Sports Injury Horine, MO. A sports injury can take place when you are playing a sport competitively, training, working out, playing recreationally or participating in other sorts of physical activity. You don’t have to be a professional athlete to experience a sports injury. In reality, most sports injuries happen to recreational athletes. When you are injured in a sports or athletic-related event, our Horine, MO sports therapists can help you recuperate. Axes Physical Therapy has a network of physical and occupational therapists treating sports injuries at any of our fourteen locally owned and operated facilities. If you are injured while playing a sport, our team can treat your sports injury and safely get you back to the activities you love. Learn more about the Horine, MO sports injury treatment location closest you, learn more about Axes and what makes us the leader in sports injury care in the Horine, MO area or contact us now to schedule an assessment of your sports injury with a certified physical or occupational therapist today.
Common Types of Sports Injury
Sports injuries vary widely in terms of severity, necessary treatment and impact on the body and ability to stay active. Our Horine, MO physical and occupational therapists specialize in treating all kinds of sports injuries. With decades of experience, extensive clinical training and education and specialization in various areas of sports injury treatment, you are in deft hands when you trust your sports injury treatment to the Horine, MO physical therapists of Axes Physical Therapy. We will lead you through your recuperation and make certain that you are able to return to the sports and activities you love soon.
As accomplished sports therapists serving all of Horine, MO, there are not many sports injuries we have not seen or successfully treated. Listed below are some of the most common sports injury conditions we work with.
- Sprains – A sprain occurs when a ligament is torn or overstretched.
- Strains – When a tendon or muscle is torn or overstretched, you suffer a strain, which are sometimes mistaken for a sprain. Both are common sports injuries.
- Tendonitis/Tendonosis – When a tendon suffers from overuse, it can cause inflammation and become painful, limiting activity. Long term or chronic swelling of a tendon can result in degradation and breakdown of the tendon tissue, resulting in tendonitis.
- Swollen joints or tissue – Inflammation is a common consequence of many sports injuries and can lead to soreness and weakness.
- Broken bones – Fractures are caused by overuse or trauma caused by an outside force, and can include stress fractures or a broken bone.
- Dislocations – A dislocation sports injury happens when a bone is pushed out of its socket.
- Knee injuries – The knee is an important but potentially at-risk joint that can experience a variety of different sports injuries leading to torn ligaments, cartilage injuries, muscle strains, and fracture.
- Rotator cuff injuries – The muscles responsible for allowing your shoulder to have full range of motion while keeping it in place make up the rotator cuff. Impingement and/ or tears are the most common rotator cuff sports injuries.
- Achilles tendon injuries – The Achilles tendon is a particularly strong and flexible tendon connecting your calf to your heel. Tendonitis and ruptures are typical Achilles tendon injuries in active individuals.
- Shin splints – Shin splints are a sports injury that typically affects runners and basketball players. The muscles and tendons around the shin become inflamed, causing pain.
Our sports injury treatment team can help you recover from your sports injury. As an expert in movement and movement disorders, your Horine, MO sports therapist will employ their experience and knowledge toward your recovery. Using evidence-based practices, we will implement a tailored treatment plan that will allow you to safely recover from your sports injury and bring back your strength and movement so that you can get back to the sports you love while safeguarding against future injury.
If you have a sports injury, Axes Physical Therapy will work with you to return you to optimal physical health and get you back to to your optimum performance level. Work with a qualified Horine, MO physical therapist to rehabilitate from your sports injury today.
Sports Injury Risk Factors
Anybody can experience a sports injury while participating in physical activities. That is why it is of utmost importance to take care of our bodies both on and off the field and to take the necessary precautions while participating in sports or training. Warming up is always an important first step, and do not overwork your body, particularly if you haven’t been active. And if you do suffer a sports injury, get in touch with the Horine, MO sports therapy team at Axes Physical Therapy right away. We will guide you in you in your recovery and get you back to the activities you love as soon as possible.
You are at an increased risk of a sports injury if you:
- Participate after an extended period of inactivity or poor level of fitness
- Neglect to stretch or warm up before playing
- Play a contact sport with a predictably higher prospect of injury
Age also plays a factor in sports injuries, as younger children and the elderly are at higher risk. As someone who enjoys being active and who has family members that are in increased danger of a sports injury, whether they are just starting out in t-ball or getting active again by joining the community pickleball league, consider the basic strategies for preventing sports injury to help keep yourself and your Horine, MO family safe from severe sports injuries. If you or someone you care about suffers a sports injury while being active, turn to the talented Horine, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy right away for a complimentary injury screening or analysis of your injury.
Sports Injury Prevention
As an athlete or anybody who is active, a sports injury can interrupt your whole schedule and your day-to-day life. Due to physical activity being such a critical aspect of your health and well-being, sports injury physical therapists promote the viewpoint that all of us are safer with the appropriate sports injury prevention knowledge. Discover more about sports injury prevention by calling one of our Horine, MO physical therapists and lessen the risk of a sports injury by doing the following:
- Warm up
Cold muscles have a heightened risk of tearing, while warmed up muscles have more flexibility. As you warm up your muscles, the flexibility helps them absorb force more effectively and defend themselves better against harsh, sudden motions that can otherwise leads to injury.
- Use proper technique
Sports injuries frequently happen when you try to participate in a sport without any experience or training. Any athlete requires a lot of practice to perfect the technical aspects of any sport, but be sure to learn the fundamentals of appropriate movement technique before participating in a sport or activity. For example, understanding how to bend your knees while you land from a jump can protect you from certain sports injuries to the ankle, knee, hip, and spine.
- Use the necessary equipment
It is very important that you use the correct equipment when being active. The equipment should not only be appropriate for the sport, but also be in good condition and safe to use. This includes the following:
- Safety gear such as helmets, pads, or safety goggles
- Clothing that fits you well and is designed for physical activity
- Footwear that is right for the activity
- Play in a safe environment
Other than using the appropriate equipment to play the sport, it is important that the Horine, MO site where you are playing is safe. A sports injury can occur when the playing surface is wet, slippery, or muddy. Even if you are conscientious, warming up and stretching adequately before activity, dangerous conditions where you play can cause a serious sports injury.
- Stay hydrated
Drinking enough water is a basic health practice that everyone should do. When participating in in physical activity, drink a lot of of water before, during, and after your workout. It is crucial to constantly hydrate during physical activity and afterward to replenish the fluids that you lost through sweating.
In addition to drinking sufficient water, practicing good nutrition also decreases your risk of a sports injury.
Eating a balanced, nutritious diet and balancing your caloric intake is a priority for any athlete. Even with precautionary measures and practicing good judgement when participating in a sport or being active, occasionally an injury is impossible to avoid. Many things are outside of our control, and injuries are going to happen. If you suffer a severe sports injury or notice pain from an overuse injury, contact Axes’ Horine, MO sports therapists right away. We will conduct an injury screening to understand the extent and severity of your condition and formulate a tailored treatment plan to get you back to health as soon as possible.
Therapy for Your Sports Injury: Axes Physical Therapy
As an athlete, we know that living with an injury that prohibits you from physical activity is incredibly frustrating. In order to be able to get back to optimal performance, mobility and strength you are used to, you must receive the right sports injury treatment. When you suffer a sports injury, the knowledgeable Horine, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy will work with you step-by-step to implement an individualized treatment plan that will get you back on the court, in the gym or on your morning Horine, MO jog route as soon as possible.
Axes’ team of specialized Horine, MO sports therapists will successfully guide you in your rehabilitation from your sports injury. When dealing with a sports injury, it is crucial to get proper care from a knowledgeable professional straight away. When you have been hurt while being active, contact Axes Physical Therapy right away. Our Horine, MO sports therapy team is ready to help get you back to full strength and get you back to playing the sports you love. Discover more about our sports injury treatment services by selecting the Horine, MO location nearest you.