Sports Injury Cottleville, MO. A sports injury can occur when you are playing a sport competitively, training, working out, playing recreationally or participating in other forms of physical activity. You don’t have to be a professional athlete to experience a sports injury. In truth, the majority of sports injuries happen to recreational athletes. When you are injured in a sports or athletic-related event, our Cottleville, MO sports therapists can help you heal. Axes Physical Therapy has has fourteen locally owned and operated facilities, each with its own group of physical and occupational therapists. After you are injured while being physically active, our team can treat your sports injury and safely return you to the activities you love. Learn more about the Cottleville, MO sports injury treatment location most convenient for you, learn more about Axes and what makes us the leader in sports injury treatment in the Cottleville, MO area or contact us now to schedule an analysis of your sports injury with a certified physical or occupational therapist today.
Common Types of Sports Injury
Sports injuries differ greatly in terms of seriousness, necessary treatment and impact on the body and ability to keep active. Our Cottleville, MO physical and occupational therapists are specialists in treating all forms of sports injuries. With decades of experience, extensive clinical training and education and specialization in various areas of sports injury treatment, you are in capable hands when you trust your sports injury treatment to the Cottleville, MO physical therapists of Axes Physical Therapy. We will lead you through your recuperation and make sure that you will be back to the sports and activities you love in no time.
As experienced sports therapists serving all of Cottleville, MO, there are hardly any sports injuries we have not seen or successfully treated. Below are some of the most common sports injury conditions we work with.
- Sprains – A sprain happens when a ligament is torn or overstretched.
- Strains – When a muscle or tendon is torn or overstretched, you suffer a strain, which can often be mistaken for a sprain. Both are common sports injuries.
- Tendonitis/Tendonosis – When a tendon is overused, it can cause inflammation and become sore, restricting activity. Long term or chronic swelling of a tendon can cause degradation and breakdown of the tendon tissue, causing tendonitis.
- Inflamed joints or tissue – Inflammation is a common reaction to a lot of sports injuries and can lead to soreness and weakness.
- Broken bones – Fractures are caused by overuse or trauma caused by an outside force, and can include stress fractures or a broken bone.
- Dislocations – A sports injury can force a bone out of its socket, dislocating it.
- Knee injuries – The knee is an important but potentially at-risk joint that can be affected by a lot of different sports injuries bringing about torn ligaments, cartilage injuries, muscle strains, and fracture.
- Rotator cuff injuries – The muscles responsible for allowing your shoulder to move in all directions while keeping it in place make up the rotator cuff. Impingement and/ or tears are the most common rotator cuff sports injuries.
- Achilles tendon injuries – The Achilles tendon is a significantly strong and flexible tendon which connects your calf to your heel. Tendonitis and ruptures are typical Achilles tendon injuries in active individuals.
- Shin splints – Shin splints are a sports injury that is most common in runners and basketball players. The muscles and tendons around the shin become swollen, causing soreness.
Our sports injury treatment team can help you recover from your sports injury. As an expert in movement and movement disorders, your Cottleville, MO sports therapist will apply their experience and expertise toward your recovery. Using evidence-based practices, we will develop a tailored treatment plan that will permit you to safely recover from your sports injury and return your strength and mobility so that you can get back to the activities you love while protecting against future injury.
If you have a sports injury, Axes Physical Therapy will work with you to get you back to excellent physical health and restore you to your highest performance level. Work with a qualified Cottleville, MO physical therapist to rehabilitate from your sports injury today.
Sports Injury Risk Factors
Anyone. For that reason it is vital to take care of our bodies both on and off the field and to take the necessary precautions while playing sports or training. Warming up is always an important first step, and never overwork your body, particularly if you’ve been inactive. And if you do experience a sports injury, contact the Cottleville, MO sports therapy team at Axes Physical Therapy right away. We will guide you in you in your rehabilitation and get you back to the activities you love as soon as possible.
You are at an increased risk of a sports injury if you:
- Participate after an extended period of inactivity or poor level of fitness
- Neglect to stretch or warm up before playing
- Play a contact sport with an inherently higher prospect of injury
Young children and older adults are also at a higher risk of experiencing a sports injury. As someone who enjoys being active and who has family members that are more susceptible to sports injury, whether they are just starting out in t-ball or getting active again by joining the community pickleball league, keep in mind the basic recommendations for sports injury prevention to help keep yourself and your Cottleville, MO family safe from severe sports injuries. If you or someone you you know suffers a sports injury while participating in a sport, turn to the experienced Cottleville, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy now for a complimentary injury screening or analysis of your injury.
Sports Injury Prevention
As an athlete or anybody who is active, a sports injury can upset your whole schedule and your daily life. Due to physical activity being such a vital element of your health and well-being, sports injury physical therapists champion the view that all of us are safer with the right sports injury prevention knowledge. Learn more about sports injury prevention by reaching out to one of our Cottleville, MO physical therapists and minimize the risk of a sports injury by doing the following:
- Warm up
Stiff muscles have a higher chance of tearing, while warm muscles are more flexible. As you warm up your muscles, the flexibility allows them to absorb force more easily and protect themselves better against jarring, sudden motions that can otherwise leads to injury.
- Use proper technique
Sports injuries commonly happen when you try to do an activity without any experience or training. Any athlete needs a lot of practice to perfect the technical skills of any sport, but be sure to learn the basics of proper movement technique before participating in a sport or activity. For example, knowing to bend your knees as you land from a jump can protect you from certain sports injuries to the ankle, knee, hip, and spine.
- Use the necessary equipment
It is essential that you use the appropriate equipment while being active. The equipment should not only be right for the sport, but also be working properly and safe to use. Some examples of equipment are:
- Safety gear such as helmets, pads, or safety goggles
- Clothing that fits you well and is designed for physical activity
- Footwear that is appropriate for the activity
- Play in a safe environment
Other than having the proper equipment to play the sport, it is crucial that the Cottleville, MO setting where you are playing is safe. A sports injury can happen when the surface of the court is wet and slippery or the turf is muddy. Even if you are alert, warming up and stretching adequately before activity, dangerous conditions around you can result in a serious sports injury.
- Stay hydrated
Drinking adequate water is a basic health practice that everyone should do. If you are participating in in physical activity, drink plenty of water before, during, and after your workout. It is vital to regularly hydrate while you are being active and afterward to replace the water that you lost through sweating.
In addition to drinking enough water, practicing good nutrition also decreases your chances of suffering a sports injury.
As an athlete, one of your priorities should be eating a balanced diet of nutrient-rich foods and receiving the correct number of calories. Even when you take all the proper precautions and always exercise good judgment when playing a sport or being active, from time to time an injury is inevitable. Many things are outside of our control, and injuries are going to happen. If you suffer an acute sports injury or notice pain from an overuse injury, contact Axes’ Cottleville, MO sports therapists right away. We will perform an injury screening to understand the extent and severity of your condition and develop a tailor-made treatment plan to get you back to health as soon as possible.
Therapy for Your Sports Injury: Axes Physical Therapy
As someone who is active, we know that living with an activity-limiting injury is frustrating to say the least. In order to be able to get back to peak performance, mobility and strength you had before, you must receive the right sports injury treatment. When you suffer a sports injury, the skilled Cottleville, MO sports therapists of Axes Physical Therapy will work closely with you to formulate an individualized treatment plan that will get you back on the court, in the gym or on your morning Cottleville, MO jog route as soon as possible.
Axes’ team of specialized Cottleville, MO sports therapists will successfully guide you in your recuperation from your sports injury. When handling a sports injury, it is crucial to get proper care from a experienced professional straight away. When you have been injured while being active, contact Axes Physical Therapy right away. Our Cottleville, MO sports therapy team is ready to help get you back to full strength and get you back to playing the sports you love. Discover more about our sports injury treatment services by selecting the Cottleville, MO location nearest you.