Sports Injury Paulina Hills, MO. A sports injury can take place when you are playing a competitive sport, training, working out, playing recreationally or participating in other kinds of physical activity. Professional athletes aren’t the only people who can experience a sports injury. Actually, most sports injuries happen to recreational athletes. When you are injured in a sports or athletic-related event, our Paulina Hills, MO sports therapists can help you recuperate. Axes Physical Therapy has has fourteen locally owned and operated facilities, each with its own group of physical and occupational therapists. After you are injured while playing a sport, our team can treat your sports injury and safely return you to the activities you love. Find out more about the Paulina Hills, MO sports injury treatment location most convenient for you, learn more about Axes and what makes us the leader in sports injury care in the Paulina Hills, MO area or contact us now to schedule an analysis of your sports injury with a certified physical or occupational therapist today.
Common Types of Sports Injury
Sports injuries vary immensely in terms of seriousness, required treatment and impact on the body and ability to remain active. Our Paulina Hills, MO physical and occupational therapists are specialists in treating all types of sports injuries. With decades of experience, extensive clinical training and education and specialization in various areas of sports injury treatment, you are in trustworthy hands when you trust your sports injury treatment to the Paulina Hills, MO physical therapists of Axes Physical Therapy. We will lead you through your rehabilitation and ensure that you will be back to the sports and activities you enjoy in no time.
As skillful sports therapists serving all of Paulina Hills, MO, we have seen and successfully treated almost every type of sports injury. The following are some of the some of the sports injuries we see the most of.
- Sprains – A sprain happens when a ligament is torn or overstretched.
- Strains – When a muscle or tendon is torn or overstretched, you suffer a strain, which can often be mistaken for a sprain. Both are common sports injuries.
- Tendonitis/Tendonosis – When a tendon suffers from overuse, it can cause inflammation and become sore, prohibiting activity. Long term or chronic inflammation of a tendon can lead to degradation and breakdown of the tendon tissue, leading to tendonitis.
- Inflamed joints or tissue – Inflammation is a common consequence of a lot of sports injuries and can cause soreness and weakness.
- Broken bones – Fractures are caused by overuse or trauma caused by an outside force, and can include stress fractures or a broken bone.
- Dislocations – A dislocation sports injury occurs when a bone is pushed out of its socket.
- Knee injuries – The knee is a major but potentially at-risk joint that can experience a variety of different sports injuries resulting in torn ligaments, cartilage injuries, muscle strains, and fracture.
- Rotator cuff injuries – The rotator cuff is a group of muscles and tendons that prohibits your arm from popping out of the shoulder socket while still allowing full range of motion. For the rotator cuff, the highest sports injury risks come from impingement and/or rotator cuff tear.
- Achilles tendon injuries – The Achilles tendon is a very strong and flexible tendon which connects your calf to your heel. Tendonitis and ruptures are typical Achilles tendon injuries in active individuals.
- Shin splints – Shin splints are a sports injury that is most common in runners and basketball players. The muscles and tendons around the shin become swollen, causing pain.
Our sports injury treatment team can help you recover from your sports injury. As an expert in movement and movement disorders, your Paulina Hills, MO sports therapist will employ their experience and knowledge toward your recovery. Employing evidence-based practices, we will create a tailored treatment plan that will allow you to safely rehabilitate from your sports injury and bring back your strength and movement so that you can get back to the sports you love while safeguarding against future injury.
If you have a sports injury, Axes Physical Therapy will work with you to get you back to excellent physical health and return you to your highest performance level. Work with a qualified Paulina Hills, MO physical therapist to heal from your sports injury today.
Sports Injury Risk Factors
Anyone. That is why it is so important to look after our bodies both on and off the field and to take the requisite precautions while participating in sports or working out. Remember to warm up before physical activity and do not overexert yourself, especially if you’ve been inactive. And if you do experience a sports injury, get in touch with the Paulina Hills, MO sports therapy team at Axes Physical Therapy right away. We will lead you through you in your recovery and return you to the physical activities you love as soon as possible.
You have an increased risk of a sports injury if you:
- Participate after an extended period of inactivity or poor level of fitness
- Neglect to stretch or warm up before playing
- Play a contact sport with an inherently higher risk of injury
Young children and older adults are also at a higher risk of experiencing a sports injury. As someone who enjoys being active and who has family members that are at a higher risk of sports injury, whether they are strapping on cleats for the first time or getting active again by tearing up the recreation center’s pickleball court, consider the basic strategies for preventing sports injury to help keep yourself and your Paulina Hills, MO family safe from severe sports injuries. If you or someone you you know suffers a sports injury while being active, trust in the experienced Paulina Hills, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy today for a free injury screening or assessment of your injury.
Sports Injury Prevention
As an athlete or anyone who engages in physical activity, a sports injury can upset your entire schedule and your daily life. Because physical activity is such a vital facet of your health and wellness, sports injury physical therapists espouse the belief that every one of us is safer with the right sports injury prevention knowledge. Learn more about sports injury prevention by calling one of our Paulina Hills, MO physical therapists and reduce the risk of a sports injury by doing the following:
- Warm up
Stiff muscles are at an increased risk of tearing, while warm muscles are more flexible. As your muscles warm up, the flexibility lets them absorb impacts more effectively and shield themselves better against jarring, sudden motions that can otherwise cause injury.
- Use proper technique
Sports injuries frequently occur when you attempt to participate in a sport without any experience or training. You need a lot of practice to perfect the technical aspects of any sport, but be sure to learn the foundations of proper movement technique before playing a sport or activity. For example, knowing to bend your knees when you land from a jump can protect you from certain sports injuries to the ankle, knee, hip, and spine.
- Use the necessary equipment
It is crucial that you use the appropriate equipment when being active. The equipment should not only be right for the sport, but also be functioning properly and safe to use. Some examples of equipment are:
- Safety gear such as helmets, pads, or safety glasses
- Clothing that fits you well and is designed for physical activity
- Footwear that is suitable for the activity
- Play in a safe environment
Other than having the proper gear to play the sport, it is crucial that the Paulina Hills, MO setting where you are playing is safe. A sports injury can occur when the playing surface is wet, slippery, or muddy. Even if you are conscientious, warming up and stretching adequately before activity, unsafe conditions around you can lead to a serious sports injury.
- Stay hydrated
Drinking sufficient water is a fundamental health practice that everyone should do. When practicing in physical activity, drink plenty of water before, during, and after your workout. It is crucial to regularly hydrate while you are being active and afterward to replenish the water that you lost through perspiring.
In addition to staying hydrated, practicing good nutrition also lowers your risk of a sports injury.
As an athlete, one of your priorities should be eating a balanced diet of nutrient-rich foods and receiving the appropriate number of calories. Even when you take all the proper precautions and always exercise good judgment when participating in a sport or physical activity, at times an injury is inevitable. Many things are outside of our control, and injuries are going to happen. If you have an acute sports injury or notice pain from an overuse injury, contact Axes’ Paulina Hills, MO sports therapists right away. We will conduct an injury screening to understand the extent and severity of your condition and develop a tailor-made treatment plan to restore you to health as soon as possible.
Therapy for Your Sports Injury: Axes Physical Therapy
As an athlete, we know that living with an injury that prohibits you from physical activity is more than frustrating. In order to be able to get back to peak performance, mobility and strength you had before, you must receive the right sports injury treatment. When you experience a sports injury, the knowledgeable Paulina Hills, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy will work closely with you to create an individualized treatment plan that will get you back on the court, in the gym or on your morning Paulina Hills, MO jog route as soon as possible.
Axes’ team of specialized Paulina Hills, MO sports therapists will successfully guide you in your recuperation from your sports injury. When dealing with a sports injury, it is important to get proper treatment from a skilled professional straight away. When you have been hurt while playing sports, contact Axes Physical Therapy right away. Our Paulina Hills, MO sports therapy team is ready to help get you back to full strength and get you back to playing the sports you love. Learn more about our sports injury treatment services by selecting the Paulina Hills, MO location nearest you.