Sports Injury Potosi, MO. A sports injury can happen when you are playing a competitive sport, training, working out, playing recreationally or participating in other sorts of physical activity. You don’t have to be a professional athlete to experience a sports injury. In fact, the majority of sports injuries happen to non-professional athletes. When you are injured in a sports or athletic-related event, our Potosi, MO sports therapists can help you recuperate. Axes Physical Therapy has a network of physical and occupational therapists treating sports injuries at any of our fourteen locally owned and operated facilities. After you are injured while being physically active, our team can treat your sports injury and safely get you back to the activities you love. Learn more about the Potosi, MO sports injury treatment location closest you, learn more about Axes and what makes us the leader in sports injury care in the Potosi, MO area or contact us now to schedule an analysis of your sports injury with a professional physical or occupational therapist today.
Common Types of Sports Injury
Sports injuries vary immensely in terms of seriousness, required treatment and effect on the body and ability to keep active. Our Potosi, MO physical and occupational therapists specialize in treating all kinds of sports injuries. With decades of experience, exhaustive clinical training and education and specialization in various areas of sports injury treatment, you are in capable hands when you trust your sports injury treatment to the Potosi, MO physical therapists of Axes Physical Therapy. We will lead you through your rehabilitation and ensure that you are able to return to the sports and activities you love soon.
As skillful sports therapists serving all of Potosi, MO, there are not many sports injuries we have not seen or successfully treated. Below are some of the most common sports injury conditions we work with.
- Sprains – A sprain occurs when a ligament is torn or overstretched.
- Strains – When a tendon or muscle is torn or overstretched, you suffer a strain, which are sometimes mistaken for a sprain. Both are common sports injuries.
- Tendonitis/Tendonosis – When a tendon is overused, it can cause inflammation and become sore, limiting activity. Long term or chronic inflammation of a tendon can bring about degradation and breakdown of the tendon tissue, resulting in tendonitis.
- Inflamed joints or tissue – Swelling is a common reaction to many sports injuries and can cause pain and weakness.
- Broken bones – Fractures are caused by overuse or trauma caused by an outside force, and can include stress fractures or a broken bone.
- Dislocations – A dislocation sports injury happens when a bone is forced out of its socket.
- Knee injuries – The knee is a significant but potentially at-risk joint that can be affected by a variety of different sports injuries bringing about torn ligaments, cartilage injuries, muscle strains, and broken bones.
- Rotator cuff injuries – The rotator cuff is a group of muscles and tendons that impedes shoulder dislocations while still allowing full range of motion. Impingement and/ or tears are the most common rotator cuff sports injuries.
- Achilles tendon injuries – The Achilles tendon is a significantly strong and flexible tendon which connects your calf to your heel. Tendonitis and ruptures are common Achilles tendon injuries in active individuals.
- Shin splints – Shin splints are a sports injury that is most common in runners and basketball players. The muscles and tendons around the shin become inflamed, causing soreness.
Our sports injury treatment team can help you recover from your sports injury. As an expert in motion and movement disorders, your Potosi, MO sports therapist will use their experience and expertise toward your recovery. Applying evidence-based practices, we will create a tailored treatment plan that will permit you to safely recover from your sports injury and return your strength and mobility so that you can get back to the activities you love while preventing future injury.
If you experience a sports injury, Axes Physical Therapy will work with you to restore you to optimal physical health and get you back to to your optimum performance level. Work with a qualified Potosi, MO physical therapist to heal from your sports injury today.
Sports Injury Risk Factors
Anyone. That is why it is so important to protect our bodies both on and off the field and to take the requisite precautions while playing sports or training. Remember to warm up before physical activity and never overexert yourself, especially if you’ve been inactive. And if you do experience a sports injury, call the Potosi, MO sports therapy team at Axes Physical Therapy right away. We will guide you in you in your rehabilitation and return you to the activities you love as soon as possible.
You have a heightened risk of a sports injury if you:
- Participate after not being active for a while or poor level of fitness
- Do not stretch or warm up before playing
- Play a contact sport with a predictably higher chance of injury
Young children and older adults are also at a higher risk of experiencing a sports injury. As someone who enjoys being active and who has family members that are in increased danger of a sports injury, whether they are just now learning how to dribble or getting active again by tearing up the recreation center’s pickleball court, keep in mind the basic guidelines for preventing sports injury to help keep yourself and your Potosi, MO family safe from serious sports injuries. If you or a loved one suffers a sports injury while participating in a sport, trust in the experienced Potosi, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy now for a complimentary injury screening or analysis of your injury.
Sports Injury Prevention
As an athlete or someone who is active, a sports injury can upset your entire routine and your day-to-day life. Because physical activity is such a important element of your health and wellness, sports injury physical therapists champion the belief that all of us are safer with the correct sports injury prevention knowledge. Learn more about sports injury prevention by contacting one of our Potosi, MO physical therapists and reduce the risk of a sports injury by doing the following:
- Warm up
Cold muscles have a heightened chance of tearing, while warm muscles are more flexible. As you warm up your muscles, the flexibility helps them absorb movement more effectively and be more resilient against jarring, sudden motions that can otherwise leads to injury.
- Use proper technique
Sports injuries frequently happen when you try to participate in a sport without any experience or training. It takes a lot of practice to perfect the technical aspects of any sport, but be sure to learn the fundamentals of appropriate movement technique before taking part in a sport or activity. For example, understanding how to bend your knees as you land from a jump can protect you from certain sports injuries to the ankle, knee, hip, and spine.
- Use the necessary equipment
It is vital that you use suitable equipment when you are active. The equipment should not only be correct for the sport, but also be in good condition and safe to use. This includes the following:
- Safety gear such as helmets, pads, or safety glasses
- Clothing that fits you well and is designed for physical activity
- Footwear that is appropriate for the activity
- Play in safe conditions
Other than using the correct gear to play the sport, it is important that the Potosi, MO site where you are playing is safe. A sports injury can occur when the surface your are playing on is wet, slippery, or muddy. Even if you are conscientious, warming up and stretching adequately before activity, unsafe conditions around you can cause a serious sports injury.
- Stay hydrated
Drinking sufficient water is a basic health practice that everyone should do. If you are participating in in physical activity, drink a lot of of water before, during, and after your workout. It is vital to regularly hydrate during physical activity and afterward to replace the water that you lost through perspiration.
In addition to staying hydrated, practicing good nutrition also decreases your chances of experiencing a sports injury.
Eating a balanced, nutritious diet and monitoring your caloric intake is a priority for any athlete. Even with precautionary measures and practicing good judgement when participating in a sport or physical activity, from time to time an injury is impossible to avoid. We cannot always control the world around us, and injuries are going to happen. If you experience a severe sports injury or notice pain from an overuse injury, contact Axes’ Potosi, MO sports therapists immediately. We will perform an injury screening to understand the extent and severity of your condition and develop a tailored treatment plan to get you back to health as soon as possible.
Therapy for Your Sports Injury: Axes Physical Therapy
As someone who is active, we know that living with an injury that prohibits you from physical activity is incredibly frustrating. In order to be able to get back to the level of performance, mobility and strength you are accustomed to, you must receive the right sports injury treatment. When you suffer a sports injury, the qualified Potosi, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy will work closely with you to draw up an individualized treatment plan that will get you back on the court, in the gym or on your morning Potosi, MO jog route as soon as possible.
Axes’ team of specialized Potosi, MO sports therapists will successfully guide you in your recovery from your sports injury. When treating a sports injury, it is important to get proper care from a knowledgeable professional immediately. After you have been hurt while being active, contact Axes Physical Therapy right away. Our Potosi, MO sports therapy team is ready to help return you to full strength and get you back to playing the sports you love. Learn more about our sports injury treatment services by selecting the Potosi, MO location nearest you.