Sports Injury Hopewell, MO. A sports injury can happen when you are playing a competitive sport, training, working out, playing recreationally or participating in other types of physical activity. Professional athletes aren’t the only people who can experience a sports injury. In reality, most sports injuries occur in non-professional athletes. When you are injured in a sports or athletic-related event, our Hopewell, MO sports therapists can help you recuperate. Axes Physical Therapy has has fourteen locally owned and operated facilities, each with its own group of physical and occupational therapists. If you are injured while being physically active, our team can treat your sports injury and safely get you back to the activities you love. Find out more about the Hopewell, MO sports injury treatment location most convenient for you, learn more about Axes and why we are the leader in sports injury treatment in the Hopewell, MO area or contact us now to schedule an evaluation of your sports injury with a certified physical or occupational therapist today.
Common Types of Sports Injury
Sports injuries vary immensely in terms of seriousness, necessary treatment and impact on the body and ability to remain active. Our Hopewell, MO physical and occupational therapists are specialists in treating all sorts of sports injuries. With decades of experience, exhaustive clinical training and education and specialization in various areas of sports injury treatment, you are in trustworthy hands when you trust your sports injury treatment to the Hopewell, MO physical therapists of Axes Physical Therapy. We will lead you through your recovery and make certain that you will be back to the sports and activities you love soon.
As accomplished sports therapists serving all of Hopewell, MO, we have seen and successfully treated almost every kind of sports injury. The following are some of the some of the sports injuries we see the most of.
- Sprains – A sprain occurs when a ligament is torn or overstretched.
- Strains – When a muscle or tendon is torn or overstretched, you suffer a strain, which can often be mistaken for a sprain. Both are common sports injuries.
- Tendonitis/Tendonosis – When a tendon is overused, it can cause inflammation and become painful, prohibiting activity. Long term or chronic swelling of a tendon can lead to degradation and breakdown of the tendon tissue, leading to tendonitis.
- Inflamed joints or tissue – Swelling is a common outcome of many sports injuries and can result in pain and weakness.
- Broken bones – Overuse and trauma from accidents can cause fractures, including stress fractures or a broken bone.
- Dislocations – A dislocation sports injury occurs when a bone is pushed out of its socket.
- Knee injuries – The knee is a major but potentially vulnerable joint that can experience a number of different sports injuries resulting in torn ligaments, cartilage injuries, muscle strains, and broken bones.
- Rotator cuff injuries – The rotator cuff is a group of muscles and tendons that disallows your arm from popping out of the shoulder socket while still allowing your shoulder to move in all directions. For the rotator cuff, the highest sports injury risks come from impingement and/or rotator cuff tear.
- Achilles tendon injuries – The Achilles tendon is a particularly strong and flexible tendon connecting your calf to your heel. Tendonitis and ruptures are common Achilles tendon injuries in active individuals.
- Shin splints – Shin splints are a sports injury that typically affects runners and basketball players. The muscles and tendons around the shin become swollen, causing pain.
Our sports injury treatment team can help you recover from your sports injury. As an expert in movement and movement disorders, your Hopewell, MO sports therapist will use their experience and knowledge toward your recovery. Using evidence-based practices, we will implement a tailored treatment plan that will let you safely recover from your sports injury and bring back your strength and mobility so that you can get back to the sports you love while preventing future injury.
If you experience a sports injury, Axes Physical Therapy will work with you to get you back to favorable physical health and get you back to to your highest performance level. Work with a qualified Hopewell, MO physical therapist to recuperate from your sports injury today.
Sports Injury Risk Factors
A sports injury happen to anybody who is being active or participating in a sport. For that reason it is so important to look after our bodies both on and off the field and to take the requisite precautions while playing sports or working out. Remember to warm up before physical activity and do not overwork your body, particularly if you haven’t been active. And if you do experience a sports injury, call the Hopewell, MO sports therapy team at Axes Physical Therapy right away. We will guide you in you in your rehabilitation and return you to the physical activities you love as soon as possible.
You are at a heightened risk of a sports injury if you:
- Play after an extended period of inactivity or poor level of fitness
- Do not stretch or warm up before playing
- Play a contact sport with a predictably higher prospect of injury
Age also plays a factor in sports injuries, as younger children and the elderly are at higher risk. As someone who enjoys being active and who has loved ones that are in increased danger of a sports injury, whether they are strapping on cleats for the first time or getting active again by joining the community pickleball league, keep in mind the basic recommendations for preventing sports injury to help keep yourself and your Hopewell, MO family safe from severe sports injuries. If you or someone you love suffers a sports injury while being active, turn to the experienced Hopewell, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy today for a complimentary injury screening or evaluation of your injury.
Sports Injury Prevention
As an athlete or someone who is active, a sports injury can upset your whole routine and your day-to-day life. Because physical activity is such a important facet of your health and wellness, sports injury physical therapists promote the belief that every one of us is safer with the correct sports injury prevention knowledge. Learn more about sports injury prevention by contacting one of our Hopewell, MO physical therapists and lessen the risk of a sports injury by doing the following:
- Warm up
Inactive muscles are at an increased risk of tearing, while warm muscles have more flexibility. As you warm up your muscles, the flexibility helps them absorb force more easily and defend themselves better against harsh, sudden movements that can otherwise cause injury.
- Use proper technique
Sports injuries commonly occur when you try to do an activity without any experience or training. It takes a lot of practice to perfect the technical skills of any sport, but be sure to learn the fundamentals of proper movement technique before playing a sport or activity. For example, understanding how to bend your knees when you land from a jump can protect you from certain sports injuries to the ankle, knee, hip, and spine.
- Use the necessary equipment
It is essential that you use suitable equipment while being active. The equipment should not only be correct for the sport, but also be in good condition and safe to use. This includes the following:
- Safety gear such as helmets, pads, or safety glasses
- Clothing that fits you well and is designed for physical activity
- Footwear that is appropriate for the activity
- Play in safe conditions
In addition to using the correct equipment to play the sport, it is crucial that the Hopewell, MO location where you are playing is safe. A sports injury can occur when the playing surface is wet, slippery, or muddy. Even if you are very careful, warming up and stretching adequately before activity, unsafe conditions around you can cause a serious sports injury.
- Stay hydrated
Drinking enough water is a fundamental health practice that everyone should do. When participating in in physical activity, drink a lot of of water before, during, and after your workout. It is important to constantly hydrate during physical activity and afterward to replace the fluids you have lost through sweating.
In addition to drinking sufficient water, practicing good nutrition also lowers your risk of a sports injury.
As an athlete, one of your priorities should be eating a balanced diet of nutrient-rich foods and consuming the correct number of calories. Even with precautionary measures and practicing good judgement when participating in a sport or being active, at times an injury is impossible to avoid. Many things are outside of our control, and injuries are part of being an athlete. If you have a severe sports injury or notice pain from an overuse injury, contact Axes’ Hopewell, MO sports therapists today. We will perform an injury screening to understand the extent and severity of your condition and create a personalized treatment plan to return you to health as soon as possible.
Therapy for Your Sports Injury: Axes Physical Therapy
As someone who is active, we know that living with an injury that prohibits you from physical activity is frustrating to say the least. In order to be able to get back to optimal performance, mobility and strength you had before, you must receive the right sports injury treatment. When you experience a sports injury, the knowledgeable Hopewell, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy will work with you step-by-step to implement an individualized treatment plan that will get you back on the court, in the gym or on your morning Hopewell, MO jog route as soon as possible.
Axes’ team of specialized Hopewell, MO sports therapists will successfully guide you in your recuperation from your sports injury. When treating a sports injury, it is vital to get proper treatment from a knowledgeable professional straight away. When you have been hurt while playing sports, contact Axes Physical Therapy right away. Our Hopewell, MO sports therapy team is ready to help return you to full strength and get you back to doing the activities you love. Discover more about our sports injury treatment services by selecting the Hopewell, MO location nearest you.