Sports Injury Ozark View, MO. A sports injury can take place when you are playing a competitive sport, training, working out, playing recreationally or participating in other sorts of physical activity. You don’t have to be a professional athlete to experience a sports injury. In fact, most sports injuries happen to recreational athletes. When you are injured in a sports or athletic-related event, our Ozark View, MO sports therapists can help you recover. Axes Physical Therapy has a network of physical and occupational therapists treating sports injuries at any of our fourteen locally owned and operated facilities. If you are injured while being physically active, our team can treat your sports injury and safely return you to the activities you enjoy. Learn more about the Ozark View, MO sports injury treatment location most convenient for you, learn more about Axes and why we are the leader in sports injury care in the Ozark View, MO area or contact us now to schedule an analysis of your sports injury with a qualified physical or occupational therapist today.
Common Types of Sports Injury
Sports injuries differ immensely in terms of seriousness, needed treatment and effect on the body and ability to keep active. Our Ozark View, MO physical and occupational therapists are specialists in treating all varieties of sports injuries. With decades of experience, extensive clinical training and education and specialization in various areas of sports injury treatment, you are in deft hands when you trust your sports injury treatment to the Ozark View, MO physical therapists of Axes Physical Therapy. We will guide you in your recovery and ensure that you will be back to the sports and activities you enjoy soon.
As accomplished sports therapists serving all of Ozark View, MO, we have seen and successfully treated almost every type of sports injury. Listed below are some of the some of the sports injuries we see the most of.
- Sprains – A sprain happens when a ligament is torn or overstretched.
- Strains – When a muscle or tendon is torn or overstretched, you have a strain, which can often be mistaken for a sprain. Both are common sports injuries.
- Tendonitis/Tendonosis – When a tendon is overused, it can cause swelling and become painful, prohibiting activity. Long term or chronic swelling of a tendon can result in degradation and breakdown of the tendon tissue, causing tendonitis.
- Swollen joints or tissue – Inflammation is a common reaction to a lot of sports injuries and can result in pain and weakness.
- Broken bones – Fractures are caused by overuse or trauma caused by an outside force, and can include stress fractures or a broken bone.
- Dislocations – A sports injury can force a bone out of its socket, dislocating it.
- Knee injuries – The knee is a vital but potentially vulnerable joint that can suffer from a variety of different sports injuries resulting in torn ligaments, cartilage injuries, muscle strains, and fracture.
- Rotator cuff injuries – The rotator cuff is a group of muscles and tendons that disallows your arm from popping out of the shoulder socket while still allowing your shoulder to move in all directions. Impingement and/ or tears are the most common rotator cuff sports injuries.
- Achilles tendon injuries – The Achilles tendon is an extremely strong and flexible tendon connecting your calf to your heel. Tendonitis and ruptures are typical Achilles tendon injuries in active individuals.
- Shin splints – Shin splints are a sports injury that typically affects runners and basketball players. The muscles and tendons around the shin become swollen, causing pain.
Our sports injury treatment team can help you recover from your sports injury. As an expert in motion and movement disorders, your Ozark View, MO sports therapist will use their experience and expertise toward your recovery. Employing evidence-based practices, we will design a tailored treatment plan that will permit you to safely rehabilitate from your sports injury and restore your strength and movement so that you can get back to the sports you love while preventing future injury.
If you experience a sports injury, Axes Physical Therapy will work with you to get you back to excellent physical health and get you back to to your optimum performance level. Work with a qualified Ozark View, MO physical therapist to heal from your sports injury today.
Sports Injury Risk Factors
Anyone. For that reason it is so important to protect our bodies both on and off the field and to take the needed precautions while playing sports or working out. Remember to warm up before physical activity and do not overwork your body, particularly if you’ve been inactive. And if you do suffer a sports injury, get in touch with the Ozark View, MO sports therapy team at Axes Physical Therapy right away. We will guide you in you in your recovery and return you to the physical activities you love as soon as possible.
You have a heightened risk of a sports injury if you:
- Participate after an extended period of inactivity or poor level of fitness
- Neglect to stretch or warm up before playing
- Play a contact sport with a predictably higher chance of injury
Age also plays a factor in sports injuries, as younger children and the elderly are at higher risk. As someone who enjoys being active and who has family members that are at a higher risk of sports injury, whether they are strapping on cleats for the first time or getting active again by tearing up the recreation center’s pickleball court, consider the basic guidelines for sports injury prevention to help keep yourself and your Ozark View, MO family safe from serious sports injuries. If you or someone you you know suffers a sports injury while being active, trust in the talented Ozark View, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy today for a free injury screening or assessment of your injury.
Sports Injury Prevention
As an athlete or anyone who is active, a sports injury can interrupt your whole schedule and your daily life. Because physical activity is such a crucial part of your health and wellness, sports injury physical therapists espouse the view that all of us are safer with the correct sports injury prevention knowledge. Discover more about sports injury prevention by calling one of our Ozark View, MO physical therapists and lower the risk of a sports injury by doing the following:
- Warm up
Stiff muscles are at an increased chance of tearing, while warmed up muscles are more flexible. As your muscles warm up, the flexibility helps them absorb impacts more effectively and be more resilient against harsh, sudden movements that can otherwise result in injury.
- Use proper technique
Sports injuries commonly occur when you try to participate in a sport without any experience or training. It takes a great deal of practice to perfect the technical skills of any sport, but be sure to learn the foundations of appropriate movement technique before participating in a sport or activity. For example, understanding how to bend your knees as you land from a jump can protect you from certain sports injuries to the ankle, knee, hip, and spine.
- Use the necessary equipment
It is very important that you use suitable equipment while being active. The equipment should not only be suitable for the sport, but also be in good condition and safe to use. Some examples of equipment are:
- Safety gear such as helmets, pads, or safety goggles
- Clothing that fits you well and is designed for physical activity
- Footwear that is suitable for the activity
- Play in a safe environment
In addition to using the proper gear to play the sport, it is crucial that the Ozark View, MO location where you are playing is safe. A sports injury can occur when the surface your are playing on is wet, slippery, or muddy. Even if you are conscientious, warming up and stretching adequately before activity, unsafe conditions around you can cause a serious sports injury.
- Stay hydrated
Drinking adequate water is a fundamental health practice that everyone should do. When practicing in physical activity, drink plenty of water before, during, and after your workout. It is vital to regularly hydrate while you are being active and afterward to replenish the fluids you have lost through sweat.
In addition to drinking enough water, practicing good nutrition also lessens your chances of getting a sports injury.
As an athlete, one of your priorities should be eating a balanced diet of nutrient-rich foods and consuming the right number of calories. Even with precautionary measures and practicing good judgement when playing a sport or being active, occasionally an injury is not preventable. We cannot always control the world around us, and injuries are going to happen. If you have a serious sports injury or notice pain from an overuse injury, contact Axes’ Ozark View, MO sports therapists today. We will take you through an injury screening to understand the extent and severity of your condition and put together a tailor-made treatment plan to get you back to health as soon as possible.
Therapy for Your Sports Injury: Axes Physical Therapy
As an athlete, we know that living with an injury that prohibits you from physical activity is incredibly frustrating. In order to be able to get back to optimal performance, mobility and strength you had before, you must receive the right sports injury treatment. When you suffer a sports injury, the experienced Ozark View, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy will work closely with you to draw up an individualized treatment plan that will get you back on the court, in the gym or on your morning Ozark View, MO jog route as soon as possible.
Axes’ team of specialized Ozark View, MO sports therapists will successfully guide you in your rehabilitation from your sports injury. When dealing with a sports injury, it is vital to get proper care from a knowledgeable professional straight away. When you have been injured while playing sports, contact Axes Physical Therapy right away. Our Ozark View, MO sports therapy team is ready to help return you to full strength and get you back to doing the activities you love. Discover more about our sports injury treatment services by selecting the Ozark View, MO location nearest you.