. If you suffer a serious sports injury or notice pain from an overuse injury, contact Axes’ Doe Run, MO sports therapists immediately. We will take you through an injury screening to understand the extent and severity of your condition and design a tailor-made treatment plan to get you back to health as soon as possible.
Therapy for Your Sports Injury: Axes Physical Therapy
As an athlete, we know that living with an injury that prohibits you from physical activity is frustrating to say the least. In order to be able to get back to peak performance, mobility and strength you had before, you must receive the right sports injury treatment. When you experience a sports injury, the knowledgeable Doe Run, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy will work with you step-by-step to create an individualized treatment plan that will get you back on the court, in the gym or on your morning Doe Run, MO jog route as soon as possible.
Axes’ team of specialized Doe Run, MO sports therapists will successfully guide you in your recuperation from your sports injury. When dealing with a sports injury, it is vital to get proper treatment from a experienced professional immediately. After you have been injured while playing sports, contact Axes Physical Therapy right away. Our Doe Run, MO sports therapy team is ready to help return you to full strength and get you back to playing the sports you love. Find out more about our sports injury treatment services by selecting the Doe Run, MO location nearest you.